Central Transport | Conflict of interest ?

Rusty Kuntz

TB Lurker
Credits
I would think you cant own a corporation and own the insurance company that insures your own people...i'm going to have to look more into this

A lot of companies are self insured,but hire an insurance company to administer the plan. I doubt they are.doing anything illegal.

A lot of companies are self insured,but hire an insurance company to administer the plan. I doubt they are.doing anything illegal.

I know one company (personally) that got creamed by the Feds for doing this, but I don't know all the circumstances involved. Would LOVE for CT to get torpedoed for this.

It reminds me of a song I learned in grade school with the chorus "I owe my soul to the company store." While we are far better off than the conditions that song was written about I get your drift.

I know one company (personally) that got creamed by the Feds for doing this, but I don't know all the circumstances involved. Would LOVE for CT to get torpedoed for this.

They won't, I'm sure they covered their bases before they pulled the chain in this who knows how long ago.

If your spouse has coverage, you are allowed to stay on that plan. I'll bet they mean that you have to have coverage. It doesn't have to be theirs, but you will have to show coverage somewhere. That's how every company I've worked for did it.

I would think you cant own a corporation and own the insurance company that insures your own people...i'm going to have to look more into this

Seriously, you are going to look more into this, ROFL. The company is set up as a separate corporation and everything is set up legally. Manny pays hundreds of thousands of dollars on lawyers every year to make sure what they do is above board. He may not be every persons favorite but he is no ones fool. As it has been said before, he owns numerous trucking companies, the Ambassador bridge, real estate companies, a car rental company, an insurance company, a pharmacy, a human resources company and a bank.

Simply put all they money he puts out in this trucking game comes back to him. All ct trucks and trailers are from gls lease co. He owns that too.

sent from my Crifftastic $3

ABF is self insured for worker's comp and and auto (truck) insurance. They may have an umbrella policy to cover catastrophes but I am not sure. I also think they are self insured for their non-union employees' health care but I am not sure about that one. Until Obamacare I was not aware that one had to have health insurance and could opt out if they wanted to. Not saying it's a good idea, just was not aware that they have to have it.

You would think it smells of collusion but I'm sure there is some small loop hole that he took advantage of.

Well, for guys like us, it prolly doesn't pay to get in a legal battle with that d-bag. lol
The real question for us is, can you support you and your family on the deal he's offering. I've already determined that. The other question you have to ask is "Do I trust him to keep his word and not change the deal". If you do your research on Central, you'll find your answer. I'm not on here to scare anyone... It's YOUR decision. I'm also not here to try to "hurt" Central by starting a mass exodus. Again- do your research on this company. They don't care. They will just hire more scrap drivers for lower wages. Desperate drivers... Or drivers that don't know what a good job looks like. I've been in the saddle for twenty-five years now. I've worked for good companies that let you make money if you could perform. I've also run for companies that paid you crap no matter how hard you ran. Rob said that Central "cares" about its drivers. Take a look. Their top rate is well below many other companies because they do not care about retaining good loyal drivers. They are quite satisfied with "almost average" drivers. That's what they pay for- and that's what they get. I'm not telling ANYONE to jump ship. I'm not even suggesting it. I'm saying be careful and make an informed decision. Careful what you sign. I've worked for d-bags just like this in the past, and their satisfaction was short lived. I'm not afraid to move on rather than be taken advantage of. Clean driving record? Good with paperwork? Well spoken? Clean shaven and don't smell like a dog house? -Then don't be afraid to look around. Most of you Detroit drivers are really good drivers. ...Some of the best I've ever worked with. You worked hard and it wasn't your fault your company tanked. It was management... And the irony is that they are the ones walking away with the cash. Hold your heads high Detroit drivers. -You have my respect.

The insurance isn't great, but I've seen much worse. Make sure you have a doc in network, which is the tough part if you're in a small end line (getting better ).

Set up an HSA to cover your deductible. There are 3 different plans with varying deductibles.

The dental is pretty good tbh. No short term disability at all.

Seriously, you are going to look more into this, ROFL. The company is set up as a separate corporation and everything is set up legally. Manny pays hundreds of thousands of dollars on lawyers every year to make sure what they do is above board. He may not be every persons favorite but he is no ones fool. As it has been said before, he owns numerous trucking companies, the Ambassador bridge, real estate companies, a car rental company, an insurance company, a pharmacy, a human resources company and a bank.
****ty trucking company's just back wooded, pork chops work there ! bankrupt yes bankrupt Ambassador bridge,real estate hahahah we all know about his insurance company,maybe his car rental is doing good who cares do you get it! its all about himself so go tell your uncle manny to **** himself!!!! ps tell him i said so thanks **** nuts.......i cannot believe people stick up for him 20/21 bucks a hour no OT Jesus ! get ****in lives

Last edited by a moderator: