ABF | Contract proposal

I just hope everyboby remembers what all ArcBest gained and the ABF Teamsters lost by accepting that 2013 contract and keep that in mind when reviewing the tentative agreement when it is revealed...

The average employee gave back $1,368 from Nov 2013 to April 2014 without overtime. Gave back $2,621 from April 2014 to April 2015. Gave back $1,664 from April 2015 to April 2016. Gave back $478 from April 2016 to April 2017. That's $6,131 that the average ABF employee gave back without overtime in wages for the last four years. Times that by 7500 ABF employees and you get $45,982,500 that the employees gave back in the last 4 years.

Now let's move on to the vacations. The average employee will lose $5,497 for giving back those 5 weeks vacations lost during the contact years. That's $41,227,500 more given back by the employees. That makes $87,210,000 that the ABF employees will have given back during the contract just in wages and vacations.

Just that in itself pays for the $25,000,000 spent for Logistics & Distribution Services in 2016... the $26,000,000 spent for Bear Transportation in 2015... the $5,170,000 spent for Smart Lines in 2015 and the $30,000,000 being spent on the new headquarters. Those all add up to $86,170,000 and when you subtract that from the $87,210,000 that the employees gave back just in wages and vacations... ArcBest still comes out $1,040,000 ahead. And we're still not done by even a long shot... just one instance more without even getting into all the savings the company made by the changes made with the local rule changes and purchased transportation... and that would be...

The amount of money that ArcBest should of been paying out if it wouldn't of been spewing out all the lies and deceit just to get this concessionary contract passed so the employees would end up having to foot the bill for all these companies they were planning to purchase and the new headquaters. For argument's sake... let's use the modest pay raise scale we got in the 2008 contract which is $.50...$.40...$.45...$.40...$.45 respectively. That would of been $1,040 per average employee without overtime that should of been made in 2013...$832 in 2014...$936 in 2015...$832 in 2016 and $936 in 2017. That's a total of $4,576 extra per average employee without overtime for the life of the contract. Again... times that by 7500 employees and you get another $34,320,000 that the company saved by all the lies and deception. Add that to the $1,040,000 that ArcBest had left after buying Logistics & Distribution Services... Bear Transportation... Smart Lines and the new headquarters and you get another $35,360,000 to play with after all those purchases. Let me also add... the current hourly wage should be $26.63.

So... just what does ArcBest think about how they are going to spend all this extra money made over and above the costs of those 3 companies and the new headquarters? I'll tell you what I think Judy and company thought... and that is... let's go on a shopping spree since we never even dreamed those damn gullible fool ABF freight employees would just give us everything we wanted. And Judy say's... let's get my new daughter... Panther a new headquarters too. After all... my step daughter... ABF Freight is getting Arcbest's hand-me-down headquarters so it only seems right that her 'real' daughter get a new one. So ArcBest spends another $13,000,000 for a new headquarters for Panther in 2015. But that still leaves $22,360,000 so let's say that the ABF Freight employees are also paying the $600,000 annual tab to run the medical clinic that ArcBest opened up in 2014 so let's tack on another $2,400,000 of the employee's money which still leaves $19,960,000 to divide up as bonuses amongst ArcBest's corporate officers.

So... the way I look at it... the ABf freight employees are paying the tab to run ArcBest's medical clinic... bought Logistics & Distribution Services... Bear Transportation... Smart Lines... ArcBest's new headquarters... Panther's new headquarters and handing out hefty bonuses to those who set out to intentionally screw them. That's what keeps the 'no' voter up at night and the 'yes' voter should be ashamed of and wanting to rectify come 2018!!!
Don't forget about the fancy uniforms, courtesy of the 2013 contract also. Handmade in Nicaragua and Guatemala. What a joke! Desert storm troops punching into work...

Two man committee meeting Apr 12, 2018 in Chicago.

Officers to Review ABF Tentative Agreement April 12

The International Union has set a meeting for April 12 in Chicago where local officers from all ABF locals will review the proposed tentative national contract.

We will make the entire tentative agreement available at that time, for members to review and discuss.

One issue of concern may be a proposed freeze of pension contributions by the company at the current level, for the life of the contract.

This would not affect benefits in the Central State Fund, which does not require employers to increase their contributions, if they are already in the highest level of benefits. But for some pension plans, this could create big problems.

The New England Fund requires employers to increase their pension contributions by 8 percent each year. ABF Teamsters there could be at risk of losing their early retirement benefits and being forced to work to age 64 to get their full pension.

There are already rumblings of a Vote No movement coming out of New England. ABF Teamsters covered by other pension plans could face problems, too.

The devil will be in the contract details, which the Hoffa administration is keeping a secret from the members until the two-person meeting.

ABF Teamsters are waiting to see what is in the deal regarding make-up wages for the 7% wage cut taken in the last contract, and the lost vacation week. Subcontracting road jobs to “purchased transportation” is also a major issue.

http://www.tdu.org/officers_to_revie...ement_april_12

I’m hearing they are offering a nice raise and vacation will be restored but not till NEXT year. I guess we will soon see if this is rumor or fact.

Here's what it would take for me to even consider taking accepting anything as far as the wages are concerned.

Either an immediate $3.59 an hour hike which is 14.7% of the 2013 wage and what Judy's hike in salary was since 2013. And why not... I think it's only fitting now seeing how she was always flapping her gums every chance she got back in 2010 and 2013 about all that "equal sacrifice" BS. I think it's about time we start making her live up to all her BS promises so she thinks twice next time.

Or... at the very least... an immediate $2.20 an hour hike which was the modest raise over the life of the 2008 contract. After all... that's where we should be now if it wasn't for all the lies and deception used to trick the members into giving up the 7% and so much more in order to get that last contract passed. I think it's about time we start making her be responsible for telling lies and deceiving her employees the way she does. She made her bed... so now let's make her lie in it!

The International Union has set a meeting for April 12 in Chicago where local officers from all ABF locals will review the proposed tentative national contract.

We will make the entire tentative agreement available at that time, for members to review and discuss.

One issue of concern may be a proposed freeze of pension contributions by the company at the current level, for the life of the contract.

This would not affect benefits in the Central State Fund, which does not require employers to increase their contributions, if they are already in the highest level of benefits. But for some pension plans, this could create big problems.

The New England Fund requires employers to increase their pension contributions by 8 percent each year. ABF Teamsters there could be at risk of losing their early retirement benefits and being forced to work to age 64 to get their full pension.

There are already rumblings of a Vote No movement coming out of New England. ABF Teamsters covered by other pension plans could face problems, too.

The devil will be in the contract details, which the Hoffa administration is keeping a secret from the members until the two-person meeting.

ABF Teamsters are waiting to see what is in the deal regarding make-up wages for the 7% wage cut taken in the last contract, and the lost vacation week. Subcontracting road jobs to “purchased transportation” is also a major issue.

The teamsters have to do this, even the slightest whisper of a strike will cause a huge exodus of business that will not return....
My guess is this is a stall by the union to get more time for a better deal.

Good luck,, Fed Ex Freight is giving out 'nice' driver wage increases.....

Remember it’s not a raise until you get back to where you were. If the offer was appealing it would’ve been brought to members sooner.

I'm not a mathematician but $1.60 over 5 years is $0.32 a year. Not much of a raise.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out if it turned out to be a $1000 signing bonus with no first year wage increase and $.40 thereafter. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see them selling this as the best contract ever seeing how they thought and still think that the 2013 contract wasn't all that bad.

I agree with LTL Anonymous... it's psychology 101... control the narrative... hold meetings to sell the hell out of it and try to intimidate anyone at that meeting who speaks out against it. Mission accomplished!

If it does turn out to be nothing but a half ass contract... I just hope that all regions will be on board this time around because we all have seen what happened last time when it was only one region involved in the fight.

The Teamsters said its Negotiating Committee did not come to this decision lightly. As national negotiating committee co-chairman Gordon Sweeton said, “We have now arrived at a point where, simply put, there is nothing left to negotiate with this employer and no desire for a strike in the Central Region based on the vote we received yesterday from the affected membership. The responsible course of action is to finalize the agreement.”

https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/artic..._65_million_annual_savings_in_new_teamsters_d

Hle4yb6.jpg

Not a good start! A little over an hour ago on TJC10's Facebook page. Tough to read you'll need your 200/250's. I wonder what part of the agreement ABF and Hoffa sweetened up to think something like this would pass?
Ut2xEVr.jpg