Holland | Contract Time Is Near, Poor Mouth Talk Starting

Our TM’s boss was in town the other day, I think he was a regional manager, do know for sure but he acted like a big wig. Anyway nothing was said about losing money or high operating ratio, he just want us to work harder and try to get more freight from the competitor, YRC family included.

he just want us to work harder and try to get more freight from the competitor, YRC family included.

We had a sales meeting last week and they said we are back to trying to get interline freight to the west coast. I think they used to call it our "Premier" service. Now that is direct competition with yellow roadway and it's not what we at Holland do best. Just doesn't make any sense. We tried it before YRC and it didn't work, why would it work now? Why would they even WANT it to work?

We have been told the same thing. The differencve before is it is priced to make money and will allow us to take all of our customers 1,2,3 and long haul freight. This is something that Conway,Fedex and most of the non unions can do. Because Roadway and Yellow cannot do next day, we are really not going after their freight. The priority is still next day.

Maybe, just maybe, we in Louisville are working ourselves out of the dog house. We still have 20+ city men laid off but they posted 15 (line-haul) crossover bids today. We have different city and road seniority lists here.They say they are going to start by hiring 10 drivers, off the street, if no city men cross over. A lot of the men laid off have already gone to Yellow, Roadway and ABF. We're getting a little more relay each week, but to my knowledge, we are the only terminal that still has people laid off. Wish us luck! We have been very busy this week, first time in a while that we've been this busy.

:biglaugh: Its sad that we're going out of business, per R. S.:toxic: and B. L.:toxic: (Regional VP's):hysterical:

Good Luck

We had a meeting in AL 3-23 -07 and they told us we operated at 88 and the co was having a good March,so i hope some of this is heading your way to your barn. Good Luck:1036316054:

We had a meeting in AL 3-23 -07 and they told us we operated at 88 and the co was having a good March,so i hope some of this is heading your way to your barn. Good Luck:1036316054:
Easymoney are you saying Holland is operating at 88 or are you referring to your terminal? Its hard to get any good comments from management recently. Can you say CONTRACT. YRCW will use Holland as a pon just as The union did during the last contract talks. All we heard was we would sign the ME TOO and the IBT said hell no, which I did agree with the union on this issue. Our o/r was in the 80's and the union used that as a bargaining tool- I guess. GRIZZ

Easymoney are you saying Holland is operating at 88 or are you referring to your terminal? Its hard to get any good comments from management recently. Can you say CONTRACT. YRCW will use Holland as a pon just as The union did during the last contract talks. All we heard was we would sign the ME TOO and the IBT said hell no, which I did agree with the union on this issue. Our o/r was in the 80's and the union used that as a bargaining tool- I guess. GRIZZ

Hey Grizz,all those posts saying holland operating at a 105 were hard to believe,they may have had a few days where a few terms ran like that for a short period,say because of storms,but overall I would think all the reginals are making money.I know Newpenn is.Besides if they were losing like the posts said don't you think old yella would have been all over them.:funky: .Been delivering some of those lawn tracters just keep sending them north:funky: :funky: CRAZY