TForce | Contract Information!

The medical cost for families. The sick leave{3 days} The pension plan staying the same.
Vacation 4 weeks after 25 years.
There's more but I'm tired I've been at this most the day.

The medical part of the contract is to vague to really understand. I believe that most union compaines have the same vacation or less. The sick leave could be better, but I never got any money from the old ovnt sick policy. What I need to see is stronger senority rights. this thing is a bit fuzzy.

Never happened at my place 0-4. The tm didn't like them and that was it.

The tm of the facility is never on the peer review board maybe they deserved to be fired, I have been selected to be on peer review boards twice and the process is fair, it is always 3 salary and 3 hourly payed employees, as I stsaed in another thread if we vote union the 6 people at the table are still gonna be there.

How will ths change if were union?

The medical cost for families. The sick leave{3 days} The pension plan staying the same.

First skeeter, THANK YOU!!! Secondly.....OMG,WTF were they doing for a year? The medical blows!!! Don't get sick and need surgery. Sad, very sad. I also understand that this is a draft so parts are missing, but I ask any NMFA brothers or sisters this.......Would you vote this in to replace your contract? :biglaugh:
Oh as far as attracting FDXF or CF good luck with this crap!!!
My opinion is we need representation, and a better yet, a NMFA contract. Anything less is bogus.
I am heading to the hall today to listen to the one liners. Having been a Teamster for 15yrs before, I find this very hard to swallow. As a matter of fact I think I feel it coming up!!! :puke:

Skeeter, Is this correct 4 weeks after 25 years. Thats an automatic $1500.00 per year loss for some of us! We already get 4 weeks after 15 years completed.

THANKS SKEETER I just downloaded and read over everything. From what I can see this is still an improvement over what we have now. OT after 8, seniority rules, Guaranteed 8hrs. per day, 1hr for lunch, these are all things we said we wanted. If they do something with the pension at the first of the year it will be an ok first contract. Lets build on it from here. We all know management will throw us under the bus in a second to save their own butts. We need representation.

THANKS SKEETER I just downloaded and read over everything. From what I can see this is still an improvement over what we have now. OT after 8, seniority rules, Guaranteed 8hrs. per day, 1hr for lunch, these are all things we said we wanted. If they do something with the pension at the first of the year it will be an ok first contract. Lets build on it from here. We all know management will throw us under the bus in a second to save their own butts. We need representation.

I agree, the 40 hour guarantee is a huge part of this deal, and hours over 10 a day do not count towards the 40 hours per week. and some double time if work performed on the 7th consecutive day. This will force the local management to finally work with us to establish some consistant work schedules. They will still have to meet there production numbers and give the top 90% of drivers 40 hours a week. Without our help they will fail at this.Less guys will sit home and you will have a lighter work load to get you done by 8hours, this is a good thing for a man or women with a family. Less OT over all, but that has been cut sharply at our place already.:1036316054:

The tm of the facility is never on the peer review board maybe they deserved to be fired, I have been selected to be on peer review boards twice and the process is fair, it is always 3 salary and 3 hourly payed employees, as I stsaed in another thread if we vote union the 6 people at the table are still gonna be there.

They can't intimidate a Teamster Business Agent like they could a regular employee who sat in the board. There is nothing they could do to a BA. From reading the threads here in the last few years I can see that seniority was violated regularly, new trucks were sometimes given to the boss's buddy, etc.....they could have also picked the workers side of the review board from known Company men who might side with them.

The employee now will have a Business Agent and a Steward to help present his/her case instead of being there all alone. It will be a much fairer process.

:1036316054:
They can't intimidate a Teamster Business Agent like they could a regular employee who sat in the board. There is nothing they could do to a BA. From reading the threads here in the last few years I can see that seniority was violated regularly, new trucks were sometimes given to the boss's buddy, etc.....they could have also picked the workers side of the review board from known Company men who might side with them.

The employee now will have a Business Agent and a Steward to help present his/her case instead of being there all alone. It will be a much fairer process.
Amen!

I have seen who has been selected from our terminal and they were nothing but YES MEN all they ever said was yes to management.
They feared for their jobs and would never do anything unless management told them first.

Gentlemen, I think that your best bet is to wait until the actual contract is published. As far as I know and I have just checked around my circle of reliable sources, and as far as they know is that the official copy is yet to be published. There is many legal issues concerning the publication of contracts without first going through the proper motions. While what you guys are looking at may not be exactly what you expected, is because it is from what I am reading, is incomplete. Please relax and be confident there has been an enormous amount of effort into the construction of your agreement.

Mikey, I think the details of the freight contract hinge on whether or not the parcel contract is ratified. Their contract was overwhelmingly endorced by all the locals. It was presented to the employees 10-11-07. They will vote by mail. They expect the results by early december. I personally believe if the members approve the pullout from the central states pension fund, then the freight contract details will be sweeter. Just a guess. Elvis out....

I have seen who has been selected from our terminal and they were nothing but YES MEN all they ever said was yes to management.
They feared for their jobs and would never do anything unless management told them first.
Same for the smith trainers, once the managers realized the cost of training they grabbed there must trusted ''yes man'and cut the training to a minimum.

Does anyone see any improvement with the UPS Freight contract ? Giving up company match in 401K is absurd for a BILLION dollar company ! Can anyone afford to give up THOUSANDS of dollars for these so called wage increases . In five years we will still be in the same wage neighborhood give or take $1.50 . I bet the parcel division will not give up 401k company match !

Does anyone see any improvement with the UPS Freight contract ? Giving up company match in 401K is absurd for a BILLION dollar company ! Can anyone afford to give up THOUSANDS of dollars for these so called wage increases . In five years we will still be in the same wage neighborhood give or take $1.50 . I bet the parcel division will not give up 401k company match !
they don't get a match.

First skeeter, THANK YOU!!! Secondly.....OMG,WTF were they doing for a year? The medical blows!!! Don't get sick and need surgery. Sad, very sad. I also understand that this is a draft so parts are missing, but I ask any NMFA brothers or sisters this.......Would you vote this in to replace your contract? :biglaugh:
Oh as far as attracting FDXF or CF good luck with this crap!!!
My opinion is we need representation, and a better yet, a NMFA contract. Anything less is bogus.
I am heading to the hall today to listen to the one liners. Having been a Teamster for 15yrs before, I find this very hard to swallow. As a matter of fact I think I feel it coming up!!! :puke:

Thank you that is what I wanted to hear.

Mikey, I think the details of the freight contract hinge on whether or not the parcel contract is ratified. Their contract was overwhelmingly endorced by all the locals. It was presented to the employees 10-11-07. They will vote by mail. They expect the results by early december. I personally believe if the members approve the pullout from the central states pension fund, then the freight contract details will be sweeter. Just a guess. Elvis out....
Elvis I agree with you. this is what I :1036316054: suggested yesterday. I have no proof of this it is just speculation but I think the reason they did not negotiate a new pension is that maybe we will all be in the new IBT/UPS pension fund if it is approved by parcel.

I ask any NMFA brothers or sisters this.......Would you vote this in to replace your contract?
Hugnlug,
No, I wouldn't vote this to replace the NMFA. I would point out though that the NMFA is always a work in progress and has been for decades now. I'm sure that the original NMFA lacked many things that were of real importance to the members back then. And there are still things today that we don't get that we wish we could. It will always be that way. It's the nature of give and take.

I would have guessed that the insurance would have been free to the employees other than co-pays, etc. The 401K match thing should be an indication that UPS will cut that out completely to all whether or not they join the Teamsters. I'm not aware of any Union Freight Company that matches any 401K. I've never seen such a large gain in pay in any Contract.

Outside looking in I can honestly say that I'd rather have this than nothing at all....especially when you consider that UPS is who you're dealing with. You guys/gals still haven't seen how they really operate. It's not pretty.

Anyone wanting information on the contract PM me with an email address. I'll have to send it in three emails. I have it in three files.

Skeeter, It is a waste of time sending this contract to people. This contract only pertains to the Indy employee's. The employee's of Indy have designed this contract to meet their needs. This is NOT the contract that employee's have to accept. With suppliments added, the employee's can desighn this contract to fit their most Important issues.