CONWAY BREAKING NEWS: Tractor Trailer Accident Shuts Down I-95 North

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
BREAKING NEWS: Tractor Trailer Accident Shuts Down I-95 North
A collision between a sedan and a big rig on Interstate 95 North in Richmond has closed northbound lanes of the interstate until at least 10:00 a.m.; One charged with DUI.
conwaywreckyp3.jpg

Sometimes the only way you can avoid stupid driving four wheelers.
Is not to come to work,and let someone else do your run.

As much as we try to be safe out on our nations highways,theres just no way to avoid stupidity.

why do they start all stories with the line: tractor trailor accident. it clearly wasn't his fault if the guy in the car was drunk. they should start the story something like: drunk driver causes accident. i know this is probably insinifigant but to me the headline just gives the wrong impression and it's just not this article either. it just bugs the hell out of me. am i alone or does anyone else feel the same way

why do they start all stories with the line: tractor trailor accident. it clearly wasn't his fault if the guy in the car was drunk. they should start the story something like: drunk driver causes accident. i know this is probably insinifigant but to me the headline just gives the wrong impression and it's just not this article either. it just bugs the hell out of me. am i alone or does anyone else feel the same way
Maybe you should direct your inquiry to this link:

WRIC Richmond News and Weather - Send Us An E-mail

Tell WRIC how you feel about their intro to this story. Your just preachin' to the choir here...

It's called sensationalism, or shock value, and it sells newspapers and grabs the attention of the intended audience. I agree that it's wrong but the news media doesn't care what we think. They are a part of Corporate America and are looking for ratings so they can sell more ads. I can't count the times I've seen a headline stating something about a truck only to read that it was actually a pickup. It's not insignificant....it's putting a worse reputation on trucking than it already has.

It doesn't matter whos at fault in these news reports we the professional driver are the ones that are the targets to grab the publics attention,just like nightowl says.
The headline sells the story.