ABF | Contract.

smart guy

TB Lurker
Credits
Haven't been with ABF long. I was just wandering when they usually start talking contract. Is it common to wait until last minute? Seems like they would rather get it done early to make for a smooth transition.

Smart Guy it is the opposite than what you have stated. I have also not been with ABF that long. My father was in the union for 30 years
so I seen the cat and mouse games they play. The less you get from the company ,the more they have to play with for the suit and tied. An example is lane changer and the beeping toys in the trucks ,some suit man in management! Thinking he is spending the money for the company, that has never drove trucks....He does not know the toys beeps at over head signs and are more of a distraction to the driver. They will find ways to spend money on junk and not pay the drivers who are making them money.

Smart Guy it is the opposite than what you have stated. I have also not been with ABF that long. My father was in the union for 30 years
so I seen the cat and mouse games they play. The less you get from the company ,the more they have to play with for the suit and tied. An example is lane changer and the beeping toys in the trucks ,some suit man in management! Thinking he is spending the money for the company, that has never drove trucks....He does not know the toys beeps at over head signs and are more of a distraction to the driver. They will find ways to spend money on junk and not pay the drivers who are making them money.
And yet they can't seem to get us decent handhelds that don't crash a half-dozen times a day at least. Anybody else having that problem?

But, to answer your question, they'll open negotiations probably shortly after the first of the year.

And yet they can't seem to get us decent handhelds that don't crash a half-dozen times a day at least. Anybody else having that problem?

But, to answer your question, they'll open negotiations probably shortly after the first of the year.

There you go!........And,.....if your Local has any sense, they will take contract proposals in early November, at least.

Good Luck to all you Gentlemen............Don't let them B.S. the new hires with false and phony rumors about "offers to buy",........and how "poor",.....and close to bankruptcy they are.........

Remember,......Last contract, after we gave concessions,.......they built new corporate headquarters for ArchBest and Panther,....and handed out bonuses to the corporate side all around..........

And,.....Just to remind us of what they truly think of us,........they jammed a mandatory uniform policy on us,....completely ignoring the contractual language,........by using the worst anti-Union vendor they could find, with "Made In Nicaragua,Mexico,China,Honduras.........Anybody But USA" uniforms.......And the International shrugged and looked the other way.......

Funny,..........when they want us to buy Union apparel,....they have no problem finding a Union vendor with "Made In America" clothing......

You would think that they could provide that information to an employer so they could be compliant with the contract, and not insult their Union employees with non-Union rags and anti-Union vendors.....

Or,.....if they were truly that "broke",.........they would drop the whole uniform program altogether,.....cost too much to maintain in desperate circumstances.......

But, Noooooo,............Them fools gave us concessions, let's dress them in non-Union rags.........

Speaking of "Bonuses"..............Didn't certain upper management people say they would be handing out bonuses to us as per the memorandum in the contract? Five years without a bonus,..........I'll bet we don't see one this coming January, either.......

We "missed" the last one by,....ohh....0.3 per cent? Or,....just about the cost of new drapes for the corporate headquarters......

Repeat after me...crash=cash, crash=cash, crash=cash. The more they crash, the more for me cash.