Estes | contract drivers...

dpog28

TB Lurker
Credits
Im extra board driver, don't mind being out 5 days, but when your getting 320 miles and being put to bed because there isn't "any freight" just remember when they tell you this and you see a contractor team they're guaranteed 5000 miles 2500 a driver whether they drive or not. I understand you need some contractors to help fill the void, but typical.estes they wanna flood the freight lanes w/ these contractors. I get it it's cost effective but at the same time guarantee estes employees 2500 miles a week. Plus getting out after my 10 come fri/sat getting longer and longer. Extra board drivers, what are y'all thought??

Welcome to estes,line haul doesn' t care who moves the freight.At my barn (225) they have all kind PT. CRST, TLI, ALFA, IBT, SHNEIDER,....

Welcome to estes,line haul doesn' t care who moves the freight.At my barn (225) they have all kind PT. CRST, TLI, ALFA, IBT, SHNEIDER,....

Yeah, same @089. It's almost like there trying to do away w/ the extraboard and just willing to sub-contract it all out.

Many extra board drivers have being calling central last couple of months ,and talking to Steve about low miles here on the west,and all of them were told same thing that they are scaling back on P.T.,i just don't see them doing anything ,until they start loosing drivers in big numbers.

Many extra board drivers have being calling central last couple of months ,and talking to Steve about low miles here on the west,and all of them were told same thing that they are scaling back on P.T.,i just don't see them doing anything ,until they start loosing drivers in big numbers.
That was my deal. Low miles, long laydowns, terminal clerks talk to you like trash. They lost me after 7 years extraboard. Wish the best for all of you still there, but I hope someone in charge is paying attention to this.

Doesnt anybody look at previous post, this is not new Estes has done this for years, thats why after losing linehaul runs, getting more hub runs and then dealing with Extraboard sucked, better jobs out there, thats why I finally left after 13 years, tired of the Category bullcrap, and I dont bend over for nobody.