FedEx Freight | Congress Passed Pension Cuts

All of the Fedex drivers pushing for the teamsters should troll the YRC truckingboards site and see how they are blasting their own union over pensions and other issues. The supposed utopia created by unionization actually seems like a form of hell. I haven't checked ABF and the others, but probably more of the same. They just want us to join them in misery I guess. I will take my 401k and fedex pension thank you very much. Probably their retiree healthcare will be the next victim of union greed and mismanagement.
Central states is a mess but not all are in that plan in fact most are doing fine. And now I will say this one more time, fedex would have a plan like ups freight & not thrown into a existing plan....

The difference here is the tax payers will be the ones bailing out the pensions if they fail where as if my investor had made a bad desicion I would be sh** out of luck. Amother tax payer bailout too will hurt our country.
They send tons of money to other parts of the world why not help their own?

All of the Fedex drivers pushing for the teamsters should troll the YRC truckingboards site and see how they are blasting their own union over pensions and other issues. The supposed utopia created by unionization actually seems like a form of hell. I haven't checked ABF and the others, but probably more of the same. They just want us to join them in misery I guess. I will take my 401k and fedex pension thank you very much. Probably their retiree healthcare will be the next victim of union greed and mismanagement.[/QUOTE There ya go again with the same old nonsense blaming the union for all the problems at YRC when anyone with half a brain knows it was bill Zollar top dog at the time since moved on with 17 mill while everyone else struggles because of is mismanagement of a great company . If ya knew anything it was the IBT that got the creditors off YRC's back and saved them from bankruptcy . With out the union interfering YRC would have not been around by now . BTW I am still waiting for you to explain why in your opinion that the union ruins company's . Your biggest competitor UPS and UPS freight are all union, no problem there . Guess your pinion and facts don't really match up now do they ?

Central states is a mess but not all are in that plan in fact most are doing fine. And now I will say this one more time, fedex would have a plan like ups freight & not thrown into a existing plan....
How do you know what fedex would have? There have been zero negotiations. And with only 3 out of nearly 400 terminals being union I don't see any leverage for anything good at all. Fedex would be pretty ignorant to give anything better to those three than the non union terminals. As this would be an enticement for those to petition.

How do you know what fedex would have? There have been zero negotiations. And with only 3 out of nearly 400 terminals being union I don't see any leverage for anything good at all. Fedex would be pretty ignorant to give anything better to those three than the non union terminals. As this would be an enticement for those to petition.
You don't know either, but that dident stop you from posting....

They send tons of money to other parts of the world why not help their own?

Oh....2 wrongs make a right. Throw good money after bad.

Tax dollars sent to other parts of the world have nothing to do with bailing out organizations that have mismanaged their funds. It was wrong with the banks, it was wrong with GM and it will be wrong with the pensions. At some point people have to be held accountable.

Tax dollars sent to other parts of the world have nothing to do with bailing out organizations that have mismanaged their funds. It was wrong with the banks, it was wrong with GM and it will be wrong with the pensions. At some point people have to be held accountable.
It's time Americans reap some rewards instead of foreign countries....

Are you suggesting the pension participants, through no fault of their own, be held accountable", rather than the fund managers?

I don't know how you assign ZERO responsibility to the participants. Did they just receive their annual statements and circular file them? How come they didn't demand some accountability from the fund managers before it was too late?

Why should a taxpayer that had ZERO involvement, be on the hook for any of this mess?

Are you suggesting the pension participants, through no fault of their own, be held accountable", rather than the fund managers?
Take it a step further and hold those accountable that ceated the bad investments to begin with? They had their sorry asses saved so why not return the favor? They now have a few gazzilion laying around thanks to Joe Taxpayer.

Im pretty sure trustees on the funds are from both union and the corporations...not just the union. Correct me if Im wrong.

What a line of horse sh**. ^^^^^^^^The unions mismanagement of the funds is why they don't have the money. Stop blaming the banks and evil corporations for YOUR UNION not being able to pay for your retirement.

Last edited: