XPO | Conway Expedited

imported_demize

TB Lurker
Credits
Conway Expedited sold to Panther Expedited Services Inc. on July 22. From Panthers web page: Panther Expedited Services Inc. announced effective today that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase the expedited freight
transportation business of Con-way Expedite and Brokerage

demize said:
Conway Expedited sold to Panther Expedited Services Inc. on July 22. From Panthers web page: Panther Expedited Services Inc. announced effective today that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase the expedited freight
transportation business of Con-way Expedite and Brokerage
is that con-way now?

demize said:
yes it is gfy.
lets see,con-air gone,con-way now gone.freight levels down.profits up.race car has won only one race.what the hell is going on.Oh I forgot people leaving faster then at a leper colony.

Wow. Now I can say that I've worked for a company that no longer exists.

Don't really miss sittin' in Dallas for six days, Laredo for three days or Ontario, CA for three days, etc., etc. waitin' for loads though. I went through about 9000 pens with all the ink I used drawing across Line 2.

July 22, 2006

Dear Valued Customer:

Panther Expedited Services Inc. announced effective today that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase the expedited freight
transportation business of Con-way Expedite and Brokerage, solidifying Panther’s position as the largest independent provider of
expedited transportation services in North America. As part of the agreement, Con-way has agreed to exit the expedite market
immediately and to deliver to Panther a non-compete agreement and its customer list.

http://www.pantherii.com/breakingnews.asp

demize said:
They found out about being sold this morning with a message on their Qualcomm. Got to love the personal touch. :tribehasspoken:
classless act by a classless company that craps on it's employees every chance it gets

demize said:
They found out about being sold this morning with a message on their Qualcomm. Got to love the personal touch. :tribehasspoken:
The same people that shut down the first C.F. on labor day.You got to love them.They wouldn't do us like that,We are co-owners.right?

red dawn

Dude, ever hear of diabeties? When the body fails, it starts at the extremities. First the toes, then the ankle, then the knees.... So when gang green sets in, they cut off the toe, then the foot, then the knee. Eventually you have a torso with a head until the organs fail. Take a look around. Look how many pieces they cut off. They ain't doin no decals or nothing. My manager said word is about 2 years before they start. He said they aint spendin no money when they are trying to sell it to make the books look btter. He says its looking like its already under way and he's betting its the German post place that owns DHL. Says to pay attention to whats happening with the region managers that will be leaving soon. He said to look at the names of people taking promotions, none of the long term guys - they know better and won't take the moves. Look at the trucks man. We aint never had crap this ratty. Everything we'er doing is taking us down but we have to spend thousands of dollars at each location every time M. comes in. man, we lost our priorities. He said this pension deal paying it off is a smoke screen to help with the sale so the buyer aint got no pension debt and can use the cash from the account thats over the govt requirement.

We all know S. never earned his job. He lost control of "NOW" but was detters 'lap-dog'. Did he ever run a component? Did he EVER make NOW profitable? Hes robbin this company blind and don't care about us, neither does M. Boss says they are all focused on lining their pockets. He said look how S. was whining in the FYI blaming wall streeet for his failure to accomplish the goal. He said S. was all gushy when the last report was good but whined like a kid in the last one. He said we can get this stuff on line in the financials. Anyone know the web site?

We are falling apart. Look at his latest announcemnt dude on FYI. READ BETWEEN THE LINES! We have lost major tonnage, we are losing Yield. He had to go back and compare us to THREE YEARS AGO to make the numbers work for the statments! Why didn't he compare us to this time last year? What's he hiding? S. and M. are paid enough to manage without a conscience anymore. Look BEYOND Bluto. While we aint got money to pay for our health care without us drivers picking up a part of the tab, we got money to pay for his house payments at $10,000.00 a month! Why you think we got a good raise this year? Wait till you see what's coming. My manager said they either gonna raise health care or we are gonna start paying for retirement. Dude, these guys are set for life, their kids are set for life. You think they give a poop about us? Man, it's time we start pushing back before its too late. My manager said watch what they do, not what they say. Man, look at all the long term dudes quitting. I hear an RM quit last week, one that was on the "fast track". What's up with that? I been round long time with companies that ain't round no more... Better start watching out man and pushin back.

Expedite sold

Talked to a drive on the CB out of XAH. He said the g.o. folks were met with a securty gard and told that they had no jobs and to go back home. Man, the buzzards got millions, homes that cost more than we will make in a lifetime, and could care less about the poor fools like us that live and die by our paychecks. Most of us can't afford to miss a single check, yet we aint getting all our hours while the a-holes get richer and richer. Why isn't their pay cut back when these things happen. I'm tellin ya, they aint got no conscience and would sell their own mother for a buck.

i hope the guy who was responding to my posts about Con-Way being a dump for workers is paying attention. i get info from drivers on the streets, guys who are with us now that they left CCX, and now right here on these boards. keep defending these guys cause one day they're gonna be sellin you out.