Yellow | Continue to work or leave ?

Skidmark

TB Lurker
Credits
If extension pass how many of the no voters have the balls to walk away and say wont screw me anymore ? Bet no one will till they have another job lined up. I am voting yes because haven't found anything better or close to paying what I make here driving a forklift at 46 .

If extension pass how many of the no voters have the balls to walk away and say wont screw me anymore ? Bet no one will till they have another job lined up. I am voting yes because haven't found anything better or close to paying what I make here driving a forklift at 46 .

If you find ANYTHING close to what you are making now, (dock only?) let everyone know!!

Don't think its about leaving your job if your tired of the yrc rollercoaster its your right to vote no that's what being a teamster is all about to fight for what is right not letting them bully you into more concessions many men in the past had to strike including myself for better working conditions and contract so you can make your $20 hr. don't think we didn't want our jobs and it didn't take a toll on our families. Eventually we are all going to have to take a stand against yrcw no matter the outcome if we want to ever retire because this madness will never stop with them they will just keep taking as long as we let them.

How about I vote NO and stay anyway. That's what the voting process is for. I didn't vote for the clown in the white house but I still stayed in the country. I will stand up on my feet and if my side loses, live to fight another day. Others took a stand at one time and that is why YOU can make a living out of driving a forklift at 46.

Don't think its about leaving your job if your tired of the yrc rollercoaster its your right to vote no that's what being a teamster is all about to fight for what is right not letting them bully you into more concessions many men in the past had to strike including myself for better working conditions and contract so you can make your $20 hr. don't think we didn't want our jobs and it didn't take a toll on our families. Eventually we are all going to have to take a stand against yrcw no matter the outcome if we want to ever retire because this madness will never stop with them they will just keep taking as long as we let them.
Plus the fact at the age alot of us are at it has taken a toll on our bodies also. Most of us have given this company the pain & sweat to keep this thing going and what will we have to show for it???

The next generation will not charge us for what we've done; they will charge and condemn us for what we have left undone, because we gave into what was gained:mad::cuss:

Everyone will vote their own best interest. The insinuation and name calling is childish. Vote yes, vote no, either way just be sure that it is YOUR opinion. There is no proposal as yet. When there is evaluate it well and vote. I'm sick and tired of others insulting those of differing opinions. I've stated several times, no pension improvements will cause me to vote no. You need to decide for yourself. I have.

I don't wish for anyone to leave. Vote and live with the outcome. But nobody needs to leave unless you can better your situation. Every man working at YRC, Holland and New Penn have earned their right to this process.

I walked away a year ago without a job lined up . Guess what I found one $20.00 per hour and 7:30- 4:00 hours best move that I ever made .
Now I have a life instead of working 12+ hours everyday .
THERE IS LIFE AFTER THIS RAT HOLE!!

About the same chance as you quitting if a no vote gets a better deal for everybody.see how that works?

i will do a search as soon i can get my pension. a few other dominos have to fall. tired of the drama of constant need to re-open settled contracts. think we could re-open one that sucked that we agreed to?

Everyone will vote their own best interest. The insinuation and name calling is childish. Vote yes, vote no, either way just be sure that it is YOUR opinion. There is no proposal as yet. When there is evaluate it well and vote. I'm sick and tired of others insulting those of differing opinions. I've stated several times, no pension improvements will cause me to vote no. You need to decide for yourself. I have.

What childish "name calling" are you referring to on this thread? And I'm surprised you didn't "like" #6.

It`s hard to believe that any teamsters will post how they are going to vote before there is something to vote on. You know that YRC management probably spends more time monitoring truckingboards than most teamsters. Telling them how you`re going to vote will help determine how bad of an offer they can make and still get it approved by the rank and file. If the teamsters of the 40s,50s and 60s operated like this, you would be making minimum wage with no health ins. or pension.

It`s hard to believe that any teamsters will post how they are going to vote before there is something to vote on. You know that YRC management probably spends more time monitoring truckingboards than most teamsters. Telling them how you`re going to vote will help determine how bad of an offer they can make and still get it approved by the rank and file. If the teamsters of the 40s,50s and 60s operated like this, you would be making minimum wage with no health ins. or pension.

Point taken. But do you really think the company can get a real perspective on just a handful of posters? And who's to say what the Teamsters from the 40s, 50s and 60s would've operated like if social media was around?

Last edited by a moderator:

Point taken. But do you really think the company can get a real perspective on just a handful of posters? And who's to say what the Teamsters from the 40s, 50s and 60s would've operated like if social media was around?

What is the difference between a "random" phone survey and a look at an informational chat board.

What is the difference between a "random" phone survey and a look at an informational chat board.

Enlighten us. Is a "random" phone survey the old school way of finding out what the bargain unit employee was thinking back then? I wasn't around. (not being sarcastic).

Yep, and they are on here all the time...along with analysts and customers...."When You Want To Know Whats Going On".....KK