ABF | Contract Vote

canaryinthemine

Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!
Credits
Just reminding guys that,..........what you vote for,...you bought.

Many guys have "buyer's remorse" from the last contract,...when it became evident that there was quite a bit of.....lying.....that went on.

Look at the Tentative Agreement as just that.........If there's things you don't care for,....you only have ONE CHANCE to speak up about it. That "chance" can be as short as...one vote,.....or as long as several votes and continuing negotiations.....

Short-term gain,...may equal Long-term pain.......

If,....you see a potential for the company to...expand...."asset-light" acquisitions into your jurisdiction.........as ABF did with U-Pack and TimeKeeper,......a "yes"...vote will drastically shorten the time ABF remains as a predominantly Union carrier.......

Your own vote may make your job...."collateral damage".....in the future.

Don't vote "Yes" because the company is doing the ol' "sackcloth'n'ashes" routine, and you feel sorry for them....That's pretty much standard procedure,.....and starting to get stale......

They only do it because it...works.....for some guys.....

This is a watershed moment for truck drivers,......inasmuch as anyone with a CDL/ HAZ-MAT is sitting in the catbird seat......Of course,...the corporate people will use smoke, mirrors, propaganda, and rabbits-out-of-hats,....to tell you that ain't so......

But,....if you squander that moment,.......the Companies just bought some time,......in this case , 5+ years,.....to eliminate the "driver shortage problem"......

YOU,.......are a Corporation of ONE.........Your family is your Board of Directors........You have a Very Hot Product to sell,.......a scarce one, in high demand.....

Make your Contract vote a Business decision,........for your family......LONG-TERM......

Just reminding guys that,..........what you vote for,...you bought.

Many guys have "buyer's remorse" from the last contract,...when it became evident that there was quite a bit of.....lying.....that went on.

Look at the Tentative Agreement as just that.........If there's things you don't care for,....you only have ONE CHANCE to speak up about it. That "chance" can be as short as...one vote,.....or as long as several votes and continuing negotiations.....

Short-term gain,...may equal Long-term pain.......

If,....you see a potential for the company to...expand...."asset-light" acquisitions into your jurisdiction.........as ABF did with U-Pack and TimeKeeper,......a "yes"...vote will drastically shorten the time ABF remains as a predominantly Union carrier.......

Your own vote may make your job...."collateral damage".....in the future.

Don't vote "Yes" because the company is doing the ol' "sackcloth'n'ashes" routine, and you feel sorry for them....That's pretty much standard procedure,.....and starting to get stale......

They only do it because it...works.....for some guys.....

This is a watershed moment for truck drivers,......inasmuch as anyone with a CDL/ HAZ-MAT is sitting in the catbird seat......Of course,...the corporate people will use smoke, mirrors, propaganda, and rabbits-out-of-hats,....to tell you that ain't so......

But,....if you squander that moment,.......the Companies just bought some time,......in this case , 5+ years,.....to eliminate the "driver shortage problem"......

YOU,.......are a Corporation of ONE.........Your family is your Board of Directors........You have a Very Hot Product to sell,.......a scarce one, in high demand.....

Make your Contract vote a Business decision,........for your family......LONG-TERM......
Funny that yahoo finance news doesn’t have one current news clip related to Abf’s contract negotiations/vote....

Can’t rattle the shareholders........
Probably later tonight after they try to put a spin on this ,It looks possibility that this could have been rejected,Duh what do we do now.The IBT and the company,have to plan a new strategy for the employees and shareholders. I Hope this is the case.This was supposed to take only hours and not all day.There my be serious challenges. Its all electronic and dues and eligibility is instanious.

Let’s see how rattled they would be if the vote goes south....
The last time ABF went on strike was 94 we were out a month.over the use of part timers ,It could be worse or disastrous this time ,as always be careful what you wish for!!!!!!

The last time ABF went on strike was 94 we were out a month.over the use of part timers ,It could be worse or disastrous this time ,as always be careful what you wish for!!!!!!
Are you absolutely serious with this response?.... travel on....

Are you absolutely serious with this response?.... travel on....
As serious as a heart attack.If you were there In 94 we were serious .This is not 94 We don’t have the numbers any more and they know this ,both the company and IBT Were all pawns in the chess match.I haven’t rolled over and neither should you.

As serious as a heart attack.If you were there In 94 we were serious .This is not 94 We don’t have the numbers any more and they know this ,both the company and IBT Were all pawns in the chess match.I haven’t rolled over and neither should you.
I won’t, and I think you know what my vote was....