TForce | Congradulations Not In Order

Mrs.Nightwalker

TB Lurker
Credits
First of all let me say, "now they have your union dues to pay for the nice envalope, paper, and ink they used to send this contract (that is quite not like the one on the Teamsters website). Oh, and lets not forget about the perdy cd.
also, I sure hope you guys that voted yes didn't ruin it for the guys who voted no.
And in my opinion it will end up some freindships will no longer be. A sad situation. This is going to be the longest 5 years anybody has ever seen. I wish everybody luck for that 5 years. Thank you.

WoW!!! Pretty sad, Sorry we ruined your day.
I guess you did not see the writing on the wall. You should take this up with UPS.

Sorry you feel that way. Losing friends is a personal chioce. You either treat one another with dignity and respect or not. Friends can disagree, even vehemently, and still have good relationships.

The evidence is quite obvious that many more supported and wanted this contract than not. Check the vote totals. Did you go to the vote? Maybe you need to honestly and objectively re-evaluate why so many of your fellow workers and friends support this and you do not.

This is a new beginning for all of us. Embracing change can be very difficult for many, The fact remains you either change or fade away. This change, long-term, is good for every employee of UPS and UPS FRT. It is also good for the average driver at every other LTL trucking company.

First of all let me say, "now they have your union dues to pay for the nice envalope, paper, and ink they used to send this contract (that is quite not like the one on the Teamsters website). Oh, and lets not forget about the perdy cd.
also, I sure hope you guys that voted yes didn't ruin it for the guys who voted no.
And in my opinion it will end up some freindships will no longer be. A sad situation. This is going to be the longest 5 years anybody has ever seen. I wish everybody luck for that 5 years. Thank you.

I heard PJAX was hiring in Chicago! Just saying:hide:

We are entitled to our own opinions and I value yours, however you will probably not know who voted YES or NO unless they flat out tell you. You could possibly still be friends with a YES'er and not know it.
You are now a Teamster. :1036316054:

It's over and done with in most Locals, if we can't band together or continue to be friends than who needs them.

I'm gearing up for my first 5 years and already looking forward for the next round of negotiations, when we have been established, have the strength in numbers and are in-line with the expiration with Brown.

I see numerous friendships being formed on this board. And I am sure the phenomena we are witnessing here will spill over on the shop floor...it's called a brotherhood, however, sisters are welcome too. The thing I like most about union people is we agree to disagree.

:beerchug:

We are entitled to our own opinions and I value yours, however you will probably not know who voted YES or NO unless they flat out tell you. You could possibly still be friends with a YES'er and not know it.
You are now a Teamster. :1036316054:

It's over and done with in most Locals, if we can't band together or continue to be friends than who needs them.

I'm gearing up for my first 5 years and already looking forward for the next round of negotiations, when we have been established, have the strength in numbers and are in-line with the expiration with Brown.
You said it Dock, you are now Teamsters and can "negotiate" the NEXT contract..I have been trying to explain this in my posts. Welcome to the brotherhood!:1036316054:

By the way it's CONGRATULATION with a "T" not a "D", and in this case the "T" stands for Teamsters! UNION YES AND IT"S A DONE DEAL!!

And in my opinion it will end up some friendships will no longer be.
We went to a meeting at our local a few weeks back and those that went felt it might not be a bad idea being Teamsters, but there were several of us that wanted to see what was going to happen at the other terminals first before jumping off the diving board into the deep end. We don't scare easy. We didn't have a majority to begin with, even with the ones holding out for more evidence, but a few of the ones that were absolutely determined to drive union membership home have gotten rather nasty with those of us waiting and watching and a couple of friendships have definitely been ruined because of it. With the bad attitudes and the bad blood created by all of this, we don't stand a chance anytime soon of becoming Teamsters simply because a couple of people had to run their mouths. We had a couple of guys that were on the fence that wouldn't vote for organization now if a gun was held to their heads. Nice work environment.

Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

Mrs.Nightwalker is a Mom/Housewife, has never suffered at the hands of a company management team like most of us have.

You are definitely entitled to your own opinion Mrs., but personally my opinion is that you stepped into a pile with your post. Even tho I once thought like you do, I overcame my illness, became enlightened, and I must say, once your eyes are opened, you never step back into the darkness ever again.

The only bad thing to come out of this is that the ones who just said "NO!" still will get the same bennies gained by those who staked it all and just said "YES!!" - but then, what the heck, huh?

These will NOT be a long five years at all, they will be spent planning for the years after that when the tide turns again.

Here's looking at you UPSF!! Way to go!!

Darkstar

Roflmao!!

Let's hope you're right....otherwise we see that somebody skipped school too many times.

.... I am waiting.... who is going to be the first to say she's a transplant from Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama?? :hysterical:

Darkstar :smilie_132:

:butt kiss: congrats its nice to know some companies have drivers that have a nutsack! :1036316054:

We went to a meeting at our local a few weeks back and those that went felt it might not be a bad idea being Teamsters, but there were several of us that wanted to see what was going to happen at the other terminals first before jumping off the diving board into the deep end. We don't scare easy. We didn't have a majority to begin with, even with the ones holding out for more evidence, but a few of the ones that were absolutely determined to drive union membership home have gotten rather nasty with those of us waiting and watching and a couple of friendships have definitely been ruined because of it. With the bad attitudes and the bad blood created by all of this, we don't stand a chance anytime soon of becoming Teamsters simply because a couple of people had to run their mouths. We had a couple of guys that were on the fence that wouldn't vote for organization now if a gun was held to their heads. Nice work environment.

Good luck Tree, looks like your now a proud Teamster, like me. Embrace it and enjoy. Encourage your brothers to do the same. Ps. Being a Teamster doesnt mean you always agree with everything thats done but it does mean you have a voice!:1036316054:

HELLO!!!, I'm not Nightwalker, I'm Mrs. Nightwalker so don't get on me about this. I'm just stating my opinion. Isn't that what this site is all about? Opinions and posting. Some of you guys don't even read who's posting before your answer. Wonder if you guys read the contract good if you don't know who posted the thread.Let one of you guys that voted yea lose your job. Then see if the union will get your job back. Don't think so. HA HA HA!!!!

HELLO!!!, I'm not Nightwalker, I'm Mrs. Nightwalker so don't get on me about this. I'm just stating my opinion. Isn't that what this site is all about? Opinions and posting. Some of you guys don't even read who's posting before your answer. Wonder if you guys read the contract good if you don't know who posted the thread.Let one of you guys that voted yea lose your job. Then see if the union will get your job back. Don't think so. HA HA HA!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::hysterical::hysterical: can tell you are a MRS. dont have a clue do ya???? We all know who posted!