ABF | Contract proposal

OldTeamster

TB Lurker
Credits
The proposal has been done for weeks. Ernie has ran it to the end so looked like he’s been negotiating for the Members . The offer isn’t going to be what your expecting. He’s (Ernie) seen the obstacles the company has to overcome. Healthcare is going to be a tough one to over come.
Good Luck Brothers

The proposal has been done for weeks. Ernie has ran it to the end so looked like he’s been negotiating for the Members . The offer isn’t going to be what your expecting. He’s (Ernie) seen the obstacles the company has to overcome. Healthcare is going to be a tough one to over come.
Good Luck Brothers

I agree with you Old Teamster... I think many will be disappointed when the Tentative Agreement finally does come out. You can bet there's a good reason why everyone is being tight lipped right now which IMO...doesn't fair too well for the members.

Good Luck Brothers
The Central States Health fund has a 19 month surplus and over a BILLION dollars in escrow. No the health fund is doing really well.

This has nothing to do with Central state fund escrow or surplus. It has all to do with the cost of health insurance to the company.Dont be surprised if (they) the company asks for help to cover the cost.

This has nothing to do with Central state fund escrow or surplus. It has all to do with the cost of health insurance to the company.Dont be surprised if (they) the company asks for help to cover the cost.
Personally I won't be surpised if the company asks us to pay something on our health insurance but I will be surprised if the union agrees to bring it to the members. The union has stood firm on this for numerous contracts.

Not this time. It has not increased as much as you may think. PM Freightmaster he can give you the numbers.YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Personally I won't be surpised if the company asks us to pay something on our health insurance but I will be surprised if the union agrees to bring it to the members. The union has stood firm on this for numerous contracts.
You are correct on the standing firm on the not paying for our monthly premiums. But remember we have had raises in our deductibles and our co pay over the years. Co pay is now $20.00 our major medical deductible has risen over the last several years and that is how the union helps to keep the company cost down.

What do you think the company pays for your insurance? And how much do you think it has gone up over the last ten years?

If I may say something that I think gets lost in the shuffle. When we pick up a shipment the cost that abf gives the customer for hauling it includes our pension and health care cost. Every shipment has a portion of it's cost is earmarked for our wages and benefits. They have actuaries figure all this out before agreeing on a contract with us. Yes they would like to not have this cost but it is what it is when you own a union carrier. And they still turn a really good profit. And yes the 19 month surplus and BILLION dollars in escrow does mean abf will not be paying inflated rates.It is such a good deal on insurance that ups came back into Central States health fund. Hope this help ease your mind some. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

From what I'm hearing from what the leadership is saying how everyone will like the agreement... I'm expecting it to be actually pretty favorable for the most part... but... and there's that word that changes everything... there's going to be at the very least one item that will make it as unfavorable as much as all the other things combined that made it favorable.

But you can bet that the IBT will be selling it by highlighting the positives while avoiding the negatives. Oh... how I can hear it now when someone dares to make a big issue about the negatives... "Just what do you guy want... we worked very hard to get you all this and you're still not happy"

"Just be happy you got a job"!

I just hope that after the agreement is revealed... it proves me wrong and if that ends up being the case... I'd be more than happy to come here and admit that I was wrong and give credit to where credit is due.

Well I can say the cost has gone up about $600 over Ten years . The monthly cost is almost $1500 a month. Central seems to be set up different than the West. We have a administrator that over sees and collects the money from carriers. Remember company is complaining about healthcare not for what they pay. It’s what the Nons don’t pay, that cost is huge try to level that playing field

They do in the pricing. That is why we gave to Work three days a week in order for them to profit enough off us to pay it. And it’s more like 1300.00.

We will be fine I promise.

Well I can say the cost has gone up about $600 over Ten years . The monthly cost is almost $1500 a month. Central seems to be set up different than the West. We have a administrator that over sees and collects the money from carriers. Remember company is complaining about healthcare not for what they pay. It’s what the Nons don’t pay, that cost is huge try to level that playing field

I could see them asking for us to pay part of the healthcare cost for giving us our vacation back. Remember they wanted something of equal cost in exchange for vacation return. I can say NO with a good heart.

It’s crazy how kids starting out are not going to the Union carriers anymore This was the premium job you could never get you foot in the door. If you did it was like winning the lottery.

Now days people starting in this business don’t so much care about the pension, work rules and healthcare which is so important to us. That comes at a cost .

Here where I’m at

OD heard $27
Estees $26
R-L. $26
That also comes with no overtime
No work rules
Between $75 -$300 Healthcare

This is the new generation that we’re competing with. It’s about today $$$ coins in your pocket

Rule of Thumb , just like the Qrt stock numbers , IF it's after market closes it's bad news and if it before market opens its good news & are talking about , so by keeping it QUIET it's maybe going be ugly , plus its Erine's 1st time at this too !

It’s crazy how kids starting out are not going to the Union carriers anymore This was the premium job you could never get you foot in the door. If you did it was like winning the lottery.

Now days people starting in this business don’t so much care about the pension, work rules and healthcare which is so important to us. That comes at a cost .

Here where I’m at

OD heard $27
Estees $26
R-L. $26
That also comes with no overtime
No work rules
Between $75 -$300 Healthcare

This is the new generation that we’re competing with. It’s about today $$$ coins in your pocket

Last i heard, OD is over 28 an hr up here, so is fedex. R&l is up there, xpo, a duie pyle, and ward, all over 26 an hour.

At least you guys have a head on your shoulders, seems like a majority of yrc drivers are ok getting screwed, as long as they get to pick which way. Is it just me, or shouldn't it be, that if fedex can just give away 29 an hour, you should be able to beat that with a union?

I just hope everyboby remembers what all ArcBest gained and the ABF Teamsters lost by accepting that 2013 contract and keep that in mind when reviewing the tentative agreement when it is revealed...

The average employee gave back $1,368 from Nov 2013 to April 2014 without overtime. Gave back $2,621 from April 2014 to April 2015. Gave back $1,664 from April 2015 to April 2016. Gave back $478 from April 2016 to April 2017. That's $6,131 that the average ABF employee gave back without overtime in wages for the last four years. Times that by 7500 ABF employees and you get $45,982,500 that the employees gave back in the last 4 years.

Now let's move on to the vacations. The average employee will lose $5,497 for giving back those 5 weeks vacations lost during the contact years. That's $41,227,500 more given back by the employees. That makes $87,210,000 that the ABF employees will have given back during the contract just in wages and vacations.

Just that in itself pays for the $25,000,000 spent for Logistics & Distribution Services in 2016... the $26,000,000 spent for Bear Transportation in 2015... the $5,170,000 spent for Smart Lines in 2015 and the $30,000,000 being spent on the new headquarters. Those all add up to $86,170,000 and when you subtract that from the $87,210,000 that the employees gave back just in wages and vacations... ArcBest still comes out $1,040,000 ahead. And we're still not done by even a long shot... just one instance more without even getting into all the savings the company made by the changes made with the local rule changes and purchased transportation... and that would be...

The amount of money that ArcBest should of been paying out if it wouldn't of been spewing out all the lies and deceit just to get this concessionary contract passed so the employees would end up having to foot the bill for all these companies they were planning to purchase and the new headquaters. For argument's sake... let's use the modest pay raise scale we got in the 2008 contract which is $.50...$.40...$.45...$.40...$.45 respectively. That would of been $1,040 per average employee without overtime that should of been made in 2013...$832 in 2014...$936 in 2015...$832 in 2016 and $936 in 2017. That's a total of $4,576 extra per average employee without overtime for the life of the contract. Again... times that by 7500 employees and you get another $34,320,000 that the company saved by all the lies and deception. Add that to the $1,040,000 that ArcBest had left after buying Logistics & Distribution Services... Bear Transportation... Smart Lines and the new headquarters and you get another $35,360,000 to play with after all those purchases. Let me also add... the current hourly wage should be $26.63.

So... just what does ArcBest think about how they are going to spend all this extra money made over and above the costs of those 3 companies and the new headquarters? I'll tell you what I think Judy and company thought... and that is... let's go on a shopping spree since we never even dreamed those damn gullible fool ABF freight employees would just give us everything we wanted. And Judy say's... let's get my new daughter... Panther a new headquarters too. After all... my step daughter... ABF Freight is getting Arcbest's hand-me-down headquarters so it only seems right that her 'real' daughter get a new one. So ArcBest spends another $13,000,000 for a new headquarters for Panther in 2015. But that still leaves $22,360,000 so let's say that the ABF Freight employees are also paying the $600,000 annual tab to run the medical clinic that ArcBest opened up in 2014 so let's tack on another $2,400,000 of the employee's money which still leaves $19,960,000 to divide up as bonuses amongst ArcBest's corporate officers.

So... the way I look at it... the ABf freight employees are paying the tab to run ArcBest's medical clinic... bought Logistics & Distribution Services... Bear Transportation... Smart Lines... ArcBest's new headquarters... Panther's new headquarters and handing out hefty bonuses to those who set out to intentionally screw them. That's what keeps the 'no' voter up at night and the 'yes' voter should be ashamed of and wanting to rectify come 2018!!!

And we sure can't forget that when it comes to ArcBest... they're a master when it comes to persuasion and deception. Like in this October article about trucking companies wages rising in 2017. Arcbest made sure they let everyone know how generous they were being along with everyone else...

Analyst says trucking companies may see income rise almost 30% in 2018

On July 1, ABF Freight, a subsidiary of Fort Smith-based ArcBest, implemented a 2.5% wage increase for its union employees, spokeswoman Kathy Fieweger said.

https://talkbusiness.net/2017/10/an...panies-may-see-income-rise-almost-30-in-2018/

What they don't tell everyone is that even after adding that 2.5% newly implemented wage increase that it's only a 1.5% increase since the 2013 wage!!!

Give Ernie A Call Today.....
nTbIqGU.jpg