TForce | Congradulations Not In Order

:biglaugh::biglaugh::hysterical::hysterical: can tell you are a MRS. dont have a clue do ya???? We all know who posted!

Oh yes, I have a clue.And I don't care if you know who I am. Let me ask you this....no clue? Has anybody realized the teamsters already lied to you? As far as the health ins. goes. There are 3 different plans. Check out the one you got from the hall and the one on the teamsters website, and there's another one out there also.

.... and I have not seen one person refer to you as other than "Mrs. Nightwalker" ... I met Nightwalker (if he is who I am thinking of) one night while I was fighting for "O" - I know he was anti-union. I take it by your postings that has not changed.

Your, my opinion - everyone has one. And, believe me, I have fretting over this post quite a while to not get a head slap from the mods or Jeff. Why not just give it a break - The Teamsters are here, The Teamsters are here, the workers of UPSF opened the door wide, and try not to get hit in the arse on YOUR way out. :grinning-smiley-021 You definitely have crashed and burned, are only here to try and cause the differences you are so worried about. May you get well soon! :1036316054:

Darkstar :smilie_132:

No, I was born and raised in Illinois. Thank you very much.

I know it's water under the bridge, but I still can moan and groan about it. It's called freedom of speech. And it looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue with some of the postings on here. Oh, and the ins. that's different are the teamsters website, the one you recieved at the door, and the one in the contract you recieved in the mail. And some of you guys are nasty to women It looks like. All the sarcastic remarks.

I know it's water under the bridge, but I still can moan and groan about it. It's called freedom of speech. And it looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue with some of the postings on here. Oh, and the ins. that's different are the teamsters website, the one you recieved at the door, and the one in the contract you recieved in the mail. And some of you guys are nasty to women It looks like. All the sarcastic remarks.

No, I think you opened a can of worms with your first very anti sarcastic post. But, at any rate. Its here, Its what UPS had planned. We must except it and move on. No, Its not the greastest contract. Its fair. I am thankfull for that. With out the contract we would continue to see much more taken away by big brown. :smilie_132:

:console::console:<---Teamster Hug!! welcome aboard, and for the record I love women!!:1036316054:

We had over 100 guys that didn't show up. These are the guys that complain the most at my terminal. Go figure.
Unfortunately this won't change much. Way too many people won't ever lift a finger to help the cause but will complain 24/7 even though they more than likely didn't even read the contract and wouldn't spend the time or effort to go to the Hall and see what it was all about or vote one way or the other. I really admire those who did put forth the effort to do all of these things as you are the ones who are really helping to preserve the middle class of America, which the Unions basically created. The road to Unionism has been an uphill climb and has taken a long time for you guys but I know in time most, if not all of you, will see that the struggle has been worth it. Welcome, one and all, to the Teamsters. You're gonna be glad you made the trip.

Unfortunately this won't change much. Way too many people won't ever lift a finger to help the cause but will complain 24/7 even though they more than likely didn't even read the contract and wouldn't spend the time or effort to go to the Hall and see what it was all about or vote one way or the other. I really admire those who did put forth the effort to do all of these things as you are the ones who are really helping to preserve the middle class of America, which the Unions basically created. The road to Unionism has been an uphill climb and has taken a long time for you guys but I know in time most, if not all of you, will see that the struggle has been worth it. Welcome, one and all, to the Teamsters. You're gonna be glad you made the trip.
You got it STLDUDE!!:1036316054: I actually had a driver comment to me last week that he thought the utility employees were non-union! HUH! Hard to believe that someone like that actually has a vote that counts anywhere. To you upsf'ers congrats and like the DUDE said, stay involved, Good things are to come.:funky:

How is this any worse then what we had with no union. Just wondering. Now we are guarenteed better raises than we have ever seen. Medical costs won't go up for 5 years. 5 YEARS!!!

We have guys on the parcel side who have been dues paying Teamsters for many years and still don't understand the principals of union representation and how it benefits them. They are the first to complain about an issue and make a big stink about it but will not access their shop steward to try and work out the problem; rather they complain about how the &quot;Union&quot; should take care of all the problems before they happen..............
Like we are a bunch of mindreaders...:biglaugh:

To all of the naysayers here, please give the process a chance to work before you tear it apart. You are dissing a process that is new to the operation and yes there will be problems but it will work for your best interests if you give it a chance!!:1036316054:

Sad outlook...

First of all let me say, &quot;now they have your union dues to pay for the nice envalope, paper, and ink they used to send this contract (that is quite not like the one on the Teamsters website). Oh, and lets not forget about the perdy cd.
also, I sure hope you guys that voted yes didn't ruin it for the guys who voted no.
And in my opinion it will end up some freindships will no longer be. A sad situation. This is going to be the longest 5 years anybody has ever seen. I wish everybody luck for that 5 years. Thank you.

Mrs.Nightwalker,

I feel that you are really taking a pessimistic view of this situation.

How much did Overnite spend fighting the union the last time. They could have avoided it all with overtime and good medical benefits but again stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime.
It is not Overnite any more and I talked to many UPS employees when they took us over.
Not disgruntled employees, but people thankful for their jobs, but people who time and time again -warned- me about the UPS corporate culture in dealing with hourly and mileage employees.
Write-ups, following trucks, recording movements on runs, time-motion studies,and pressure,pressure pressure.
Our trailers used to have &quot;our people make the difference&quot; now they are empty.Why? Because we are now tools,like pallet jacks, to use and discard when not useable or efficient enough.
Yes, a dark view of the situation,but I'll have at least a support system in the union to stand with me in the face of management and corporate policies, written or not...

We can curl up in a ball and pretend things are still the old days,or we can be proactive in protecting our rights and get everything in writing concerning our jobs.
People say that in 5 years we'll lose our pensions. Even without the union,UPS could take it away at any time,siting costs etc. for the reason,and not care a bit about how we felt.
We've been dealt this hand and now we must play it. So, go to work,do your job and punch out at the end of the day.
That's all we can do.
Good Luck To Us All.

First of all let me say, &quot;now they have your union dues to pay for the nice envalope, paper, and ink they used to send this contract (that is quite not like the one on the Teamsters website). Oh, and lets not forget about the perdy cd.
also, I sure hope you guys that voted yes didn't ruin it for the guys who voted no.
And in my opinion it will end up some freindships will no longer be. A sad situation. This is going to be the longest 5 years anybody has ever seen. I wish everybody luck for that 5 years. Thank you.

I am anticipating a deeply religeous experience.:hysterical:

"Perdy" is as "Perdy" does .......

Mrs.Nightwalker,

I feel that you are really taking a pessimistic view of this situation.

How much did Overnite spend fighting the union the last time. They could have avoided it all with overtime and good medical benefits but again stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime.
It is not Overnite any more and I talked to many UPS employees when they took us over.
Not disgruntled employees, but people thankful for their jobs, but people who time and time again -warned- me about the UPS corporate culture in dealing with hourly and mileage employees.
Write-ups, following trucks, recording movements on runs, time-motion studies,and pressure,pressure pressure.
Our trailers used to have &quot;our people make the difference&quot; now they are empty.Why? Because we are now tools,like pallet jacks, to use and discard when not useable or efficient enough.
Yes, a dark view of the situation,but I'll have at least a support system in the union to stand with me in the face of management and corporate policies, written or not...

We can curl up in a ball and pretend things are still the old days,or we can be proactive in protecting our rights and get everything in writing concerning our jobs.
People say that in 5 years we'll lose our pensions. Even without the union,UPS could take it away at any time,siting costs etc. for the reason,and not care a bit about how we felt.
We've been dealt this hand and now we must play it. So, go to work,do your job and punch out at the end of the day.
That's all we can do.
Good Luck To Us All.

I remember something that popped up when the deal was cut to sell &quot;O&quot; to Union Pacific. Union Pacific was all set to &quot;borrow&quot; the pension, investing it back into &quot;O&quot;. I spoke to a Memphis road driver who spent a lot of time with the big wigs of &quot;O&quot;, knew Mr C. quite well.

When I asked if our pension was going to be raided, this driver laughed and said he had heard Mr. C. say before that he had even done it up so tight that even he could not touch a dime of it. He did it on purpose, he knew exactly what he was doing. And, this road driver also told me Union Pacific was really steaming when they found out they had bought &quot;O&quot; and could not even breath on the pension, let alone touch one dime of it. Never happened, did it?

I have heard the same talk for the past 20 years, and if Union Pacific with all their sticky fingers could not find a crack in the pension that allowed them to &quot;borrow&quot; it, then I believe it cannot be done.

The intent of the first post in this thread was to stir up trouble where none existed, and worry about our pension is always guaranteed to bring out the worst in us. Everyone can settle down, dig in, work together, get on with life or stay divided and fall flat on their collective arses. Many do not like that the union is almost in every terminal, but when these 5 years are past, those same &quot;many&quot; will wonder what the heck they were thinking when they held out for so long against the union.

Mrs. Nightwalker is NOT a UPSF employee, a former employee, or a future employee - and I seriously doubt Nightwalker appreciates her being here digging. I certainly would not want my spouse on here talking crap, crap that could fly back into MY face.

I think I &quot;perdy&quot; well said what I signed in to say - so here's looking at you. :biglaugh: :smilie_132:

Darkstar