Holland | Consolidation

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Doesn't anybody from the USF group have any opinion's on the current consolidation going on within our company? How do you guy's feel about joining the Holland brand. Bestway how do you all feel about some of your brothers getting the chance to become master freight teamsters. Little Rock what's happened to the Ft. Smith terminal? I here most of the frt is going to be interlined. Reddyway ? Come on guys lets get the word out. Good luck and be safe GRIZZ

Doesn't anybody from the USF group have any opinion's on the current consolidation going on within our company? How do you guy's feel about joining the Holland brand. Bestway how do you all feel about some of your brothers getting the chance to become master freight teamsters. Little Rock what's happened to the Ft. Smith terminal? I here most of the frt is going to be interlined. Reddyway ? Come on guys lets get the word out. Good luck and be safe GRIZZ

Grizz, it took you long enough to say something about this. Are the Ex-Bestway men automatic Holland/Reddaway employee's now? Do they have to reapply for their old jobs? Come on guys we are all very nosy and need to know whats going on down/out there! I really hope that you guys are getting in to the NMFA and thing's do nothing but get better for everyone involved, good luck.

Ill try to be short and sweet......
i was a usfDugan employee in ft.smith when we voted in the union and sure enough when bestway took over we stayed union if only for the one driver that got his job back after reapplication........all the rest of us union guys were weeded out because of time of seniority....and me being linehaul they didnt continue line service from the terminal.....
the ***** that were left tried to decertify to no avail....haha the labor board saw how the bestway company had stacked the count in their favor after the buy out and wouldnt let them do it.....
as for the future of the ft. smith terminal they are closing. they have been offered jobs in joplin but i dont think any of the drivers are going to transfer......they work out of our yellow terminal at present and its poetic justice that i get to see these ***** everyday and i smile at them because i work for daddy now (YELLOW) and i will continue to have a job when there gone.....
rumor is they will interline frieght with us in this area and it will cause our terminal to have to hire one more driver.....ive talked to my terminal manager and guess who will get the job....the one union man left at the terminal and the term manager said he will recieve the offer as soon as frieght warrants.....again JUSTICE is served.......isnt carma a B#@CH

Yellow....Yes We Can....

Thanks Boyscout, Good choice. ARK is going to be a mess for Holland. Your probably right about us interlining with Yellow. We give Yellow a lot of W. Ark in Memphis. Good luck GRIZZ

Murphyslaw- were calling you out. Give us something from the ROCK. Jackson MS check in. Ex-Bestway know Reddyway get in here. We need info. Grizz

huh oh.......think ive talked to you on the phone grizz.....send me a priv mess....
i gotta know who you are....lol

if you know muphys law i bet weve talked on the phone....

I Think

I think if these guys were not union, by contract Holland is supposed to give preferential hiring to master freight teamsters who are laid off.

Me to

Hey Grizz ,what was that fellows name that used to work outbound dispatch about 1990 or 1991 that drowned on a fishin trip I believe. Do you remember him he was a real nice fellow. A little heavy , wore a beard sometimes.

Unionman -that was Charles H . He was a good friend of mine. Helped me get on at Holland. Him and I worked at Thurston Motor Lines through the late 70's and early 80's. Very good freight man. Sarcastic were still waiting on them to check in. I know we are loading direct loads to LR and Jackson. Unionman you have a good point about hiring layed-off teamsters, but that didn't happen here when Dugan was shutdown. Grizz

Unionman -that was Charles H . He was a good friend of mine. Helped me get on at Holland. Him and I worked at Thurston Motor Lines through the late 70's and early 80's. Very good freight man. Sarcastic were still waiting on them to check in. I know we are loading direct loads to LR and Jackson. Unionman you have a good point about hiring layed-off teamsters, but that didn't happen here when Dugan was shutdown. Grizz

Be sure the local has given all information pertaining to the people that are laid off from the companies under the NMFA. If the local hasn't given the companies, under NMFA, information on people on lay off, the companies don't have to honor the clause. Check with the local first thing Monday!

Unionman - Unionman you have a good point about hiring layed-off teamsters, but that didn't happen here when Dugan was shutdown. Grizz

Yes it did!! It is Article 3. section 2 of the NMFA and KC hired 6 and joplin i think 1.

Do you know anyone from Holland that has been to Little Rock, Jackson, or Witchta since it has become holland terminals

Not officially Holland until the 29 of Jan I know they are still processing the Non Union "you know what's" in wichita. Hoping they get several displaced or laidoff teamsters and none of the union haters get jobs...

Not officially Holland until the 29 of Jan I know they are still processing the Non Union "you know what's" in wichita. Hoping they get several displaced or laidoff teamsters and none of the union haters get jobs...
Grumpy, you left out Jackson. That terminal is full of skanks too....Jim F and Chuck I knew we would meet again one day, that is if you two can keep your jobs...Remember how you two set Billy S up and got him fired. I know you remember!!!....how you stole his inspection book out of his truck.

sac ca. reddaway

Murphyslaw- were calling you out. Give us something from the ROCK. Jackson MS check in. Ex-Bestway know Reddyway get in here. We need info. Grizz
well things arent good here,were taking over bestway in sac.,but their keeping the old bestway barn open and giving them half our area,so this means layoffs at reddaway sac.The bestway employees are having to apply at reddaway just like a new hire,the hole THING STINKS!

sos SOS sos SACRAMENTO REDDAWAY!

SOS SACRAMENTO REDDAWAY! were losing half our area of opperation,& thats just ok.I thought we were the best in the west.Well the yrcw isnt treating us like we are:nutkick:

well things arent good here,were taking over bestway in sac.,but their keeping the old bestway barn open and giving them half our area,so this means layoffs at reddaway sac.The bestway employees are having to apply at reddaway just like a new hire,the hole THING STINKS!

Just wondering why would they have two terminals in the SAC. area? Or is 1 terminal not enough, or not really that close to each other? And why would Reddaway employees with more Senority not get to transfer(follow there work)? Just a few questions.

Have you guys signed cards like Bestway did? Or are you already union and if no why not????