New Penn | contract

Nah, Her Eyesite Is Bad, Maybe Your Boyfriend Could Explain It To Me, Cause Obviously You Can't.since This Is Npme Forum, The Why Is For How Effecting This Company.

Nah, Her Eyesite Is Bad, Maybe Your Boyfriend Could Explain It To Me, Cause Obviously You Can't.since This Is Npme Forum, The Why Is For How Effecting This Company.
i tell you why this contract is a sham hoffa should be shaking hands with a teamster not bill zollar that why brother

Ok, here is an example....Mr. Train is a Utility employee, he has a start time bid of 2100....when Mr. Train arrives to work, he is told to, hook and fuel his unit, back it in to 35 door, load all of the outbound bills for Cinnaminson. He then is instructed to drive to Cinnaminson, back into door 10 and unload all of the freight and then re-load all of his home domiciles freight into his unit and return home. On the way home, his cell phone rings and is instructed to stop at Firestone tire and pick up 7 bills, (160 tires) and THEN return home....when he gets to the domicile, he is then instructed to back his unit into door 35, unload the trailer, move it to the yard, unhook and park the tractor and then report back to the dock to finish out the balance of his day.

Maybe this is exagerated, maybe it isn't....if you read the Utility employee provision, IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

I remember a company awhile back I worked for. Employees lined up to give dispatch their cell numbers. Guys are greedy. You kidding me: What if you don't give em your number ? Uncle Wiggly remembers who the guys were too ,don't ya ?

While you may have a problem doing this, there our thousands of teamsters covered under the NMFA who are ready to this at a moments notice.

funny thing is if i were in the city, i could start at what=ever time and they could tell me to do all of the above, anyhow, except unload freight at another terminals dock and load up freight from there dock.our system p/u's freight in daytime and runs road at night. most everything runs direct to destination terminal. npme isn't going to send me to say ciniminson with 5 skids at say noon-time just cause i am a utility driver and can do it. and come back with nothing. if it's hot freight that needs serviced, they would pull somebody off the dock and send them to cinniminson.if anything, utilty driver would be fixing somebody's screw-up and deliver directly to customer in another area. thats a possability. we deliver what, 95% of our freight next day, for that to continue to work, know terminal could afford to count on utility drivers loading or unloading freight at foreign terminals.i personaliy get very little holding time weekly, cause freight or loads if not done, are close to being done. there are guys that do wait several hours, say at kearney, for providence to get there baltimore load there so waiting road driver can relay to baltimore.it wouldnot do any good for npme to have waiting road driver play around on foreign dock, for 2-3 hours, and than expect him to get load to baltimore in a timely manner.that ain't going to happen unless npme decides to get out of next day in the north-east.than we will be just like,******, fill in the blanks,-out of bussiness.the only real deal with npme and this utility driver thing, is possably picking up full load and delivering in another terminals area, directly, in same day, but to do that, i'm sure, it will cost customer plenty, especially when he could get it next day anyhow. at lower price.compareing how utilitydriver might effect roadway or yellow to how it effects npme is like compareing apples and oranges. we run just a hole differant deal.and i'm willing to bet were not changeing the way we operate based on the avaiablity of a utility driver.

When A Utility Driver Comes In At 6 Pm Loads Freight Outbound For A Few Hours And Then Does A Baltimore Or Kearny Or Maspeth Turn Dont You Think That Will Bite Into The Road Jobs ? No Senioity Because You Cant Cross Job Classes F&^*%$ That Bs.

I remember a company awhile back I worked for. Employees lined up to give dispatch their cell numbers. Guys are greedy. You kidding me: What if you don't give em your number ? Uncle Wiggly remembers who the guys were too ,don't ya ?

THIS CELL PHONE CALL AHEAD- GET CALLED- BS -IS HUGE AT NPME- ALSO JOKERS SIGNING FOR 2,3,4,5,BEDS STAYING IN MOTELS ALL WEEK, TAKING TURN WORK FROM NEW ENGLAND MEN -:chairshot:PLEASE DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SOME OF THE BS .

you actually think that npme will pay that driver, by the hour, to run a road bid,especially to maspeth? and i guess you think the longshoremen on the dock will let driver load freight and move about like he's one of them. guys have always signed for extra beds, especially when your causual to get days in. but you only get 2-3 beds if the freights there, and it's based on seniorty.there have been more new england men hired in the last 5-6 yrs and seniority lists have probably doubled.nobodys takeing turn work away from you anymore than foreign drivers come into our terminal and take loads out. or any terminals for that matter. but really, after 182 negitive posts about npme, maybe all wern't about npme, but most were,why do you continue to put yourself threw such torture day in and out hating this company, when alls you have to do is quit, and set yourself free.

you actually think that npme will pay that driver, by the hour, to run a road bid,especially to maspeth? and i guess you think the longshoremen on the dock will let driver load freight and move about like he's one of them. guys have always signed for extra beds, especially when your causual to get days in. but you only get 2-3 beds if the freights there, and it's based on seniorty.there have been more new england men hired in the last 5-6 yrs and seniority lists have probably doubled.nobodys takeing turn work away from you anymore than foreign drivers come into our terminal and take loads out. or any terminals for that matter. but really, after 182 negitive posts about npme, maybe all wern't about npme, but most were,why do you continue to put yourself threw such torture day in and out hating this company, when alls you have to do is quit, and set yourself free.

that's sound advice. that is what i did 3yrs. ago.:smilie_132:

hey cash cow, why can't you cross job classes?
tHE WAY I READ IT UTILITY MEN HAVE A DIFFERENT JOB CLASS AND A CITY OR ROADMAN CAN'T USE SENIORITY TO BUMP. - The Utility Employee shall work across all classifications as assigned and as necessary to meet business needs, and there shall be no restrictions on the type of freight or work handled. A Utility Employee’s duties during a tour of duty may, at his/her home terminal, include performing Utility-related dock work, P&D (local cartage) work, hostling/yard work (drop & hooks), and any driving work. At larger facilities where the Employer utilizes Utility Employees and there is more than Utility work performed, the Employer will designate a specific area on the dock where freight to be handled by Utility Employees will be staged. Non-utility freight will be staged at a designated area and the employees at the destination terminal will handle the non-utility freight.

A Utility Employee shall perform all local cartage functions at his home terminal. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement or any Supplemental Agreement to the contrary, Utility Employees also may be required to work across Local Union jurisdictional lines. It is not the intent to use Utility Employees to perform local peddle runs or P&D work outside their Local Union’s jurisdiction. At away terminals, a Utility Employee may perform Utility-related dock work, hostling and drop and hooks on his/her own equipment. A Utility Employee shall fuel his/her own equipment at away terminals, if there are no

fuelers available. All Utility Employees shall be returned to his home domicile at the end of his shift, absent bona fide extenuating circumstances, in which case they shall be paid on all hours.

after your last post, are you telling me you dont work for npme? besides me too agreement had nothing to due with what workers wanted or didnt want. i guess management learned a lesson after 93 strike.the amount of freight we lost and didnt get back.least they are smart enough to learn from there mistake and change, and not make mistake again.customers want there freight now damage free, and could care less about any labor issues.your a heroe when you save there $#@, but screw up and first smooth talking saleman with big discount will be hauling the freight.this is 2008, time of world or global econmey,short term profits and riseing stock prices mean everything.you all want to fight this contract and think we got plenty of time to send it back and wont hurt our freight levels.you probably think YRC invented this no growth possably ressecion economy just cause it's contract time.if you wanted to fight something it should have been yearsago when the first companys started to move operations to china, but you all just loved the cheap stuff we were getting back and just kept on buying.100% employer paid health care and pensions are a thing of the past, yet we are able to keep both for another 5 yrs. plus a raise we can put into our pockets unlike non-union that maybe there raise will cover there increase in health care payments per week. money for there only pension, a 401k comes out of there check also weekly. this contract wont hurt npme employee's we already do better than anyone else what this contract is trying to help all theses other companys even get close to.