XPO | Congratulations! ! You can thank Laredo!

I agree with both of you, but for me its all about service, service to my local and service to my fellow workers.

Unfortunately it may be short lived due to my distaste for Sysco and their 60 hr plus work weeks.
As long as it doesn't affect your health keeping on banking GT....Get it while you can....The key is knowing when its time to walk away....Don't work yourself it an early grave. We love you too much.

Holy cow!!!! I just got named shop steward, I don't want to go to hell! Really I don't!

All I want to do is represent my guys. Geezz, who knew I was setting myself up for torture in the afterlife by being a union member?

I really am at a loss for words, the post I quoted was quite possibly the dumbest I have ever read on these boards. :(
Its a thankless job. Part lawyer, part referee, part babysitter.

Its a thankless job. Part lawyer, part referee, part babysitter.

I agree, my former Steward Eldon, the man that handed me the keys to this train wreck said the same thing, for the record, I have thanked Eldon time and time again for his service, and for the many things he has done for myself and my fellow workers, Eldon is a great man and I couldn't wear his shoes to walk across the street, but I learned alot from him.

I agree, my former Steward Eldon, the man that handed me the keys to this train wreck said the same thing, for the record, I have thanked Eldon time and time again for his service, and for the many things he has done for myself and my fellow workers, Eldon is a great man and I couldn't wear his shoes to walk across the street, but I learned alot from him.
Just like we both have learned from the best...Guardrail

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a true statement, I learned how to mod from him, I'll never be as good or effective, but I learned alot.
No one is as good as the G man.........You can only look at him in the Mod forum and be in awe at his skills....A diplomatic liaison that bridges the gap between reason and just plain stupidity...Like the dreaded drone....Step out of line and you take a hit and you never even see it coming...That's pretty much Guardrail.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are you GT, everyone is not you.. If you get my drift... Keep your level head, and don't let anyone dominate you... Tell them to never, ever lie to you and tell them if they do, seek help elsewhere..... You'll do fine my friend... I can remember a while back when you were in worse shape than this, and you got through with help.. Always know, you got my PM and I got your back.... If I don't know the answer, then we'll find someone who does... Good luck my friend and PEACE...

You are you GT, everyone is not you.. If you get my drift... Keep your level head, and don't let anyone dominate you... Tell them to never, ever lie to you and tell them if they do, seek help elsewhere..... You'll do fine my friend... I can remember a while back when you were in worse shape than this, and you got through with help.. Always know, you got my PM and I got your back.... If I don't know the answer, then we'll find someone who does... Good luck my friend and PEACE...

Thank you my Friend! I appreciate that more than you will ever know!