FedEx Freight | Congress Passed Pension Cuts

Any government work taken from a union worker and given to nonunion workers is a loss to me. Possibly th8sss was given to union pilots but I dont know.
Fred is the winner.
Bush was president.

Your link never mentioned any help from Bush.
The Postal Service agree to the deal and the US Court of Federal Claims upheld the deal.
FedEx was expected to make $7B, the USPS said the deal would save them (taxpayers) $1B....I'd say its a win, win for everybody...including yourself!

We have obtained and retained the quality employees we desire. Our benefit package is ZERO. No paid vacation, no paid sick days, no paid holidays, no company provided health insurance, no company funded retirement plan of any sort. What we do provide are wages. Wages that are 74% higher than our competitors. In a lower paying job that difference isn't enough to cover those other things. Paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays probably make about 10-20% of just about everybody's wages. That leaves 54-64% to cover your health insurance and retirement. If you saved 25% of your pay for retirement and put another 20% towards health insurance you are 10-20% higher paid here vs. there. If your spouses' employer provided insurance for the family you could be up 30-40%.
I suspect you have a very low turnover rate. Sounds like reasonably smart people could do quite well, working with you... :1036316054:

The total compensation goes straight into the paycheck? Isn't there a lesser "bang for the buck", for the company, by not running some compensation through a benefit of some sort, gaining the tax advantage?

Any government work taken from a union worker and given to nonunion workers is a loss to me. Possibly th8sss was given to union pilots but I dont know.
Fred is the winner.
Bush was president.
The bottom line is the non-union company can obviously do the job more efficiently while saving the taxpayers $1Billion.
Again, it's a win, win for EVERYBODY, including yourself!

We have obtained and retained the quality employees we desire. Our benefit package is ZERO. No paid vacation, no paid sick days, no paid holidays, no company provided health insurance, no company funded retirement plan of any sort. What we do provide are wages. Wages that are 74% higher than our competitors. In a lower paying job that difference isn't enough to cover those other things. Paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays probably make about 10-20% of just about everybody's wages. That leaves 54-64% to cover your health insurance and retirement. If you saved 25% of your pay for retirement and put another 20% towards health insurance you are 10-20% higher paid here vs. there. If your spouses' employer provided insurance for the family you could be up 30-40%.
The problem with your last sentence is that most union companies, including UPS, charges a fee for employees who want to cover their spouses if those spouses have insurance available to them through their own employer.
My wife works for a union company, since I have insurance available to me through FedEx if I chose to go with her insurance, they'd charge us a fee of $100 a month/$1,200 a year on top of her existing cost!!!
Fortunately for us, my crappy insurance is better than hers.

The problem with your last sentence is that most union companies, including UPS, charges a fee for employees who want to cover their spouses if those spouses have insurance available to them through their own employer.
My wife works for a union company, since I have insurance available to me through FedEx if I chose to go with her insurance, they'd charge us a fee of $100 a month/$1,200 a year on top of her existing cost!!!
There is no fee for my spouse to be on my union health insurance.

Oh boy. Another who says his wife does fine for herself weeks ago. So Fedex is a second income AND tries convincing his coworkers to work nonunion.
Somebody "got his" again in the Fedex organizing drive
.... Harrisburg has lowlifes who got Teamster ensions who wreck it for their coworkers. JD is here with his own job and Joe Brock will collect Teamster pension. Who else?????

Purple Hammer?
Citydog?
Fess up. Whats your story.

I scratch my head wondering why pekple take the side of this nonsense anf if Americans even have a conscience anyore......like some kind of science fiction nightmare world where NOTHING makes sense anymore.

Oh boy. Another who says his wife does fine for herself weeks ago. So Fedex is a second income AND tries convincing his coworkers to work nonunion.
Somebody "got his" again in the Fedex organizing drive
.... Harrisburg has lowlifes who got Teamster ensions who wreck it for their coworkers. JD is here with his own job and Joe Brock will collect Teamster pension. Who else?????

Purple Hammer?
Citydog?
Fess up. Whats your story.

I scratch my head wondering why pekple take the side of this nonsense anf if Americans even have a conscience anyore......like some kind of science fiction nightmare world where NOTHING makes sense anymore.
Ive never denied that my wife works for a union company...just another one of the many reasons why I'd NEVER vote yes!
I've seen first hand what her company has done to her and her associates....what's left of them!
She left the union years ago....which probably helped her move into management to where she has climbed that ladder to upper management on pure merit, had nothing to do with seniority!
And yes, she does quite well for herself with NO help from the union!

FedEx isn't a second income, it's my income...although she makes almost as much as I do...more when you factor in her bonuses.

No fee for my spouse.

Does the management at your spouses employer have the same insurance as the labor?

The REAL bottom line is it's a losing situation for the country because union workers can make a difference keeping jobs here.
Nonunion workers contribute to weakening defenses to keep jobs here. And to lowering standards across the board.
I already posted about American manufacturing losses endangering our defense.
Nonunion workers have an imaginary conception that IF you do everything business wants you will be so
ehow secure and rewarded.......that is a MYTH.
They only do what thdyre forced gtto do.....THAT is the fact.....and when they happen to do a bit more you must watch them from the corner of yyour eye because theyre probablly doung it to get more from you in one way or another.....thats capitalism.

The bottom line is the non-union company can obviously do the job more efficiently while saving the taxpayers $1Billion.
Again, it's a win, win for EVERYBODY, including yourself!

The REAL bottom line is it's a losing situation for the country because union workers can make a difference keeping jobs here.
Nonunion workers contribute to weakening defenses to keep jobs here. And to lowering standards across the board.
I already posted about American manufacturing losses endangering our defense.
Nonunion workers have an imaginary conception that IF you do everything business wants you will be so
ehow secure and rewarded.......that is a MYTH.
They only do what thdyre forced gtto do.....THAT is the fact.....and when they happen to do a bit more you must watch them from the corner of yyour eye because theyre probablly doung it to get more from you in one way or another.....thats capitalism.
Just how do union employees make a difference in keep jobs here?
Do you know how many union auto plants or how many union manufacturing jobs have been shut down and either shipped abroad or kept here in the states but have relocated to more labor friendly Right to Work states?
Union labor forces hold companies hostage in exchange for higher labor cost which eventually lead to the above outcomes or the closing of the doors altogether.
Non-union labor forces realize that the longevity of employment is more important than a few dollars.
And please don't play the "they can fire you for anything" card, companies don't fire anybody, people fire themselves!

Depends on the level of management. My wife is upper management so hers is better than the labor's.

Yeah, that's probably why ya have a $1200 fee too. Let's try to be honest just a little. I know it's sometimes hard when talking business for some. Honesty doesnt always bring big fast rewards. It's all about now.

I have no extra fees for my wife or 3 children.

I pay $52 dues.
The union contract covers the insurance.
Does your "crappy" insurance really beat that?

Thats all a bunch of bullshit Red.
You can paint as many braiwashing right wing antiunion crud ya want.
Favoring the companies and letting the companies do whatever they want has made more welfare and left more jobs leave here than one friggin speck of good its done for this damned country at all.
I just read a stkry about a town in Maftinsville or burg VA who lost tons of jobs to China.
Tax breaks and reduced regs WILL NOT keep them here. That town and tons more are nonunion. They leave them too.
FIRST they weakened the defenses by running to RTW states...but they aint done then eigher...GThey aint done till we live like the lowest place on earth they can go tok.
You can kiss their butt and give them EVERYTHING they want and they still come back for more.
Ya know what I'd give them?

I'd give them a big FAT tarrif to ship their stuff back to my country or state if they left. THAT is give and take....YOU let them just take.
THATS why they come and thats why they go.

You want our market?
You stay or pay to ship it back.

IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU GUYS NOT JOINING UNIONS!!!
YA LET THEM WALK ON YOU AND THEN THEY WALK ON THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!!

Do you know how many union auto plants or how many union manufacturing jobs have been shut down and either shipped abroad or kept here in the states but have relocated to more labor friendly Right to Work states?
Union labor forces hold companies hostage in exchange for higher labor cost which eventually lead to the above outcomes or the closing of the doors altogether.
Non-union labor forces realize that the longevity of employment is more important than a few dollars.
And please don't play the "they can fire you for anything" card, companies don't fire anybody, people fire themselves!

Thats another line of hogwash and ya know it.
Firing at will because you can happens. And it happens very easily anywhere there is no contract.

You're arguments worked thru the 90's. They've run there course. They're done.
Companies have now left EVERY kind of place, union or non, high tax or tax free business, buildings or property ...Its never enough. I just had a friend lose his nonunion machinist job to the Korean trade deal. Emphasis on NONUNION. Nobody but unions fight for them jobs....If you're business friendly just bend over and prepare your goodbye speech before they even get INTO town. Cause they're just there to take what they can. Just stopping by because it wont be ling till they're at the part of the long term plan to leave.
That machine shop was full of business friendly guys.

Do you know where Winsboro is Red?

Ya know why Mack Trucks Inc. is still in Macungie and Hagerstown?
Our guys followed there ass and had things in their contract which wouldn't LET them runnaway like whores.
The ONLY reason MACK is still here is because the brains and stubbornness of these union guys.....Thats a whole lotta jobs for PA &MD.

the jobs didnt go to the RTW states, the jobs went rolling right thru those "free market utopia's", RIGHT ON DOWN TO MEXICO!!! i love it when some anti union guy starts touting these "industries" that have left the rust belt, and went to an anti union state.

I doubt every plant in the south could put out what Flint, Bay City, and Saginaw still do.