TForce | Contract Language for UPSF

Accelerator said:
So who is to say we are jumping the gun by protecting ourselves in a new contract?
Accel,
I'm not saying you're jumping the gun at all. I fully expect that your concerns will be addressed.....I was saying above that it appeared that some.....not necessarily you, were digging for negative items to maybe attempt to dissuade others from seeing the many benefits of joining the Teamsters. I think you're smart to be concerned about any and all aspects of your new Contract.

stldude44 said:
Accel,
I'm not saying you're jumping the gun at all. I fully expect that your concerns will be addressed.....I was saying above that it appeared that some.....not necessarily you, were digging for negative items to maybe attempt to dissuade others from seeing the many benefits of joining the Teamsters. I think you're smart to be concerned about any and all aspects of your new Contract.
That is my concern. I am the one who will have to live with this contract. It is my life and my family that I am concerned about. I thought this was what this board was for to ask questions. Sorry for asking.

BusterNite said:
You are correct, That is exactly what their strategy is, To negoitiate a strong contract for one group (Indy) and this will answer many questions the employees might have about the union and then will take this victory and build momentum at other terminals.
Can we assume that, this will be a national contract, with supplementals for each area for other concerns?

CFer said:
I gotta agree with you stldude, I've never seen the process go from ratification to negotiations this fast.
It looks to me like both sides are putting this on the fast track to get it resolved.
I'd assume they are pretty much taking almost everthing from the nmfa, and tweaking it, not really much to do really. So why wouldn't it be quick?:shades:

Just wondering, if you guys (UPSF) were bought, how would you feel if your senority was put at the bottom of the other company?

stldude44 said:
Accel,
STL,
I just saw this on another chat room:
TDU is correct on this as I just called CS direct and asked the representative and she verified that these new allocations are for new hires only. I asked if any adjustment at all was made to the payouts to someone like myself who had 25 years and she told me "No, there has been no change to the payouts of currently vested employees."

So let's understand this folks and you Freight guys need to understand this as well. They took our contractual guaranteed health coverage allocations raise for 2004', 2005, and 2006' and move them over to the pension to help an employee who in most respects doesn't even work under the coverage at this very moment.

Let that sink in real good!

Is this true????

bamaboy said:
STL,
TDU is correct on this as I just called CS direct and asked the representative and she verified that these new allocations are for new hires only. I asked if any adjustment at all was made to the payouts to someone like myself who had 25 years and she told me "No, there has been no change to the payouts of currently vested employees."

So let's understand this folks and you Freight guys need to understand this as well. They took our contractual guaranteed health coverage allocations raise for 2004', 2005, and 2006' and move them over to the pension to help an employee who in most respects doesn't even work under the coverage at this very moment.

Let that sink in real good!

Is this true????
Not sure if I'm getting this right, but are you talking about the unions allocation of money for H&W and Pension? If so, that goes back and forth all the time, Part of the new money goes one way or another. If that is correct, I'll elaborate more.

wassesname said:
I have been saying, (in my posts) all along that we are all new hires at UPS.
Well your a company with a new name. You really aren't losing any of your senority with that change.

stldude44 said:
What if? What if? If I didn't know better I'd say some of you guys are really reaching for anything in an attempt to scare some of the others.......you'd end up being much better protected as a Teamster than you would being totally at the mercy of the Company....but it's a moot point. As you've seen from all of the buyouts lately the buyer continues to run the newly aquired Company as a seperate unit. There's no reason to think anything UPS MIGHT do in the future as far as aquisitions go will be any different. Ask yourself this......could another major Company fit in under the roof of your barn? Is UPS gonna fork over hundreds of millions to build the giant terminals that would be needed to merge 2 big Companies under one roof everywhere there's a terminal? The answer is no.

Not trying to scare anyone. It was a legitimate question that came up. Since this is the place for questions, we asked. We were hoping the Indy guys would see it and keep it in their minds. Most of us here are former teamsters on withdrawl and are eager to start anew. This is a new game and we are the new players with the hand being dealt. We agree that any buyouts would be years down the road. As stated by others here, we are starting out on the ground floor and are only looking for the best for us,our familys and our fellow brothers and sisters. I can't tell you where I am located, but it has gone very well. We are waiting like eveyone else for good news from Indy. Sorry if I affended anybody

serta said:
Can we assume that, this will be a national contract, with supplementals for each area for other concerns?

Suppliment's will be added per local, this will also be a tweaked contract . but time will tell.

serta said:
Yes, This will be a national master contract within Upsf. Similar to the NMFA with some changes. This will be the same for the company wide operation. And then their will be suppliments and ammendments to the contract which will benifit you in the area of your origin.

bamaboy said:
STL,
Is this true????

Bamaboy,
Anybody can post whatever they want to on the internet. You seem to be stuck on finding negative things that someone has alleged. I can tell you that I don't personally put any faith in TDU as they are only negative about almost every issue, in my opinion. They throw out all sorts of bad info hoping that members will buy into it. It's their way to have the power again like they did in the 90's. It's negative campaigning at it's worst, as all politics is nowdays.

bamaboy said:
That is my concern. I am the one who will have to live with this contract. It is my life and my family that I am concerned about. I thought this was what this board was for to ask questions. Sorry for asking.
No need to be sorry....I'm sure this will all be addressed in your new Contract.......is it being addressed without a Contract? I don't think so. But again, I don't see how UPS could buy another Company and stick it under your roof unless all of your terminals are twice as big as they need to be.

wassesname said:
I like how some people post their opinions in the form of a fact.

This is a direct quote from the hall, if you were referring to my comment. "No one knows what the finalized contract will be but suppliment's and amendment's per local will exist".

When the contract is final, how will we get to see it in its entirety?

Will it be e-mailed by Teamsters website or how will we it be distributed?

steve5 said:
When the contract is final, how will we get to see it in its entirety?

Will it be e-mailed by Teamsters website or how will we it be distributed?
It could be either way Steve. One way or another I'm sure it'll be posted for all to see once it's finalized.