Contact your customers

VanVanvanderVan

TB Lurker
Credits
TEAMSTERS PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND TELL THEM WE ARE STILL ON STRIKE. MAKE SURE THEY CHECK OUT YOUTUBE.COM and type in "Oak Harbor ****":1036316054:

Yea, what a great way to get harassment charges filed.

On you maybe.:hysterical:
Most Drivers have a very good communication
with the customers. It was not the name on the
trailer it was the service the Driver provided that
kept them with Joke Harbor.
Hell I wish there was a way to file harassment charges
on people like you that get on here and write about
things you know nothing about.
:chairshot:

Ignore AUBdriver... management under any other handle is still management, no matter how they try and hide. Their stink is hard to miss, even through a computer screen... LOL!

Our route drivers have consistantly talked to their regular and even irregular customers at least twice a week since the strike started, and it has been awesomely effective.

Most of these customers appreciate their regular drivers and have told OHFL salemen that they get no freight until the strike is over and their regular drivers are back in the trucks.

You see, this is something I know David never accounted for or appreciated... the customer loyalty to the drivers. The route driver is Oak Harbor Freight Lines to these customers, not David VP or his salemen.

They can offer all of the discounts they want, but they will not get most of these accounts. And really, slashing rates is a losing game anyhow. They are already operating at 20%, regardless of the lies they tell the employees, and what little they are hauling is so deeply discounted, they are hauling for a loss.

You are not dealing with idiots or inexperienced people, David. We know this business better than you do, I'll warrant, and all of your silly attempts to make it look as if the company is doing better than it is isn't fooling any of us or even the customers.

Sending sixty trucks a day out with one or two pallets and two drivers (which takes them an average if 3-4 hours to deliver) plus security is costing you a pretty penny, and the freight volume and revenue isn't going to support it much longer.

Better get back to the table and get serious about bargaining in good faith before your house of cards implodes. Your father must be heartbroke about what you are doing to his company...

Very sad (sigh)...

I say go online and find Home Elegance customers and handbill. We will do it in Portland and I hope you guys in Auburn will do the same. Hopefully as ohfl updates their website we can remove the last testimonial for support.

From Gap customer service,

Thank you for your email about the current dispute between Oak Harbor
and the Teamsters. While we are aware, Gap Inc. is not a party to the
dispute and is not involved in negotiations in any way. We have been
monitoring the situation closely and have strongly urged both parties to
negotiate in good faith and to come to a fair and timely resolution.

Gap Inc. has a long-standing record as a socially responsible company,
and we set very high standards for ourselves as well as the vendors and
suppliers we work with. This has been demonstrated time and again over
the past decade, and is well-documented in our three social
responsibility reports. As guided by our long-standing work in the area
of social responsibility, we know that any rash decisions related to
changing contracts can have immediate and long-lasting impacts on the
suppliers and their employees. For that reason, we feel it?s critical
that we give Oak Harbor and the Teamsters an opportunity to resolve this
matter.

We thank you again for taking the time to contact us about this matter.
For more information about our social responsibility efforts, please
visit our website at gapinc.com.

The gap is so concerned, they must have blisters from copying and pasting this all day long. Black Friday is fast approaching we need to have Teamsters at every Gap Old Navy and Banana Republic across the country.

The gap is so concerned, they must have blisters from copying and pasting this all day long. Black Friday is fast approaching we need to have Teamsters at every Gap Old Navy and Banana Republic across the country.

Gap has always supported what Oak Harbor is doing to
it's employees.

I think this needs to be Black Holidays for Gap Inc.
We had been told to hold off on Gap until we see what
direction they were taking on this situation, that letter
makes it very clear. We needed to hear exactly what
they told us, and this information came directly from
Gap themselves, not second hand information.

Why can't the IBT have all the locals with a Gap get informational picket line set up? I'll stand on line in support of my fellow Teamsters!! I think it needs to be cordinated nationally

Why can't the IBT have all the locals with a Gap get informational picket line set up? I'll stand on line in support of my fellow Teamsters!! I think it needs to be cordinated nationally

splendid idea! The guys on the line will ask international if this can be done.

You little videos are funny.
It would be interesting to follow you guys with a camera for a few days!!
I was a Teamster for 10 years...I saw lots of things far worse from my "brothers" than anything you managed to capture on film!!!

P.S.
My favorite was calling the fire department for the little puddle.
Hope nobody really needed them at the time.

Boycotting Gap and Old Navy still needs to be done
but there others that still have not budged in their
support of these abuses done by Oak Harbor.

Don't Harbor Worker Abuse!
This Christmas, tell JC Penney, Burlington Coat Factory and Sally Beauty Supply: Don't Harbor Worker Abuse!

Don't let JC Penney, Burlington Coat Factory or Sally Beauty Supply support worker and retiree abuses!

Oak Harbor Freight Lines workers in Oregon, Washington and Idaho were forced to strike on September 22 in protest of the freight company's violations of U.S. labor laws, as well as hostile efforts by the company to intimidate workers. A day later, Oak Harbor took the outrageous step of cutting off health care benefits to its workers and retirees. Instead of negotiating with striking workers in good faith, Oak Harbor has imported teams of professional strikebreakers to coerce and scare loyal long-time employees. Workers have been on strike for more than two months now!

Several of Oak Harbor’s largest customers have supported the move to replace striking workers and cut off health care benefits to retirees. REI, Urban Outfitters, and other companies have elected to suspend their relationship with Oak Harbor until the company finds a just and lasting resolution to the ongoing labor dispute. Several faith-based, student, community organizations and global union federations have called on JC Penney, Burlington Coat Factory and Sally Beauty to suspend their relationships with Oak Harbor. Unfortunately, they continue to ignore workers' rights abuses and use Oak Harbor to transport merchandise.

Tell JC Penney, Burlington Coat Factory and Sally Beauty Supply: We won’t stand for worker abuse!

Subject:

Dear [ Decision Maker ],

(Edit Letter Below)

This Christmas season, I plan to shop at stores that respect workers' rights.

I am writing to express my deep dismay about serious workers' rights violations at Oak Harbor Freight Lines, the company that transports merchandise to your stores in the Western region.

On Monday, September 22, 2008, Oak Harbor Freight Lines workers in Oregon, Washington and Idaho were forced to strike in protest of Oak Harbor's violations of America's labor laws, as well as hostile efforts by company representatives to intimidate workers.

Rather than correcting these violations by negotiating with its employees in good faith, Oak Harbor's owners have hired a notorious strike-breaking consulting firm and imported teams of professional strikebreakers to coerce and scare loyal long-time employees. A report by the International Labor Rights Forum found substantial credible evidence that indicates that Oak Harbor has violated workers' rights by, among other actions, pursuing a premeditated plan to permanently replace employees engaged in a lawful strike, by employing a labor contractor that has behaved in a grossly unethical manner toward replacement workers it has provided to Oak Harbor, and by inflicting significant hardship on retired employees through the termination of health insurance contributions.

Several socially responsible companies, including Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI) and Urban Outfitters, have already elected to suspend their relationship with Oak Harbor until the company finds a just and lasting resolution to the ongoing labor dispute. Unfortunately, your company continues to use Oak Harbor to transport merchandise.

Considering these troubling facts, we urge you to join with other socially responsible companies by letting Oak Harbor know that it should resolve its labor dispute and treat its employees fairly.

I was under the impression that GAP dropped OAKH am I wrong?

There is a rumor out about Gap dropping Oak Harbor
but as you can see from a letter written Nov 10 Gap themselves said they were staying with O.H..
There is no need for Gap to have all their sales and
make money through the holidays while we are out around a burn barrel. And yes Gap freight is still moving through O.H.

----- Original Message -----
From: &quot;gap.com Customer Service&quot; <[email protected]>
To:
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: Oak Harbor Freight Lines
(KMM79959111I28583L0KM)

Thank you for your email about the current dispute between Oak Harbor
and the Teamsters. While we are aware, Gap Inc. is not a party to the
dispute and is not involved in negotiations in any way. We have been
monitoring the situation closely and have strongly urged both parties to
negotiate in good faith and to come to a fair and timely resolution.

Gap Inc. has a long-standing record as a socially responsible company,
and we set very high standards for ourselves as well as the vendors and
suppliers we work with. This has been demonstrated time and again over
the past decade, and is well-documented in our three social
responsibility reports. As guided by our long-standing work in the area
of social responsibility, we know that any rash decisions related to
changing contracts can have immediate and long-lasting impacts on the
suppliers and their employees. For that reason, we feel it?s critical
that we give Oak Harbor and the Teamsters an opportunity to resolve this
matter.

We thank you again for taking the time to contact us about this matter.
For more information about our social responsibility efforts, please
visit our website at gapinc.com.

Sincerely,
Maureen Carter
Gap Inc.

Why would Gap or any corporate party care or worry about a few $20 an hour scumbags that struck during the worst financial times in 25 years? A tiny number of the greater Seattle area is even aware of your small little strike.

You are idiots to think your &quot;driver&quot; is the representative of any company. I don't work for your employer, I work for a customer of theirs's and at first we were supportive of you low-lifes but as 2 months have gone by and you still don't see that the International just wants it's blood money out of the healthcare and the pension. UPS would not allow the pension theives to take it away and now the rest of the Teamster contracts will have it removed.

The teamsters took you out without even letting you vote so THEY could have their income. Just ask the idiot organizers if they are being paid while your houses go back?

I know other customers that are sick of your crying through whinning little handouts...they make you look stupid to be on strike during a depression! We have told our former P and D guys NOT to come on our property and if they ever come back to work they WILL not be welcome at our Company.

Please check my other posts...we have supported the drivers...but have come to realize...just like the smart drivers have...you are nuts to be on strike!

I will not be returning to this site again and hope your lives will be ok and that you will learn the union threw you guys under the bus because they can't back down and please don't let that happen. Oak Harbor has moved on past you guys...you been chewed up and spit out by a corporate machine.

Used to love ya lots,

Mary Ann in Tacoma.

Looks like they got us with the injunction. Now we can't do anything.

Let's show em whos the real boss. Our teamster leaders will show the VPs who the real boss is. Let's wait em out Brothers!!!

They are going broke. No bills at all last night in Auburn!

I am a little confused Big Al Teamster, are you an employee that has crossed the line, a Teamster, a customer? I just looked at your previous posts as you suggested, and can't it figure out .

Poor Big Al, Mary or whoever that was. Maybe, breathing into a paper bag might help. If that was someone from management, I can easily understand the tone....PANIC.

Up here in Auburn, things are looking pretty bad for OHFL. The A-team security in the white vans has been replaced by one or two local yokels arriving in beaters. Resonating, empty inbound trailers(very few of them now) can be heard bouncing up to the gate from a block away. Activity is nearly at a standstill. Is the end near?