Congress Turns Up The Heat On The Teamsters Central States Pension Plan!

I wish no one cut either. I live in reality. Wait until SSI is slashed too. About when I retire. Math unfortunately, is a constant.
I hope nobody gets cut anywhere and it is particularly concerning when we bail out billionaires then give them bonuses for wrecking the ship while we get cut cut cut. I see it as the makings for a civil war. jimmy g, you should be depressed with all the negativity you see in your future.

I hope nobody gets cut anywhere and it is particularly concerning when we bail out billionaires then give them bonuses for wrecking the ship while we get cut cut cut. I see it as the makings for a civil war. jimmy g, you should be depressed with all the negativity you see in your future.
I'm not negative, I'm truthful. The liars and their followers are the depressed. I'll be fine
I have Jesus, and Family to love. I'll find a way. Always do.

I'm not negative, I'm truthful. The liars and their followers are the depressed. I'll be fine
I have Jesus, and Family to love. I'll find a way. Always do.

People can hope for the best all thru life. The ones who prepare for the worst survive.

Admit it. You love trampling on the least little ray of hope and making everyone else miserable. :wavey:

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/resources/speeches/233-1940-the-finest-hour/122-their-finest-hour

ಠ▄ಠ knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

Wow. I think there needs to be a mental evaluation when you get your next dot physical. We are teamsters not crusaders. We are not trying to solve world problems or change the course of history. We are owed an objective explanation as to where and why our fund is in the shape its in. Who invested how much; trustee, board, and director misconduct; ups bailout and so on. This congressional committee wants answers just like us.

STOP AND THINK AND READ THE ORGINAL PROPOSAL !, Ms, Kaptur, is not saying stop the cuts. Just slow down and make the discussion possible and to make the cuts fair. Right now about 195,000 will take about a 50% cut, spread the cuts out to the entire 410,000. We all will take a 25% cut. This whole thing is about the Orphans, well guess what, UNION means, the whole group. Why should I take a 50 % cut when a man who is eighty and makes more than me take no cut? Until this is properly examined on it's own merit, I will not be shut up. This is purely a political thing, maybe some cuts are necessary, Think about the costs to the cities and the tax loss to the nation. This is not the only union to ask for the cuts. This is all about the PBGC.. I am mad as hell. Most people retired with the knowledge they could make it on the pension, then the rug is pulled out from under them. Let me ask you who are still working, If your employer just said, we are cutting your pay in half, what would you say about your bills? Same thing. Maybe everyone should be like JEFF, and have no debt. :ranting2:

STOP AND THINK AND READ THE ORGINAL PROPOSAL !, Ms, Kaptur, is not saying stop the cuts. Just slow down and make the discussion possible and to make the cuts fair. Right now about 195,000 will take about a 50% cut, spread the cuts out to the entire 410,000. We all will take a 25% cut. This whole thing is about the Orphans, well guess what, UNION means, the whole group. Why should I take a 50 % cut when a man who is eighty and makes more than me take no cut? Until this is properly examined on it's own merit, I will not be shut up. This is purely a political thing, maybe some cuts are necessary, Think about the costs to the cities and the tax loss to the nation. This is not the only union to ask for the cuts. This is all about the PBGC.. I am mad as hell. Most people retired with the knowledge they could make it on the pension, then the rug is pulled out from under them. Let me ask you who are still working, If your employer just said, we are cutting your pay in half, what would you say about your bills? Same thing. Maybe everyone should be like JEFF, and have no debt. :ranting2:

I did read it. Here is what I understand from the written words in the letter. She is proposing that plan considers making cuts less severe for Tier 1 orphans. I didn't read anywhere that it said spread equally across all 410,000 members. I like that though; twenty-five percent is a helluva lot better than the 60% cut my husband and I are facing.

Based on what I'm reading, she says how about making the cut 150% of the PBGC. In my case, the cuts in the current plan work out to $400 for every $1000 of pension accrued. PBGC works out to roughly thirty five percent. So if the cut were 150% of the PBGC amount, that would be $540 per $1000 of pension. It is a forty-six percent reduction versus a sixty percent reduction, better, but not close to a twenty-five percent reduction.

I did read it. Here is what I understand from the written words in the letter. She is proposing that plan considers making cuts less severe for Tier 1 orphans. I didn't read anywhere that it said spread equally across all 410,000 members. I like that though; twenty-five percent is a helluva lot better than the 60% cut my husband and I are facing.

Based on what I'm reading, she says how about making the cut 150% of the PBGC. In my case, the cuts in the current plan work out to $400 for every $1000 of pension accrued. PBGC works out to roughly thirty five percent. So if the cut were 150% of the PBGC amount, that would be $540 per $1000 of pension. It is a forty-six percent reduction versus a sixty percent reduction, better, but not close to a twenty-five percent reduction.
You are 100% correct and I stand corrected. I had a conversation with her in D.C.. I got ahead of myself. To do either proposal she is wanting will take a quick reform. Neither one will be stopping the cuts. I admit I got her conversation and what she is now proposing mixed together and I am sorry for that. The conversation in D.C. was for the equal cuts and the plan now is for 110 to 150% somewhere in there. I feel for your pain and I am being cut 52% as well. I am an ORPHAN. The more money you make the more the cut. NOT Fair. I have been on the Congress and Senate hot and heavy about the age protection. I am not a popular guy. Please write or call your reps in DC and tell them your story and do not forget to tell them of the impact this will have on your city and state.

You are 100% correct and I stand corrected. I had a conversation with her in D.C.. I got ahead of myself. To do either proposal she is wanting will take a quick reform. Neither one will be stopping the cuts. I admit I got her conversation and what she is now proposing mixed together and I am sorry for that. The conversation in D.C. was for the equal cuts and the plan now is for 110 to 150% somewhere in there. I feel for your pain and I am being cut 52% as well. I am an ORPHAN. The more money you make the more the cut. NOT Fair. I have been on the Congress and Senate hot and heavy about the age protection. I am not a popular guy. Please write or call your reps in DC and tell them your story and do not forget to tell them of the impact this will have on your city and state.

I have written to my representatives. I will also send a letter to the reps that have signed this letter. The more I read, the more I learn. We are all in this together. Unfortunately, the way they've divided us into groups is not fair. I am with you; everyone take an equal cut across the board. I wonder what it would work out to. In all my years of doing assessments for projects, multiple options are presented for the committee to choose. In this case, they've only presented one option. I will also write to the independent overseer of the plan. How can they present just one option? There should be more options on the table and members should be allowed to vote on it.

Thank you for doing everything you can Trucker18. From what I have found out is, Every Congress person and Senator I have spoken to in person and in writing. Says the same thing, this became law with the Spending bill, shoved in at the last moment. Having said that they are in the mind set, if they do anything to change this now it will have a fatal effect on the PBGC. Which they all say it will go broke in the next two years anyway. So with us taking cuts now, somehow this is the right thing to do. ( my theory is, they believe if we take cuts now, then the government will not have to bail us out when they bail out the PBGC). Even thou they say they will not bail out PBGC, I believe they will. They are just trying to keep any other pension fund from going to the PBGC. You are a great American and you worked for your pension and paid into it, you are entitled to it. Fight with every breath you take. I never thought I would be treated as good as I was when I went to D.C. of course I made appt's ahead of time and had the help of the Pension rights center, Karen Friedman and her staff. I most likely only made my self feel better, but they are hell bent on the cuts going forward. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I pushed Portman to the point that he had to keep his promise to me, that he would introduce a bill for the vote to be fair. Where it will go from there I do not know. With all the things going on right now. Pushing your congress and senate to get on board with the Ms. Kaptur's plan is the best thing we can hope for. I still believe in equal across the board, but somehow, they think if you are over 80, you should be treated with respect. Please ask everyone you talk with to contact their Congress and Senate. May 7th is getting closer everyday. Good Luck and God Bless.

35 cosponsors to keep our pension bill.

Cosponsors: H.R.2844 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Sponsor: Rep. Kaptur, Marcy [D-OH-9] ( includes 6 original)

Refine your search

* = Original cosponsor
Sort by
First to LastLast to FirstAlphabeticalAlphabetical - By Party
GO
Cosponsor Date Cosponsored
Rep. Ryan, Tim [D-OH-13]* 06/19/2015
Rep. Ellison, Keith [D-MN-5]* 06/19/2015
Rep. Schakowsky, Janice D. [D-IL-9]* 06/19/2015
Rep. Boyle, Brendan F. [D-PA-13]* 06/19/2015
Rep. Honda, Michael M. [D-CA-17]* 06/19/2015
Rep. Slaughter, Louise McIntosh [D-NY-25]* 06/19/2015
Rep. Moore, Gwen [D-WI-4] 06/25/2015
Rep. Veasey, Marc A. [D-TX-33] 07/27/2015
Rep. McDermott, Jim [D-WA-7] 07/27/2015
Rep. Visclosky, Peter J. [D-IN-1] 09/09/2015
Rep. Beatty, Joyce [D-OH-3] 09/09/2015
Rep. Lofgren, Zoe [D-CA-19] 09/09/2015
Rep. Nolan, Richard M. [D-MN-8] 09/09/2015
Rep. Norton, Eleanor Holmes [D-DC-At Large] 09/09/2015
Rep. Velazquez, Nydia M. [D-NY-7] 09/09/2015
Rep. Lieu, Ted [D-CA-33] 09/09/2015
Rep. O'Rourke, Beto [D-TX-16] 09/10/2015
Rep. Sires, Albio [D-NJ-8] 09/10/2015
Rep. Green, Gene [D-TX-29] 09/10/2015
Rep. Clarke, Yvette D. [D-NY-9] 09/10/2015
Rep. Pallone, Frank, Jr. [D-NJ-6] 09/16/2015
Rep. Chu, Judy [D-CA-27] 09/16/2015
Rep. Payne, Donald M., Jr. [D-NJ-10] 09/16/2015
Rep. Jeffries, Hakeem S. [D-NY-8] 09/16/2015
Rep. Garamendi, John [D-CA-3] 09/24/2015
Rep. Adams, Alma S. [D-NC-12] 09/24/2015
Rep. Cohen, Steve [D-TN-9] 10/09/2015
Rep. Bustos, Cheri [D-IL-17] 10/21/2015
Rep. Kildee, Daniel T. [D-MI-5] 10/26/2015
Rep. Grayson, Alan [D-FL-9] 11/03/2015
Rep. Peterson, Collin C. [D-MN-7] 11/18/2015
Rep. Dingell, Debbie [D-MI-12] 11/18/2015
Rep. Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [D-GA-4] 11/18/2015
Rep. Yarmuth, John A. [D-KY-3] 11/18/2015
Rep. Scott, David [D-GA-13] 12/02/2015
collapseParty
collapseCosponsors by U.S. State or Territory
loading2-lg.gif

Just sent a copy of the cosponsors to the republican representatives in my district not sure if it will do much good but I did ask why there were no republicans on board also reminding them seniors vote and election time is not that far away...