ABF | Contract update

What are you talking about idiot? Just because they came to an agreement doesn’t mean a thing. We still have to vote on it. Your not smart enough to know that though are you?
You will get to vote...possibly more than once....but not for a strike....take it to the bank

Priceless....Well...I'm sorry....but you don't get to walk the picket line this time
Never heard me say I ever wanted to walk another picket line. I work at one of the best operating terminals in the abf system. I have been a steward there for almost 20 years i don't hide who I am I have had people approach me and ask if I'm Muler and I always say yes. I would feel honored if someday you could come and see me.

But getting back to how my terminal operates we do it by following the contract and working within it to advance both the company and the abf Teamsters. You seem to be a little sneaky in your postings and in general. You would not understand what it is like to stand for what you believe in and fight for it. You have done nothing but kiss ass on this board as far as company business goes. I hope your dispatcher has plenty of chap stick for his as because you sound like the kind of guy that would wear one out.

You will get to vote...possibly more than once....but not for a strike....take it to the bank
We had a strike vote last time in the central regional. Short term memory you seem to have. You seem to like to lie to people. Obviously don’t know what your talking about.

What? They've reached a truce? I thought we were going to have to give them strike authority....silly me. Glad to see old Muler and Docker and the gang have been given permission back into TB College. They might learn something. Ole TurnCoat goes on a little fishing expidition and soon the whole school is circling the boat. And by the way, I'm no bull :shit:ter.....I tell who I am, where I am, and what I believe, and however disgusting that may seem to some, I could care less. Vote your conscience when your ballot arrives has been and "always will be" my opinion, and your Union is looking out for you...and "them"
Then stop saying stupid stuff that sides more with the company then you’re fellow brothers....

The next and probably the most difficult step will be selling the proposal to ABF's union workers, a truculent group that took four months to ratify the 2013 compact after the company and union leaders had signed off on it, and almost shut down the carrier in the process. Union leaders are scheduled to meet with workers April 10 and 11 to discuss the proposal.

The current negotiations were not expected to be easy given that ABF workers in 2013 agreed to a 7-percent wage cut at the front end of the contract, with the cuts to be fully restored over the contract's life. ABF has said the members have been made whole, but some on the Teamsters side said the increases received by the rank and file were actually cost-of-living adjustments pegged to levels that had been adjusted downward once the 7-percent cut took effect. As a result, the front-end cuts were actually never restored, according to those union interests.

The other main issue is expected to be management's contributions to employee pensions. ABF workers' pensions are much higher than those at unionized rival YRC Freight, which agreed to draconian pension cuts in 2009 to keep the then-ravaged company solvent. ABF has made clear that the gap between the two pension contributions is a key factor in its ability to be cost-competitive in the marketplace.

http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/...e-to-tentative-collective-bargaining-compact/

Before you even ask turncoat... no... the article wasn't referring to people like you when using the term truculent because if they were... lily-livered would of least been mentioned a couple of times.

Let's get this straight traitor... it's the steadfast Teamsters that say... "take it to the bank" and it's the lily-livered Teamsters such as yourself that say... "give it back"!!! After all... if it was all left up to the likes of you... there would be nothing left to give back in no time.

Let's get this straight traitor... it's the steadfast Teamsters that say... "take it to the bank" and it's the lily-livered Teamsters such as yourself that say... "give it back"!!! After all... if it was all left up to the likes of you... there would be nothing left to give back in no time.
Lol... I can see Rollin62 pulling his hand back from the keyboard leaving Turncoat on a island by himself....

As turncoat says I have no dog in this fight since i don't work at ABF and I'm a troll my 2 cents are ,this is the same as they did in carhaul , Oh yeah we have an agreement but we can't tell you anything that's in it and we were almost 18 months before we had anything. All I can say is good luck BROTHERS cause no matter what harm one of us you harm us all

Priceless....Well...I'm sorry....but you don't get to walk the picket line this time
TurnCoat, I'm not sure that is true. Do you know what is in the new contract proposal? I don't. And if it includes any give-backs whatsoever or does not include a substantial wage increase, increase in vacation, and decrease in Purchase Transportation, then I vote no and I look forward to my time on the picket line.

TurnCoat, I'm not sure that is true. Do you know what is in the new contract proposal? I don't. And if it includes any give-backs whatsoever or does not include a substantial wage increase, increase in vacation, and decrease in Purchase Transportation, then I vote no and I look forward to my time on the picket line.
What would you consider substantial?

Ernie and Company release any word of what will be in the new agreement?

Or,........is this a Holy Day,....being Good Friday,.....and the Vow of Silence has been taken?

They've already had an announcement of a tentative agreement,.....might as well drop the suspense and get on with it. Put some of the High Points out on line at the Teamsters site. If they're proud of it,.....they'd want us to see it as soon as possible.........

C'mon, Ernie!......I've got all these steel 55 gallon drums rusting in the rain,.....and it's cold as hell trying to paint picket signs in the garage with no heat.......Have a little mercy, and let me quit painting and warm my hands up......

Tell us a little.....something.....

What would you consider substantial?

I don't know about you, Brother,..........and of course,...I'm retired,...so I supposedly have no reason to be...."interested".......

But I would think,......my Opinion,........that $4.00 an hour for the first year,.......and at least $2.00 for the next two years,....would be fairly reasonable, I would think.....

Would put us up to where the non-Unions are,.....and then some. No need for a five year agreement.....Make it three,....or even two. Let's see how bad the driver shortage gets....We may be asking for $5.00 an hour more, three years from now.

I think that would be....substantial....Reasonable, too.....

I don't know about you, Brother,..........and of course,...I'm retired,...so I supposedly have no reason to be...."interested".......

But I would think,......my Opinion,........that $4.00 an hour for the first year,.......and at least $2.00 for the next two years,....would be fairly reasonable, I would think.....

Would put us up to where the non-Unions are,.....and then some. No need for a five year agreement.....Make it three,....or even two. Let's see how bad the driver shortage gets....We may be asking for $5.00 an hour more, three years from now.

I think that would be....substantial....Reasonable, too.....
Your reasonable opinion of us is flattering and I appreciate it, however they have the opening bid and they're most likely not quite as impressed.

Last edited:
This is pure speculation, but with the 16 member bi-partisan legislative committee on pension solvency being selected during these highly secretive negotiations and company drumming on the CSPF insolvency crisis, I believe there is something in the works for ABF to "mortgage" for lack of a better term, their unfunded liability in that particular fund and get out of that thing like UPS did. ArcBest doesn't have the cash that UPS did, but they have a solid balance sheet. If this scenario is in fact in place we may be pleasantly surprised how generous this contract is to get it quickly ratified. I may be the biggest fool that ever walked through an ABF terminal door, but I do think they want their retirees protected, and the CSPF contributions were just going down a dark hole. It's probably a complicated proposal and I'm sure it's not perfect, but maybe something we can all get behind. The help we gave them last contract should be rewarded as they are now on more solid footing. That and $2 might get you a cup of coffee.

But I would think,......my Opinion,........that $4.00 an hour for the first year,.......and at least $2.00 for the next two years,....would be fairly reasonable, I would think.

Ahhh yeah. That might be a little more than substantial. But we can dream lol