New Penn | concession count by locals

20 Newpenn locals and only one had the balls to stand up for themselves!!! Amazing...
Good Job Local 107...Cinnaminson/Philly

And before anyone starts yapping their mouths.. I agree the yes vote for the yellow, roadway , holland guys was a good move....but no way should anyone from new penn have voted yes

John Haines
City Steward
Local 107
Newpenn Cinnaminson

20 Newpenn locals and only one had the balls to stand up for themselves!!! Amazing...
Good Job Local 107...Cinnaminson/Philly

And before anyone starts yapping their mouths.. I agree the yes vote for the yellow, roadway , holland guys was a good move....but no way should anyone from new penn have voted yes

John Haines
City Steward
Local 107
Newpenn Cinnaminson

kudos to you guys in the land the cheesesteaks :1036316054: the only thing that will make me happy now is the Eagles smashing the Giants !

Local 107

Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back John Haines (or whatever your name is) why don't you visit all the NP terminals and deliver your message in person? I am guessing you are one of those 25 or 30 year brothers who have their pension time in, and don't care about the junior men. As a steward you should know better than to put down your NP brothers. Your local was chosen as the lone NO-vote local to make this farce of a "fair" vote look legit. This concession proposal was approved by all freight locals EXCEPT ONE! Our 2008-2013 NMFA contract proposal was approved by all freight locals EXCEPT ONE! Anyone see a pattern yet? I voted YES not only to protect my job, but everyone else on the seniority list. How long do you think the pension funds would last without YRC paying in and ABF required to increase their conrtributions per Federal law? It would not take long for ABF members to join us YRC guys at the unemployment office. Some things in life are much bigger than the needs or egos of just one brother. I anticipate and welcome a response as I have not personally attacked any of my brother Teamsters as you have.

Well said NP Driver1. I may be a sales guy out there pounding the street everyday trying to get freight onto the NP Green Trucks, but even I know to NEVER put down a teamster brother, especially as a shop steward....Good luck to all of us at NPME, bad times dont last forever, but strong union and non-union teams do!!!!!!!!!!....Lets kick some *** now....NPME is the Best of the Best :1036316054: :nutkick:

Well I am glad to see some responses. I dont need to pat myself on the back. I patted my teamster brothers on the back who had the guts to stand up for themselves like teamsters use to do. You say you voted yes and in the same sentence you say the vote was a farce. So I guess you are putting down The IBT and thats ok? but u question me putting down NP brothers?? I guess that makes sense in your mind.
1. I see I had the guts to post my name and terminal unlike you or the sales rep who posted after you. Amazing how the no vote guys had the guts to stand up and speak up. But I didnt see any yes vote guys at my barn speaking up or even giving a good reason for a yes vote other than crying that we will close with a no vote.
2. I am a 21 year teamster and 21 year newpenn employee. And I will bet that I know how this company has run and is run, better than you or the sales rep know. And my no vote was FOR the junior guys who have yearssssssssssss to go in this company!!! Why should the senior guys with little time left vote yes and leave the junior guys at a lesser payscale for the many years they have left to work??? Take a poll and u will see (atleast at my barn) the yes votes were the guys who need a year or two or the guys who make lots of overtime! It has always been the top guys giving up! Why? because they worried about themsleves thats why!!!! all they want is the company to last a year or two so they can collect!

3. You asked how long the funds would last without yrc? not long at all. So maybe you should have read my entire post, Where I said I agree the yellow, roadway, holland guys should have voted yes.. If u look up any of my other post you will see i said it before

4. You voted yes to protect your job? well tell me how your newpenn no vote would have cost you your job? Let me guess, John McCloy or Don Johnson gave you the threat of closing newpenn if we vote no and you fell for it! You believe you should take a pay cut for a company that is making millions in profit??? Lets see how much I know..I say for the year 2008 that newpenn makes 15-20 million in PROFIT!! they will turn a profit in one of the worst economies of our lifetime and u think they are in bad shape??? GET REAL. We just got 2 new straight trucks at our barn and there are 50 new tractors in the system!! And u think we are in bad shape???
5. If saying some guys had the guts to stand up for themselves is an insult to you. Then I guess you dont feel too proud of your yes vote.
I voted NO and am proud of it!! And I voted no because I refuse to give my hard earned money to YRC while they **** newpenn! and close us up in a year or two! I hope it doesnt happen, but I believe it will. Newpenn is a pimple on their *** that they can just pop! Newpenn use to own all their properties.. They own nothing now!!! I worked 21 years and helped make this company what it is! And I'll be damned if i sit by and suck it up while someone outside this compnay destroys it!
And if you want to question who I try to help and who I try to protect or question me as a steward then why dont you call in person to the local or the cinnaminson terminal and ask what i am about!
And for the newpenn sales post. I dont know what business you bring in your area. But I sure know the reps at cinnaminson haven't done crap in 3 years as far as new accounts for us. And I am sure you can call the terminal manager at cinnaminson to see what i am about. I start work at 4pm..looking forward to hearing from you.
And if i am wrong, and a year or two down the road newpenn is the way it should be and they are not out of business I will be right on here to admit I was wrong. Lets hope that happens.

NewPennSales, you say even you know to never put down a teamster brother? Well I hope you are not like the sales reps at Cinnaminson. Because those reps dont even know the names of half the drivers here that have been here for 20 years or more!
And as far as your comment about me being the shop steward. Well guess what. I am a steward that will tell the company when they F@@k up as well as tell my teamster brothers when they do it. And thats the right way things are done. I dont have to kiss any ***..be it the company, the union or my fellow workers.

Now if either of you have any intelligent points to make on why a yes vote was needed , other than saying boo hoo they will close us for voting no... I am more than willing to discuss them.
incase you forgot..its JOHN HAINES LOCAL 107 CITY STEWARD NEWPENN CINNAMINSON

Well I am glad to see some responses. I dont need to pat myself on the back. I patted my teamster brothers on the back who had the guts to stand up for themselves like teamsters use to do. You say you voted yes and in the same sentence you say the vote was a farce. So I guess you are putting down The IBT and thats ok? but u question me putting down NP brothers?? I guess that makes sense in your mind.
1. I see I had the guts to post my name and terminal unlike you or the sales rep who posted after you. Amazing how the no vote guys had the guts to stand up and speak up. But I didnt see any yes vote guys at my barn speaking up or even giving a good reason for a yes vote other than crying that we will close with a no vote.
2. I am a 21 year teamster and 21 year newpenn employee. And I will bet that I know how this company has run and is run, better than you or the sales rep know. And my no vote was FOR the junior guys who have yearssssssssssss to go in this company!!! Why should the senior guys with little time left vote yes and leave the junior guys at a lesser payscale for the many years they have left to work??? Take a poll and u will see (atleast at my barn) the yes votes were the guys who need a year or two or the guys who make lots of overtime! It has always been the top guys giving up! Why? because they worried about themsleves thats why!!!! all they want is the company to last a year or two so they can collect!

3. You asked how long the funds would last without yrc? not long at all. So maybe you should have read my entire post, Where I said I agree the yellow, roadway, holland guys should have voted yes.. If u look up any of my other post you will see i said it before

4. You voted yes to protect your job? well tell me how your newpenn no vote would have cost you your job? Let me guess, John McCloy or Don Johnson gave you the threat of closing newpenn if we vote no and you fell for it! You believe you should take a pay cut for a company that is making millions in profit??? Lets see how much I know..I say for the year 2008 that newpenn makes 15-20 million in PROFIT!! they will turn a profit in one of the worst economies of our lifetime and u think they are in bad shape??? GET REAL. We just got 2 new straight trucks at our barn and there are 50 new tractors in the system!! And u think we are in bad shape???
5. If saying some guys had the guts to stand up for themselves is an insult to you. Then I guess you dont feel too proud of your yes vote.
I voted NO and am proud of it!! And I voted no because I refuse to give my hard earned money to YRC while they **** newpenn! and close us up in a year or two! I hope it doesnt happen, but I believe it will. Newpenn is a pimple on their *** that they can just pop! Newpenn use to own all their properties.. They own nothing now!!! I worked 21 years and helped make this company what it is! And I'll be damned if i sit by and suck it up while someone outside this compnay destroys it!
And if you want to question who I try to help and who I try to protect or question me as a steward then why dont you call in person to the local or the cinnaminson terminal and ask what i am about!
And for the newpenn sales post. I dont know what business you bring in your area. But I sure know the reps at cinnaminson haven't done crap in 3 years as far as new accounts for us. And I am sure you can call the terminal manager at cinnaminson to see what i am about. I start work at 4pm..looking forward to hearing from you.
And if i am wrong, and a year or two down the road newpenn is the way it should be and they are not out of business I will be right on here to admit I was wrong. Lets hope that happens.

i applaud you sir :1036316054: i'm a junior man with a little over 6 yrs on the job and i voted NO but as you can see the guys i work with gave the co. what they wanted with a landslide YES. Don J., John Mc., and Bob N. scared the daylights out of these guys. unlike alot of my co-workers, im skillful in other areas so i don't have to drive a truck all my life. besides starting over somewhere else in this industry is not an option for me. i feel the entire industry in terms of making these jobs attractive is a sinking ship. anyhow, anyone who attacks your opinion i feel is clueless. i agree with all you had to say. GO EAGLES :1036316054:

I guess this is typical salesman talk. 3 months ago NPsales posted this.....Nothing to be worried about. Bottom line is we need to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our customers, get the deliveries to them as early as possible so they can use the product to ship outbound with us. Can not have any missed pick-ups, period. Remember, New Penn opens for business daily at 2:00PM, when our pick-ups start for tomorrows deliveries!....
3 months later he post this....Don't have to be a brain surgeon here folks, If you vote NO, New Penn will be put out of business. Believe me, NPME is the size of a pimple on YRCW's ***, and would not be missed. If you vote YES,...

Old school teamster

I guess this is typical salesman talk. 3 months ago NPsales posted this.....Nothing to be worried about. Bottom line is we need to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our customers, get the deliveries to them as early as possible so they can use the product to ship outbound with us. Can not have any missed pick-ups, period. Remember, New Penn opens for business daily at 2:00PM, when our pick-ups start for tomorrows deliveries!....
3 months later he post this....Don't have to be a brain surgeon here folks, If you vote NO, New Penn will be put out of business. Believe me, NPME is the size of a pimple on YRCW's ***, and would not be missed. If you vote YES,...

Dude I am a 3 year dock/city guy in baltimore on lay off and have found believe it or not another driving job, But I have to say you are right on. I voted no only 1 of 11 guys in baltimore out of 61. I figure by the time they think of calling me back I"ll know a little more where New Penn is headed so I can make a decision. And from what I know and read on these boards yrc has made a once proud and a company drivers wanted to work at to a less than desirable place to be. But while I respect my stewards here I have to applaud you. Keep doing what you do.

congrats on being able to find another job. probably making less then 90% of scale and no company paid bennies.

You are somewhat correct but sure is more than what unemployment is paying me. And I am paying for my bennies but what are my choices brother? The senior guys to me turning down overtime so I can work, I don't think so. I hope your still employed because they are not much out here.

what the heck is a salesman on here for...you know he reports everything to the man..get off this site mr salesman..and go find some freight...

I don't report everything to the man, cause I am the man!
Best of luck to all my NPME brothers and sisters......Lets kick some butt in 2009......:nutkick:

I remember when sales reps use to pound the pavement finding business. Now they expect the driver's to supply the leads. While they reflect on their own stature within the company. When you do try to give them some insight to a prospect, they get lost in their own arrogance and condescending attitude. Welcome to the new breed of freight sales.

The one and only reason Philly is as good as it is, WE HAVE GOOD STEWARDS(ROAD AND CITY) you can disagree with John and Bob but they will make sure you know where they stand. Keep talking Johnny Boy!!!!!!!!!