FedEx Freight | Congress Passed Pension Cuts

Dident say they were going anywhere, I'm saying they have to impress the shareholders. Without that heads will roll just as in sure more heads will roll over the union push. As far as my pay cut its still better then what fedex is offering if you include my health & pension ....
All of this due to predatory pricing to kill off YRC. Most everyone suffered that labor. It got pretty ugly for awhile. We Teamster's spoke and helped the cause for our companies. No denying that! Ain't it funny how those riding the pinnacle didn't take a beating as bad as the workers? It never changes. The first at the trough and the last to leave.

Is ABF doing fine? Have they given back your pay cuts yet? Always bad management is cited when union companies decline, it's never the unions fault. Fedex doesn't want the union or Mr. Zollars. We would prefer to stay profitable.
Yeah ABF is doing fine but as give backs go maybe ya should ask ABF management why they play games . UPS is a huge Teamster company . Are you implying that they are in a decline mode ? Fred Smith may hope so but he can keep hoping .

Yeah ABF is doing fine but as give backs go maybe ya should ask ABF management why they play games . UPS is a huge Teamster company . Are you implying that they are in a decline mode ? Fred Smith may hope so but he can keep hoping .
UPS Freight is still an untested commodity. Let's give them a few years to see if they can be a profitable Union LTL Carrier. I think there chances are good since UPS has the reputation of running the tightest ship in the industry. Bottom line, it comes down to a great management team. TP

Back to the topic of the thread, Pension Cuts. Just when I got fat and happy, Congress finally decides to do something, Pension Reform. I'm sure this doesn't effect their pension Plan. If there are any changes to my FXF pension, I'll let you know. TP

Back to the topic of the thread, Pension Cuts. Just when I got fat and happy, Congress finally decides to do something, Pension Reform. I'm sure this doesn't effect their pension Plan. If there are any changes to my FXF pension, I'll let you know. TP
Thanks for your great insight great old retired one. Nice to to see you posting on the boards again.

Your inability to answer those simple questions says a lot. While ranting and raving about what you "deserve", turns out you have never ran a business and have no idea the cost associated with running a business. Go figure, as long as you get yours.

The question as to "what have you provided other than the hours of work that you have already been compensated for" was a retorhicle one. I absolutely new the answer before I ask the question.

As for quoting a Democrat, many people have said the same thing. As I stated before Warren Buffet said it best. That kept it simple for ya.

I answer questions you deflect them big difference. By your theory we are struggling to keep the doors open keep dreaming alice your not pulling the wool over this drivers head.

AF (now fedex) used to be top shelf, across the board. They kept the threat of unionization at bay.

The balance that is needed today, has to do with shared benefit. Reducing driver costs benefits the company financial bottom line, to a point. Also productivity increases benefit the compant bottom line. There comes a point where the drivers' financial bottom line needs addressed. We've done our part to assist in efficiency gains, and continue to. Shared sacrifice should equal shared gains, at some point.
While I agree that the gains should be shared, the market place will help balance our share. As other companies increase compensation Fedex will have to adjust. With the current demand for drivers coupled with a severe shortage of qualified ones we should benefit going forward. Long term the pitfalls of unionization outweigh the short term possible benefits. History doesn't lie. It is in our favor that management is now very aware of our concerns, and has already addressed many of the punitive safety rules which really started this whole fiasco. Look for further positive change soon.

Thanks for your great insight great old retired one. Nice to to see you posting on the boards again.
While I agree that the gains should be shared, the market place will help balance our share. As other companies increase compensation Fedex will have to adjust. With the current demand for drivers coupled with a severe shortage of qualified ones we should benefit going forward. Long term the pitfalls of unionization outweigh the short term possible benefits. History doesn't lie. It is in our favor that management is now very aware of our concerns, and has already addressed many of the punitive safety rules which really started this whole fiasco. Look for further positive change soon.
Explain why it is that UPS is a leader in the industry with an all union staff ? I noticed that you didn't comment on my last{ post #63} about ABF, UPS and the union .

And this has what to do with Fed ex Freight?
Actually, it has a lot to do with Fedx. This bill that was just passed in with the senate budget bill, is far reaching, it will basically end ERISA, which protected all pensions. Now starting with the multiemployer plans, and then extending to the other private plans out there. Today you are not affected, one year, five years maybe 10 years, you will be. One last thing, Teamsters pensions are not controlled or cut by the Teamsters. They are controlled by the government, and has been since the 80"s. I am not here to debate about FEDX joining the union, that is up to you folks. I personally like FEDX, clean trucks, good drivers for the most part, well run , deliver on time, paid good, likeable drivers. The list goes on and on, I just think you will be involved in the protection thingie sooner or later. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. This is just me ESP!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6351190

He who has power keeps power(&money).
The financial sector has the power.
Joining unions brings back the power to we, the people, the backbone and muscle.

This story illustrates that the banks refuse to be forced into selling at a loss. They bought at least 2 years with this lobby.

Yet there will be no bought time for retirees whose pensions will be cut due to the story beggining the thread.

Many will sell homes at loss to survive.
And the banks will sell mortgages for them homes.....enabling them to cook books for 30 more years for each 30 year mortgage sold.

Disgusting.

Do yoy stand with them or people who do what you do?

If they can take down our pensions with all defense that unions have. it will be child's play to take your hard earned retirement money in their retirement system...especially with reduced union numbers and less and less protection.
Wise up, see the truth, and join.

What a line of horse sh**. ^^^^^^^^The unions mismanagement of the funds is why they don't have the money. Stop blaming the banks and evil corporations for YOUR UNION not being able to pay for your retirement.

What a line of horse sh**. ^^^^^^^^The unions mismanagement of the funds is why they don't have the money. Stop blaming the banks and evil corporations for YOUR UNION not being able to pay for your retirement.
Fact is many of those troubled funds tried to get it all back quickly and invested in some very bad ventures. Your investment manager could have fallen into the trap too. Crooked deals for sure. Those that wrote the notes should be behind bars. It didn't just hurt the pensions, it hurt our country.

Fact is many of those troubled funds tried to get it all back quickly and invested in some very bad ventures. Your investment manager could have fallen into the trap too. Crooked deals for sure. Those that wrote the notes should be behind bars. It didn't just hurt the pensions, it hurt our country.

The difference here is the tax payers will be the ones bailing out the pensions if they fail where as if my investor had made a bad desicion I would be sh** out of luck. Amother tax payer bailout too will hurt our country.

You can call it whatever you want brother it's still a pay cut. Fedex freight made better than ten percent profit on our last earnings statement. We aren't going anywhere.
We aren't going anywhere......... Heard that and We are too big to fail................
Don't kid yourself's your about to be passed up by OD.
Their is always someone out their that will sell their sole to the devil to be number 1
And get their off the backs of labor................

The difference here is the tax payers will be the ones bailing out the pensions if they fail where as if my investor had made a bad desicion I would be sh** out of luck. Amother tax payer bailout too will hurt our country.
Hence the reason for this legislation. Try and let the plans right themselves and not put undo burden on Joe Taxpayer. With the market making a strong showing there is a good chance that many funds will be in the black again. As far as the banks go. They do not deserve consideration again. I wouldn't **** down their throats if their guts were on fire.

All of the Fedex drivers pushing for the teamsters should troll the YRC truckingboards site and see how they are blasting their own union over pensions and other issues. The supposed utopia created by unionization actually seems like a form of hell. I haven't checked ABF and the others, but probably more of the same. They just want us to join them in misery I guess. I will take my 401k and fedex pension thank you very much. Probably their retiree healthcare will be the next victim of union greed and mismanagement.

All of the Fedex drivers pushing for the teamsters should troll the YRC truckingboards site and see how they are blasting their own union over pensions and other issues. The supposed utopia created by unionization actually seems like a form of hell. I haven't checked ABF and the others, but probably more of the same. They just want us to join them in misery I guess. I will take my 401k and fedex pension thank you very much. Probably their retiree healthcare will be the next victim of union greed and mismanagement.
Why do we still have this fixation with YRC? Maybe we should all look more closely at UPS, and UPSF... I'm willing to look closer, but things would have to be pretty unbearable over there to negate their higher overall return.