ABF | Contract proposal

Isn’t that a picture of an old ‘Mark 15’ (or whatever they call them) nuclear bomb?
Here's where I went with it! Slim Whitman... Man mad me laugh though that scene came outa nowhere!

mW4sOip.jpg

It’s crazy how kids starting out are not going to the Union carriers anymore This was the premium job you could never get you foot in the door. If you did it was like winning the lottery.

Now days people starting in this business don’t so much care about the pension, work rules and healthcare which is so important to us. That comes at a cost .

Here where I’m at

OD heard $27
Estees $26
R-L. $26
That also comes with no overtime
No work rules
Between $75 -$300 Healthcare

This is the new generation that we’re competing with. It’s about today $$$ coins in your pocket
Not trying to start a pissing match here and I hope you guys and gals get what you want as far as a contract but a few key points here as the non union carries vs the union carriers iv worked at both and the current one does pay overtime in our region and OD also in some regions pay OT from what I’ve heard along with Fedex Freight ,Midwest motor express and Saia and as far as insurance goes me and my family of 4 has full coverage for 89$ a week a single man can get it as low as 26$ a week and if you play your cards right open up a health savings account through the insurance go get a blood test and physical done well that’s money put into that account towards out of pocket that in return you wouldn’t have to pay and there is a couple non unions that provide free health insurance Midwest Motor Express being one of them providing you are a non smoker and work rules and job protection just come in and do your job don’t cause trouble and go home and there’s no issue iv seen more people fired over at YRCW than I have in 11 years at the non union I was at

Not trying to start a pissing match here and I hope you guys and gals get what you want as far as a contract but a few key points here as the non union carries vs the union carriers iv worked at both and the current one does pay overtime in our region and OD also in some regions pay OT from what I’ve heard along with Fedex Freight ,Midwest motor express and Saia and as far as insurance goes me and my family of 4 has full coverage for 89$ a week a single man can get it as low as 26$ a week and if you play your cards right open up a health savings account through the insurance go get a blood test and physical done well that’s money put into that account towards out of pocket that in return you wouldn’t have to pay and there is a couple non unions that provide free health insurance Midwest Motor Express being one of them providing you are a non smoker and work rules and job protection just come in and do your job don’t cause trouble and go home and there’s no issue iv seen more people fired over at YRCW than I have in 11 years at the non union I was at
When I worked at OD in the mid 1980's the insurance was free for single individuals. The main difference between union and non-union seems to be the work rules. I think there is more job protection at a union carrier but because I have never been fired I can only speculate on it.

When I worked at OD in the mid 1980's the insurance was free for single individuals. The main difference between union and non-union seems to be the work rules. I think there is more job protection at a union carrier but because I have never been fired I can only speculate on it.
And even the work rules vary from terminal to terminal. When I was around, Dayton drivers seemed pretty happy; Chicago drivers were just...tired.

But if you come in do your job and go home you have nothing to worry about is the way I look at it and a non union company is not going to hire you just to fire you to get a big laugh out of it but like I said not trying to start anything here and I hope you fellas get what you want for a good contract and don’t back down from Queen Judy and her antics along with the unions antics

I really hope you guys get a good contract as we at UPSF are right behind you in our negotiations. I think it would bode well that the union is going hard for its members, especially with the companies flush with money from congress tax cuts. Most trucking companies have shared this bonanza with workers somewhat by elevating hourly wages to union ballpark or better in some regions so the TEAMSTERS need to hit a homerun with these contracts or really what is the point? Now before someone chooses to flame me for that statement lemme say I am a proud union card member for 36 years, 3 different trades with 20 years Teamsters driving truck being the third. First 10 in package division were good, last 10 LTL with somewhat terrible contracts because they never truly negotiate, just spooky talks than bamm, some crap to ram down the memberships throat with a quick vote without ever returning to the table with the hammer, well Teamster leadership if you can't deliver contracts we deserve than we the brotherhood are gonna send your asses back to get it this round. One way or another it has to BEGIN now with membership voices heard and good contracts delivered. My hope is that ALL Teamster members stand strong in the coming months united for the good contracts we deserve. Good fortune ABF brothers/sisters as never forget strength in numbers.

O