Holland | Considering the givebacks that are on the way

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
"Teamsters General
Executive Board today unanimously agreed to... YRCW"...

I state here, and now, that we must all DEMAND that every Teamster Official in every local in every city, town, burg and municipality. Everywhere any Teamster Local Union exists and every Official at the International Teamsters level give back any and all increases in salary and expense accounts that they have received in 2008.
Commensurate with the loss of wages and/or benefits the membership is about to suffer.

Especially Mr. Hoffa, with his $78,000 wage increase. (Don't we pay for Hoffa's Washington condo)?
And NO I do not care if that $78,00 was mandated by the Internationals constitution.

Lets see, the membership,
$2.20 divided by 5 yrs = .44 cents per hour average
.44 cents per hour x 40 = $17.60 per week
$17.60 week x 52 = $915.20 per year x 5 years = $4576.00

Hoffa, 2008 wage increase alone, not counting the rest of his salary or perks.
$78,000. divided by 52 = $1500.00 per week
divided by 40 hrs = $37.50 per hour
$78,000.00 x 5 years = $390,000.00

$390,000.00 (Hoffa) - $4576.00 (me and you) = $385,424.00 difference in Hoffa's recent salary increase alone, the difference between what the membership will earn across 5 years and what Hoffa will make only counting this recent salary increase of $78,000.00

Is he really worth that kind of money.

Wouldn't YOU like to have DOUBLE PENSIONS.

Don't forget the condo WE pay for.

It is wrong no matter where it came from.

We must live in Solidarity on this issue.

Our leadership must join us in this coming economic hardship.

I call on James Hoffa to end, immediately, the practice of Union Officials drawing two (2) pensions, one from their respective Locals and one from the International Union.

I also call for all instances of Officials drawing multiple salaries from all Union bodies except their own Local, i.e. Local Joint Councils, to fore go those extra extraordinary salaries for the duration of time in which the membership suffers any hardship whatsoever. Meaning the length of our, the memberships, contract. Caused by this backward slide brought about by the hands of Zollars and his ilk no matter where they reside or who they work for, or should I say who they collect their pay from or because of.

Much like those current GREEDY captains of industry we are viewing and reading about on a daily basis.

Our Leadership/s seem to be living in never, never-land.

Continuing to increase their own worth while we, struggle to put food on our families table, and a roof over our own heads.

Not to mention trying to keep our jobs without being layed off or dumped into the 10% pool barely working 5 days if we are lucky.

While our companies operate off of a formula that says, if it takes thirty (30) men to do the work of forty (40) men then thirty (30) men is the number of men we will work, the rest be dammed along with their families.

YRCW and every other company needs to understand that the stockholders are not the most important people to be concerned about, it is the employees of these companies that should be of paramount importance.
It certainly will not be the stockholders that drive the economy.
How many refrigerators, stoves, dish washers, cars, etc can the stockholders buy?

Because without the masses of employees working WHO will buy the durable goods that drive this economy.

There will be NO ECONOMY!

The Leadership of Local 705 in Chicago has enjoyed giving themselves an over eight (8)% increase in their salaries during the last three (3) years. Check the LM-2's

Since we are all Brothers in this Union thing then in Solidarity and Brotherhood these Officials should align themselves with we the membership, not those Greedy Captains of Industry we read about.

If any of our Union Leaderships were half the men/women that our membership are they would not have to have these thoughts Demanded of them they would have already devised a plan along with an announcement of SOLIDARITY.

James Hoffa, NOW is the time to PROVE you are worthy of leading this great Union.

Because as of late you have not shown any of us much in the way of Leadership.

In SOLIDARITY and BROTHERHOOD

It was written by "Unionist", I read it on the "For Union Drivers Only" board on truckingboards. I thought this was the best I have ever read and it needed to be passed on.

Very well said but now lets make it happen! Also, ALL management from the top down at YRC and including the new China company should give back. Not just loose a bonus but whatever percent they want from us, they also give back. Amen

That was very well written and Amen to that, If I can keep my house and feed my family, That's all I hope for for Christmas, The big wigs in their Jets and nice houses need to live a day in our lives and see how it feels.:nutkick:

And I have been laid off 3 times since Sept and right now, Don't really care what happens cause they really don't care about us.. The ones that help pay for their life styles, the ones that freeze our butts off in the cold, to move freight for them.

The ones that never know if we are going to work that day or not....

They need to walk a day in our shoes to see how it really feels...

:USA:

That was very well written and Amen to that, If I can keep my house and feed my family, That's all I hope for for Christmas, The big wigs in their Jets and nice houses need to live a day in our lives and see how it feels.:nutkick:

And I have been laid off 3 times since Sept and right now, Don't really care what happens cause they really don't care about us.. The ones that help pay for their life styles, the ones that freeze our butts off in the cold, to move freight for them.

The ones that never know if we are going to work that day or not....

They need to walk a day in our shoes to see how it really feels...

:USA:
Wishful thinking, unfortunately it will never happen.........

The international sold out truck drivers many years ago. They don't organize truck drivers, they organize cops, stewardesses, and anything else. Since Leaveing the AFL-CIO they have raided any union that was available. Locomative engineers, printers, anything that was available. They diversified in order to keep their multiple pensions and outrages salaries. They don't care about driver jobs anymore! They are set. Union freight is done! We all better figure it out!