SAIA | congrats to management..

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
..for not having us in linehaul run new year's eve. it would have been almost pointless anyway, and now we can spend time with our friends and families without having to wonder if the phone is gonna ring telling us to come in. i will have to work a couple of hours on the dock anyway though..being the bottom man on the linehaul depth chart..

I did my run on Saturday. Boy, oh boy was that fun. Everybody that could cram somebody or something in a car was on the road. Otherwise, it was business as usual and volunteers had snatched up any other extra runs. If, as one driver told me, no one is home he might as well be working.

Anyway, the regular shift for the dock will start after midnite on the day following Christmas so nothing really changes except business will probably be lighter the few days between Christmas and New Years Day.

No runs scheduled

Looks definite that no one will be called Mon. nite. Saw the memo from corporate. Looks like if you missed the volunteer list, you get to stay home and off the street.

6 city drivers are on call, but the tm thinks only 2 will work. no deliveries, just pickups at our large accounts. the frieght they do pickup will be consolidated onto one or 2 trailers and bolt sealed to be broken wed. night.