Central Transport | Conflict of interest ?

LOL.... Yeah. It's awesome HE is so rich. (Meanwhile, he's paying you all wages below average for the industry and on top of that- dicking you on your overtime.) Well, at least you're not sitting home on welfare... I gotta give you Central guys props for that.

if central treats drivers well and cares for their drivers, why is their a higher turn over rate than other ltls. c.t. is good if you're just started driving or have blemishes on your abstract, but other than that it's below standard. the pay for being their 4 yrs is the same as most starting rates elsewhere. i bet 75% of vitran drivers won't be there by summertime.

CT will have the summertime blues....The best of the best will leave in time....Including me depending on what happens in Dallas.

I don't know about 75%, but I know a lot of guys are looking. I am. I've got my name out all over. I'm not going to jump at the first thing though, because I don't have to. I'll wait till I find "the" place. I've been with Vitran almost a decade. They treated me right, so I stayed and worked hard. I moved freight. I went the extra mile constantly- both for Vitran and the customer base. I simply won't do that for Central. And I can't believe they'd really expect me to. Give anyone a better than 10% pay cut, take away 3 sick/personal days, take 3 paid holidays, tell them their seniority means nothing, tell them to drive to Detroit (behind razor wire and 7,000 volts) where they will be perfectly safe (unless they get shot in the front parking lot).... And then ask them to give 100%. Nope. They are not paying for quality drivers, and (eventually) all the quality drivers will leave. ....Not that I'm suggesting it. ;-)

I don't know about 75%, but I know a lot of guys are looking. I am. I've got my name out all over. I'm not going to jump at the first thing though, because I don't have to. I'll wait till I find "the" place. I've been with Vitran almost a decade. They treated me right, so I stayed and worked hard. I moved freight. I went the extra mile constantly- both for Vitran and the customer base. I simply won't do that for Central. And I can't believe they'd really expect me to. Give anyone a better than 10% pay cut, take away 3 sick/personal days, take 3 paid holidays, tell them their seniority means nothing, tell them to drive to Detroit (behind razor wire and 7,000 volts) where they will be perfectly safe (unless they get shot in the front parking lot).... And then ask them to give 100%. Nope. They are not paying for quality drivers, and (eventually) all the quality drivers will leave. ....Not that I'm suggesting it. ;-)
I'm riding the winter out....I have an inside track on OD and SAIA if I choose to stay in the LTL business...I have no problem starting over at the bottom...Because quite honestly that's were I'm sitting right now unless we change direction. Fear of failure becomes fear of success for those who never try anything new....Many fear change. Don't let fear consume you about a job change. Look at the facts and do what's best for you and your family...Stand up for what you believe in.....Man up....and move on if that serves your family best.

Last edited by a moderator:
the train has many tracks to run on....
Yes I do my brother and so do you...Instead of getting mad at the world for the way it is. Let's accept it and do what we can to improve it. And sometimes that means a job change...Like I said, look at the facts and do what must be done for you and your family....Never let fear stand in your way.

at my terminal we don't have enough work for all the drivers we have and that's with their stupid way of doing business here. central actually has their act together better than we do, so stuff will be organized and hours will be less. no more dot to dot routes and cross counrty pickups. time to tighten the belt everyone, the checks will be smaller.

at my terminal we don't have enough work for all the drivers we have and that's with their stupid way of doing business here. central actually has their act together better than we do, so stuff will be organized and hours will be less. no more dot to dot routes and cross counrty pickups. time to tighten the belt everyone, the checks will be smaller.

Automatic routing, so hoping we will not have to drive in circles, move freight around in our trailer and be more productive.

Hey,if you have an inside at OD take advantage of it now.Two months ago,I had enough of Vitran and also had inside help at OD and rolled the dice. So far everything is great. Great place to work and the people are by far the best from mgrs. to drivers. They are all pro's and will help you anyway they can. It's like spending your whole career in the minor leagues and then getting the call to the majors. Everthing is better. I work about 15 hours less a week and make about $75 dollars more on the week; no stress and not as tired and beat down as I was at Vitran. If you want to make more money you can run a line haul trip if you want. Hey and get this they give raises.

Hey,if you have an inside at OD take advantage of it now.Two months ago,I had enough of Vitran and also had inside help at OD and rolled the dice. So far everything is great. Great place to work and the people are by far the best from mgrs. to drivers. They are all pro's and will help you anyway they can. It's like spending your whole career in the minor leagues and then getting the call to the majors. Everthing is better. I work about 15 hours less a week and make about $75 dollars more on the week; no stress and not as tired and beat down as I was at Vitran. If you want to make more money you can run a line haul trip if you want. Hey and get this they give raises.
It's going into the slow season and they have a history here in Texas of laying off. Same with SAIA so I'm going to ride it out through the winter and make a move in the spring if things are not acceptable. I must say I'm a bit curious to see if things are really as bad as people say.

****ty trucking company's just back wooded, , pork chops work there ! bankrupt yes bankrupt Ambassador bridge,real estate hahahah we all know about his insurance company,maybe his car rental is doing good who cares do you get it! its all about himself so go tell your uncle manny to **** himself!!!! ps tell him i said so thanks **** nuts.......i cannot believe people stick up for him 20/21 bucks a hour no OT Jesus ! get ****in lives

Did not check you out as far as posts go, I will now. I have laid rather low the past few weeks. Why are you so hateful my friend? You are also a blatant and obvious ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ which supports your ignorant posts over the past weeks. , "back wooded" and "pork chops" will not slide by Rusty. If I find out who you are, I will make damn sure you don't have a job here.

Train Man, get this guy booted from Truckingboards right now please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Train Man, get this guy booted from Truckingboards right now please?

If we booted everyone with differing opinions, there wouldn't be many people left and it would be really boring here. If you see a TB rule violation, report it and it will be dealt with. If you have a personal beef with another member, take it to private message. We don't tolerate much bickering and mud slinging in open forum.