Yellow | contact Tyson Johnson

electraglideatl

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone know how to contact Tyson Johnson? I am having a problem with a utility question in charleston sc........we have been told we cant bid off utility until jan 1 09 but i believe that is totally false........utilility language is a national language and not supplemental for the regions....i bidded off and my name was white out and i have been told i cant bid off by the ba and the regional freight director..........Tyson we need your help:1036316054:

bidding off UE is allowed and to my knowledge has been done at various locations.

Yeah Call the international and you wont get a reply. I wanted to call Tyson to thank him for option 2 on the last change. Not available for talking. I wonder how he still can justify to everyone that got screwed on that deal. Seniority only counts when they say it counts. Hope the guy in Texas with 11.5 years less seniority than me is enjoying working there. Well he wanted to protect his region and he did. I am still wondering where in the bylaws and also the contract he was able to take peoples seniority away in a change. Go teamsters!!!

the only language in the c.o.o. referring to o1-o1-o9 that i remember was for the protection of a junior man that transferred into a location where he may get laided off . i don't think anyone that moved anywhere can be bumped out of a job until after 01-01-09 .

tom3901 the language in the change protected you and myself by allowing us to to have regional seniority so we were not forced 1000's of miles from our homes and families. you had first shot at the gaining locations in your region. if you would have gone all the way to the final round you would have been able to bid out . but I guess all you want to do is **** and moan on how you got screwed. if you want to cry about it start another topic. this topic was to try to contact T.J. now cry that you were screwed in the change.........

Like my post said. He doesn't return calls. Seniority didn't count in the change. Funny Dallas region protected the jobs there more than anywhere. You see in the rest of the world we have a thing call seniority. I have only been here 15 years but I was always told this is all you have. I do not believe that the former freight director Phill Y**** would have done this. This Option 2 thing was wrong and no one could ever justify it. What is the difference if you move 200 miles from where you are or 1000 of miles? A change is a change. Never mind I give up. The beginning of the end. Now its your turn to insult me, a thing someone does when they have no argument.

well i got the number on wed morning and spoke with tyson"s secretary and she said he would call me...........here it is thurs nite and no response.......i have to hear from him because us carolina conference guys are getting screwed.......i never saw any language with the utility changes saying we cant bid off until jan 1 09........i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........this proves to me and the other men who came to the carolina and eastern region that our senority doesnt mean anything......if my ba in atl would have told me that i couldnt bid off until jan 1 would have not gone to this hell hole.......management in atl at yellow even told me i could bid off.......i truly believe i should be able to go back to atl with full senority.........any thoughts?

S.H. Lawyers

The contract was settled this year (2008). Anyone who took bids for UE has to stay where they are for one (1) year. Youse guys knows this. :chairshot:

TJ

Good luck with Johnson . I sent certified ,return receipt letters to him regarding last COO and phoned as a follow up . NOTHING
This COO I sent same type letter prior to the hearing , asking letter be put into the record and to send me minutes of the change , and copy of the decision .NOTHING
Him , Hoffa and any officer who said to vote yes on the contract is worthless .Contributions not enough to get troubled pensions out of the red, UE and Velocity chaos and idiots in charge .Company stock should be going thru the roof .

The contract was settled this year (2008). Anyone who took bids for UE has to stay where they are for one (1) year. Youse guys knows this. :chairshot:

i am not trying to prove you wrong but it says we can not be bumped off until jan 1, 09......no where does it say we have to be on it for 1 yr.....there are brothers already bidding off in the southern conf.........the regional freight director in the eastern conf called me and told me i could not bid off until jan 1 09 but he is wrong as well.....all i want to do is hear if from Tyson Johnson and then i will be satisified.......if one bleeds we should all bleed......if i was informed back in june i would have stayed in atl and not charleston sc........:hide:

Not trying to put anyone down or in any way insult anyone however, Having had a chance to read the UE part of the new contract I chose to not partake in the bids even tho I could have moved to a town I have always wanted to live in. They left too many loop holes and way too many shady things open to where we could get screwed. and I believe that the contract should have been voted down. now to get off topic :Off-Topic:a minute. I personally don't like the contract for one part that is in there. It has to do with utilization of personal and equipment for company needs or something to that effect. basically where they can us dock workers as city drivers instead of having to offer the O T to city drivers, OR call back laid off drivers before utilizing dock personal to drive and while they offer the city driver C C or Dock time instead of the run with overtime might as well Take it like a Man

i am not trying to prove you wrong but it says we can not be bumped off until jan 1, 09......no where does it say we have to be on it for 1 yr.....there are brothers already bidding off in the southern conf.........the regional freight director in the eastern conf called me and told me i could not bid off until jan 1 09 but he is wrong as well.....all i want to do is hear if from Tyson Johnson and then i will be satisified.......if one bleeds we should all bleed......if i was informed back in june i would have stayed in atl and not charleston sc........:hide:

Well, I don't know, but this letter from Tyson says 1/1/2009.
Look at the last part of page 3.
Note it was sent to the company and the locals and was read into the record at the start of the bidding process.....KK

http://www.teamsterslocal728.org/Grievance Decisions/YELLOW UTILITY.pdf

FILE A GRIEVANCE.

if the b/a says no then, get over it.

think how many guys that 1-1-2009 clause protects.

junior guys who bid and transferred got an incentive to move and follow work and be protected for 6 months.

you did read the change before you walked up to the speakerphone didn't you?

with 15 years, you really didn't have to bid out did you?

File a grievance with who mike? I am over it. Your right, I dd not have to move. I chose to move to a place I wanted to go too. I was locked out because junior men in my area transfered locally and were able to lock up the remaining bids to leave. The only point I made in my post is he doesn't return calls. Seniority did not count in the change if you wanted to go utility was my point. You have moved a few times anyone junior ever go in front of you? You have 20 years why did you move again? My incentive was to go where work was going to be available.

Let me share with all of you how they are interpreting the UE here at our terminal in TX.

We had 3 men bid over from DAL. One hasn't reported yet, because he was on Workers Comp.

The other 2 reported and started working. The junior of those 2 got fed up with it all and bid onto the dock, no questions asked. The way they are treating the other one is this.... He CAN'T be bumped off of his shift until 1-1-09. He can choose to bid off, and the company can (and has) change his start time whenever they please, but NOONE can bump him until 1-1-09.

This comes from our BA at 745, who pretty much gets his marching orders from T**** J******

utility

My understanding of start time is contractually the company can only move it 30 minutes....Aug is south had a decision.The only way a U.E. can come off the bid before Jan. is if a layoff occcurs and he is protecting his senoirity for new bidding purposes.....ask your B.A. and T.M. to contact Yellow's labor man and see what his decision is.....I have gotten favorable decisions through that route.