ABF | Concession Bargaining - How Not To

And how well did that work out buying all those carriers? Thousands of teamsters out of a job or relocated,but thats ok as long as you got yours....I think your in the same league as zollars & thats not saying a lot....
And...everybody knows it but him. It is incredible how clueless some can be.

ABF doesn't claim to be in dire financial straits...didn't you get this card...that's right...you don't work for ABF...so just what do you know of their claims...I'll tell you...nothing!!!!!!!

Now...for you claiming that Zollars kicked it around for years then decided to act when rates were low...wow...so he decided to make the purchase when he knew that a economic downturn was coming...listen to yourself Joe...you are now admitting he was a dumb ass.Is that quite clear?

By the way...answer my question....just how long did it take ABF to pay off the Carolina purchase?
I don't have to work for ABF to know all carriers lost money during the '07-'2010 downturn. YRC lost $2.5B..needed help and got it. ABF was rejected. It was very noble of you to say 'we da ABF teamsters don't do concessions' There will be consequences..a payback fee for your actions. McReynolds is not above wreaking havoc on the crew as Bill did only on a lessor scale

And how well did that work out buying all those carriers? Thousands of teamsters out of a job or relocated,but thats ok as long as you got yours....I think your in the same league as zollars & thats not saying a lot....
Not a pretty picture indeed. It is one thing to vote for concessions to save your job but yet another to vote to lose jobs. That's what you will be doing. Yes, I got mine and so will everyone else who does the 30 years

I don't have to work for ABF to know all carriers lost money during the '07-'2010 downturn. YRC lost $2.5B..needed help and got it. ABF was rejected. It was very noble of you to say 'we da ABF teamsters don't do concessions' There will be consequences..a payback fee for your actions. McReynolds is not above wreaking havoc on the crew as Bill did only on a lessor scale
Not a pretty picture indeed. It is one thing to vote for concessions to save your job but yet another to vote to lose jobs. That's what you will be doing. Yes, I got mine and so will everyone else who does the 30 years

What is with you...you think everything revolves around YRC and Bill...trust me Joe...we all know what a success story that is...so why do you have to keep putting yourself through it...you know something...you just might not be so cranky if you could get that tragedy out of your mind.

What is with you...you think everything revolves around YRC and Bill...trust me Joe...we all know what a success story that is...so why do you have to keep putting yourself through it...you know something...you just might not be so cranky if you could get that tragedy out of your mind.
Because he's a jackass who was locked in his gym locker too many times with his dirty jockstraps.

Joe thinks we all should have to take concessions..Remember he was a promoter of the concessions for YRC.Even after Newpenn voted it down and the union and YRC wanted a second vote he was sure that if it was voted down again they would have closed Newpenn..After talking to a high ranking union official I was told it was a bluff but the Newpenn guys fell for it and for the most part you cannot blame them..ABF is a different story,they are profitable and are no where in the same boat as YRC..Joe knows this but he will still cry for concessions..Joe is like the one guy on the list that knows everything and nothing gets by him..(except the real facts) He lives in Joe's world and most likely will never admit defeat..

Joe thinks we all should have to take concessions..Remember he was a promoter of the concessions for YRC.Even after Newpenn voted it down and the union and YRC wanted a second vote he was sure that if it was voted down again they would have closed Newpenn..After talking to a high ranking union official I was told it was a bluff but the Newpenn guys fell for it and for the most part you cannot blame them..ABF is a different story,they are profitable and are no where in the same boat as YRC..Joe knows this but he will still cry for concessions..Joe is like the one guy on the list that knows everything and nothing gets by him..(except the real facts) He lives in Joe's world and most likely will never admit defeat..
Plunger Joe is just crying for attention and he will do whatever it takes to get it.

Yes...I remember crazy...that's when he was known as bean...the forum jumping bean...lol

But it all honesty...I have to admit...he does get it right sometimes...not many but as you can see below...he does get it right once in a great while:

Sorry to say, I believe in the power of negative thinking and paranoia

Really? Is that what I think? You all should have to take concessions. It was a bluff? After talking to a high ranking union official you were told it was a bluff? You people are so paranoid you don't believe your own union. I find it amazing so many think a company like YRC who lost over $2B, was let off the hook for pension payments, closed half the system, hasn't made a decent profit in 5 years was bluffing. They're in business for your livelihood right? If YRC doesn't make a decent profit by 2015 you can forget about retiring or better yet if it doesn't shut doesn't shut down on it's own..vote to shut the pig down and put them out of their misery as the ABFool would say.
ABF'ers don't trust the company or the union. Yes you have to be paranoid but when you can't even trust your own union you need psychiatric counseling or maybe you believe the company and union should provide you with the good life whether or not the profits are there. ABF will vote once and we shall see who is bluffing and who will cry themselves to sleep every night. It's 2013, not 1980

It is over

Really? Is that what I think? You all should have to take concessions. It was a bluff? After talking to a high ranking union official you were told it was a bluff? You people are so paranoid you don't believe your own union. I find it amazing so many think a company like YRC who lost over $2B, was let off the hook for pension payments, closed half the system, hasn't made a decent profit in 5 years was bluffing. They're in business for your livelihood right? If YRC doesn't make a decent profit by 2015 you can forget about retiring or better yet if it doesn't shut doesn't shut down on it's own..vote to shut the pig down and put them out of their misery as the ABFool would say.
ABF'ers don't trust the company or the union. Yes you have to be paranoid but when you can't even trust your own union you need psychiatric counseling or maybe you believe the company and union should provide you with the good life whether or not the profits are there. ABF will vote once and we shall see who is bluffing and who will cry themselves to sleep every night. It's 2013, not 1980

It is over

Last edited by a moderator:
Benefit Reductions Remain Top Worry for American Workers
August 22, 2012
PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty percent of American workers are worried that their benefits will be reduced in the near future, more than say they are worried about being laid off, having their wages reduced, or having their hours cut back.

imagesqtbnANd9GcQSjA2LAiJYCzixIVFMr.jpg

State’s failure to fund pensions threatens retirees’ security

All retirees on fixed government pensions, they each worry about how their seemingly once-secure retirements could change for the worse if Gov. Pat Quinn and lawmakers return to Springfield in early January and gut pension benefits for ex-public employees.

State

an-old-man-in-the-street-of-gaziantep-gaziantep.jpg

Don't worry Joe...we'll be there for you!

It is over

Hello Mr. Negative. I hate to tell you this but YRCW'S problems was caused by your hero Billy Boy. He did exactly what he set out to do, and that is to darn near bankrupt not 1 company, not 2 company's, but at least 3 companies. ABF is making money, maybe not as much as they want, but they are making money. The pension funds would not be in the condition it is in if Billy Boy wasn't in charge. YRCW not paying into the pension only hurt their members. In my opinion, he should not have received any compensation in the end, he should have been fired.

There could be a good case made that Mr. Zollars was making a planned effort to break the NMFA with the ATA's blessing. If that's the case, it wouldn't matter how profitable, or non-profitable the purchased companies were, the plan would be to run them into the ground to ruin the conditions of the NMFA. The only way to do that would be to deliberatly mis-manage the companies in order to terrorize the employees to get a vote to break up the NMFA. "Profitability" really never entered into the picture, "Deception" was the order of the day. ABF's contract talks will be distinctly different for a number of reasons. I can see maybe a contract extension in our future, but no strike or lockout. Mr. Zollars did the job he was hired to do, and now he's moved on. Anyone notice how nervous ABF management gets when there's talk of a two year agreement coinciding with the end of YRC's MOA's? If that would happen, wouldn't that defeat all of Mr. Zollar's "hard work" to destroy the NMFA?

There could be a good case made that Mr. Zollars was making a planned effort to break the NMFA with the ATA's blessing. If that's the case, it wouldn't matter how profitable, or non-profitable the purchased companies were, the plan would be to run them into the ground to ruin the conditions of the NMFA. The only way to do that would be to deliberatly mis-manage the companies in order to terrorize the employees to get a vote to break up the NMFA. "Profitability" really never entered into the picture, "Deception" was the order of the day. ABF's contract talks will be distinctly different for a number of reasons. I can see maybe a contract extension in our future, but no strike or lockout. Mr. Zollars did the job he was hired to do, and now he's moved on. Anyone notice how nervous ABF management gets when there's talk of a two year agreement coinciding with the end of YRC's MOA's? If that would happen, wouldn't that defeat all of Mr. Zollar's "hard work" to destroy the NMFA?

There will be no two year agreement...that would be voted down just on that alone!

It is over

As far as "it was a bluff" goes I was referring to Newpenn not the overall picture of YRC..Salespeople were going around and asking Joe and they found out that if they were to shut Newpenn down they would have lost about 90% of the business..Now that was 90% of profitable business something that YRC had to think about..Like a polka game the members caved first..As far as ABF goes and this is their thread,ABF is nowhere close in financial dire straights like YRC was..We had a loser running the company and they seem to have smart business people running the show..
ABF will vote once and we shall see who is bluffing and who will cry themselves to sleep every night.
Whatever happened to if one party votes it down they go back to the table..You are now and like you did in the past stating that if ABF workers vote no to concessions it is over for them..

Facts :bowdown: Joe :bowdown: Facts