FedEx Freight | Congress Passed Pension Cuts

So answer me this what makes you think you are entitled to a pension. Also how long have you worked here, let me guess 11 months.
It's not about being entitled, so much as promises being kept. If we were still the top compensated non-union LTL, most of these comparisons would never have taken place.

We were once top pay, no cost insurance, higher 401k contribution etc, .making planing for one's own retirement well within reason. Slowly gains were reduced, systematically. Insurance cost increased, then coverage reduced. One year raises were reduces (we were told), in order to add insurance for part time workers. One year the raise was reduced, but offset with the PROMISE of quarterly bonuses, if goals were met. That promise was quietly rescinded.

The point of all this is that relative compensation has declined since the FedEx acquisition. That compensation is over due to come back up. There is some debate over what areas of compensation, those gains should come to. Some don't care as much about wages, and would prefer better insurance and/or retirement security. Others want higher hourly pay, so they can fund their own retirement. Many would like some combination of all of the above. Most agree that gains are overdue. Where these gains come, is more the question. These are topics worthy of debate, don't you think?

It's not about being entitled, so much as promises being kept. If we were still the top compensated non-union LTL, most of these comparisons would never have taken place.

We were once top pay, no cost insurance, higher 401k contribution etc, .making planing for one's own retirement well within reason. Slowly gains were reduced, systematically. Insurance cost increased, then coverage reduced. One year raises were reduces (we were told), in order to add insurance for part time workers. One year the raise was reduced, but offset with the PROMISE of quarterly bonuses, if goals were met. That promise was quietly rescinded.

The point of all this is that relative compensation has declined since the FedEx acquisition. That compensation is over due to come back up. There is some debate over what areas of compensation, those gains should come to. Some don't care as much about wages, and would prefer better insurance and/or retirement security. Others want higher hourly pay, so they can fund their own retirement. Many would like some combination of all of the above. Most agree that gains are overdue. Where these gains come, is more the question. These are topics worthy of debate, don't you think?
Many of the former carriers who were once at the top have gone out of business or become severely crippled by going too far with the compensations you mention. In the meanwhile Fedex has become the number one carrier, and can sustain our position by not being crippled by a union bent on more, more , more. I notice you use the word "balance" a lot. An imbalance is created over the long haul when unions constantly seek more. Wouldn't you rather Fedex be there for the long term as opposed to being like CF?Or being on life support like YRC, ABF, and Holland.

Many of the former carriers who were once at the top have gone out of business or become severely crippled by going too far with the compensations you mention. In the meanwhile Fedex has become the number one carrier, and can sustain our position by not being crippled by a union bent on more, more , more. I notice you use the word "balance" a lot. An imbalance is created over the long haul when unions constantly seek more. Wouldn't you rather Fedex be there for the long term as opposed to being like CF?Or being on life support like YRC, ABF, and Holland.
AF (now fedex) used to be top shelf, across the board. They kept the threat of unionization at bay.

The balance that is needed today, has to do with shared benefit. Reducing driver costs benefits the company financial bottom line, to a point. Also productivity increases benefit the compant bottom line. There comes a point where the drivers' financial bottom line needs addressed. We've done our part to assist in efficiency gains, and continue to. Shared sacrifice should equal shared gains, at some point.

One of the big selling points from the teamsters is a solid pension. As this article points out, a pension isn't as solid as believed.

Guardrail
What pension fund are you referring too.,we have many different regions, and some locals have there own

Show me proof that these things will happen if they are not agreed upon in negotiations you will gets nothing.

This thread is not about collective bargaining. It's about multi-employer pensions which has nothing to do with Fed Ex Freight and never will.

Nobody is "entitled" it's the right thing to do, take care of the employees that helped make those record profits. Its as simple as that.

I believe that the employees should be taken care of but "It's the right thing to do"? That's almost as bad as "do it for the children". A sympathy plea.

So to you, its not enough that the company pays you the amount that the two of you agreed upon when you were hired. The first sign of profit for the company you should get more. More pay, free insurance, free pension etc.

Have you ever ran a business? Do you really know what cost are associated with running a company?

Warren Buffet said it best when he said "If you want to make a million dollars, be prepared to spend at least 10 million". With that being said what have you invested other than the hours of work you have already been compensated for?

It is as simple as that.

I believe that the employees should be taken care of but "It's the right thing to do"? That's almost as bad as "do it for the children". A sympathy plea.

So to you, its not enough that the company pays you the amount that the two of you agreed upon when you were hired. The first sign of profit for the company you should get more. More pay, free insurance, free pension etc.

Have you ever ran a business? Do you really know what cost are associated with running a company?

Warren Buffet said it best when he said "If you want to make a million dollars, be prepared to spend at least 10 million". With that being said what have you invested other than the hours of work you have already been compensated for?

It is as simple as that.

First its all the democrats falt and then you are quoting one anybody else see the irony in this. A sympathy plea give me a break. It boils down to a greedy corporation not wanting to take care of their employees. But i guarantee this, if they don't change things with our benefit package they will have trouble getting and keeping drivers.

Nobody is "entitled" it's the right thing to do, take care of the employees that helped make those record profits. Its as simple as that.
Also the "smart" thing to do, in order to maintain the same enthusiasm (among employees), that helped secure that market position. You also must attract new recruits. If you want/need the highest caliber of employee, you must offer some incentive above the competition. Equal to, at minimum.

ABF is doing just fine and please don't try to pass it off that the unions are the demise of YRC and Holland when in fact the whole problem with YRC W/W comes down to crappy management NOT THE UNION OR EMPLOYEES BUT MANAGEMENT Yellow, Roadway, Holland and New Penn were very strong companies till Bill Zollares started to spend way too much money on things he couldn't afford . If Dollar Bill comes to fed x or any other big non company he'll do the same to you as well . I have yet to see it that the right wing bunch here on T/B never give blame to where it belongs , management .

First its all the democrats falt and then you are quoting one anybody else see the irony in this. A sympathy plea give me a break. It boils down to a greedy corporation not wanting to take care of their employees. But i guarantee this, if they don't change things with our benefit package they will have trouble getting and keeping drivers.

Your inability to answer those simple questions says a lot. While ranting and raving about what you "deserve", turns out you have never ran a business and have no idea the cost associated with running a business. Go figure, as long as you get yours.

The question as to "what have you provided other than the hours of work that you have already been compensated for" was a retorhicle one. I absolutely new the answer before I ask the question.

As for quoting a Democrat, many people have said the same thing. As I stated before Warren Buffet said it best. That kept it simple for ya.

Last edited:
ABF is doing just fine and please don't try to pass it off that the unions are the demise of YRC and Holland when in fact the whole problem with YRC W/W comes down to crappy management NOT THE UNION OR EMPLOYEES BUT MANAGEMENT Yellow, Roadway, Holland and New Penn were very strong companies till Bill Zollares started to spend way too much money on things he couldn't afford . If Dollar Bill comes to fed x or any other big non company he'll do the same to you as well . I have yet to see it that the right wing bunch here on T/B never give blame to where it belongs , management .
Is ABF doing fine? Have they given back your pay cuts yet? Always bad management is cited when union companies decline, it's never the unions fault. Fedex doesn't want the union or Mr. Zollars. We would prefer to stay profitable.

Is ABF doing fine? Have they given back your pay cuts yet? Always bad management is cited when union companies decline, it's never the unions fault. Fedex doesn't want the union or Mr. Zollars. We would prefer to stay profitable.
Contract negotiations not givebacks....fed ex 1 carrier because of the huge discounts only to make a penny or two on a dollar. I t will catch up with them in time....

Contract negotiations not givebacks....fed ex 1 carrier because of the huge discounts only to make a penny or two on a dollar. I t will catch up with them in time....
You can call it whatever you want brother it's still a pay cut. Fedex freight made better than ten percent profit on our last earnings statement. We aren't going anywhere.

You can call it whatever you want brother it's still a pay cut. Fedex freight made better than ten percent profit on our last earnings statement. We aren't going anywhere.
Dident say they were going anywhere, I'm saying they have to impress the shareholders. Without that heads will roll just as in sure more heads will roll over the union push. As far as my pay cut its still better then what fedex is offering if you include my health & pension ....