Holland | Contract Time Is Near, Poor Mouth Talk Starting

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
Mr. Billy L. and Mr. Rick S. (regional VP's) were at Louisville Tuesday and Wednesday talking trash. They basically tried to tell us Holland was in dire straits and the future was looking really bad. They told us we'll never get our relay back and don't look for any hiring or callback of laid off people. Can you say contract time is near, they've made millions and millions the last four years but now its time for poor mouth talk. Oh well time will tell.

Mr. Billy L. and Mr. Rick S. (regional VP's) were at Louisville Tuesday and Wednesday talking trash. They basically tried to tell us Holland was in dire straits and the future was looking really bad. They told us we'll never get our relay back and don't look for any hiring or callback of laid off people. Can you say contract time is near, they've made millions and millions the last four years but now its time for poor mouth talk. Oh well time will tell.

Wanna bet that most guys will buy into that.Can you say drink the kool Aid time. I just bet their expense accounts and new cars are never touched.You are right Contract time and these two are typical management types when it comes down to making the workers feel like they are the blaim for everything that seems wrong.

Benny thats weird, they were in ME Wed saying the same stuff. I'll have more on this tonight, got to get to work. GRIZZ

I've heard whining recently about "premium pay and benefits" that they have to pay teamsters. I think yrc is trying to set the stage for contract negotiations.

Well my direct supervisors are kinda pissed that they lost bonuses and raises again this year. And they are none too happy about the whole Vegas thing. I mentioned in another post about how they told us the OR was at 105.

We need to set the stage for them, tell them there won’t be any more bonuses cause we are over staffed in management. Lets get rid of some more of those high cost stuff shirts. Yellow has enough of them to cover it. When they say the operating ratio is high, tell them that YRC is going to cut management, play the game back on them and see how they like it. And also you heard management has to take a pay concession that will go over good.

The benefits may be premium (for now) but the pay is not. Ask around a little bit and I bet you will find a non union ltl driver making more than you are.

I've heard whining recently about "premium pay and benefits" that they have to pay teamsters. I think yrc is trying to set the stage for contract negotiations.

You wish...............

The benefits may be premium (for now) but the pay is not. Ask around a little bit and I bet you will find a non union ltl driver making more than you are.
anytime you wish to fight this BS out lets go. other that that you better take this to the union vs nonunion forum.:chairshot: :nutkick:

anytime you wish to fight this BS out lets go. other that that you better take this to the union vs nonunion forum.:chairshot: :nutkick:

Fight? What?

Union vs non-union?
What?
I simply pointed out that we are not making premium pay like we used to . At least not around here.

What you fail to realize is that Union companies pay PREMIUM for our benefits. The companies don't mind paying decent wages, they hate getting ripped off on the benefits. They feel why should they be paying for past retirees. They would much rather pay into a 401k, also have each driver paying a portion of the health cost. I hope it never happens but to be competitive with the non union carriers it may happen next contract. What I forsee happening next contract is getting a dollar an hour raise, but then turn around and have to pay a dollar or a dollar and a half an hour for insurance.

What you fail to realize is that Union companies pay PREMIUM for our benefits. The companies don't mind paying decent wages, they hate getting ripped off on the benefits. They feel why should they be paying for past retirees. They would much rather pay into a 401k, also have each driver paying a portion of the health cost. I hope it never happens but to be competitive with the non union carriers it may happen next contract. What I forsee happening next contract is getting a dollar an hour raise, but then turn around and have to pay a dollar or a dollar and a half an hour for insurance.

sometimes i think i should just work at a burger joint flipping burgers.....no worries..and no cares....:1036316054:

These numbers can be made to look anyway the companys want them to look.There are guys making big bucks just to do that .

I guess that's what I was trying to say. When they poormouth us and say that they have to compete with the non union companies. I don't think that the non-union carriers are that far behind

Well I for one am now retired and I can tell ya I am the one paying my insurance bill.The teamsters insurance cost me $650.00 per month plus big co-pays.
Stay working don't retire..

What? You had the gall to not die at the steering wheel in the yard after completing your last run?:surprised: :lol:

What? You had the gall to not die at the steering wheel in the yard after completing your last run?:surprised: :lol:

I'm sorry.I just wanted to be a BURDEN to my BROTHER TEAMSTERS. LoL

I guess that's what I was trying to say. When they poormouth us and say that they have to compete with the non union companies. I don't think that the non-union carriers are that far behind

Youre right .. These operating numbers are something the companys (all companys) play with in order to get people to drink more Kool Aid.

Collection

Hey Danny
I put up a coffee can in the drivers room here at S+S gonna subsidize your retirement soon hang in there brother

I'm sorry.I just wanted to be a BURDEN to my BROTHER TEAMSTERS. LoL

Youre right .. These operating numbers are something the companys (all companys) play with in order to get people to drink more Kool Aid.
I hear what your saying dirtball, but the only problem with the powers that be playing with operating ratio's is that the ceo of YRC on down have to answer to the shareholders, and if a company is showing losses when it should not that will effect stock prices and shareholders will not be happy, not to mention people in charge losing their job. I have to agree with you though that something is wrong, Usf had strong numbers in years past and now the company is hitting a brick wall showing losses, I hope YRC does not have something more sinister planned for holland.

I dont know what thier talking about. We are busting at the seems in AL. More new faces than i can keep up with.Im sure it must be a YRC contract move.

same in albany ny holland doing twice the bills as yellow now in same barn with half the men and closing down 2 or 3 hours ahead of yellow I wish yrc would compair our numbers