XPO | Conway is also organizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always heard that Conway would close the doors before they went union....

When I type in changeconway2win

In google I see ChangeConwaytowin.org

Domain created on 2014-06-16 at Godaddy
Registered by Al Vergudo of California and as far as I can see he's nobody in Conway's upper Management. Just someone wanting to get some attention on his website.

Anyone who would use "Godaddy" is not to be given any credence in my book.

Anyone who would use "Go Daddy" is not to be given any credence in my book.

Why? You dislike Danica Patrick? She doesn't do it for you?

godaddy_danica.jpg

I have lived here and worked here in the south long enough to know this there will not be any unions coming here ! your time would be wasted some would sign but not enough to make a hill of beans !!! So I have to agree with you Smokinjoe !!!

CW has been smart as of lately bumping up the pay at some of the largest metropolitan terminals. This does not go without reason. I imagine the folks I work with will be as complacent as they always have been, just as the guys up north who didn't get a raise or just received the bounus reductions I have read about.

Comparing now and back then!
Let's compare, I worked at Viking/FedEx for 24yrs and now I work at a union barn in Chino California"

Wage now;
68 cent a mile, I run line
Plus $26 a store drop because we deliver to Sprouts markets, average 4 to 10 stops
Plus $25 a pickup stop, because we pickup up our own supplies
Plus $33 perdiem per day
Plus $8 an hour for Teamster pension, up to 40hrs
Plus $6 an hour for health and welfare, up to 40hrs too, this plan is for medical benefits when you retired
Plus we have 401k too
Pay $100 a month for medical benefits
I have a CBA contract

Now when I worked at FedEx;
Back then
$23.20 an hr P&D
41 cent an hour for pension plan up to 40hrs=$16.40 a week
I paid $175 for medical for family
401k too
No CBA contract, but had a company handbook that always changes for the company benefits, not yours

Do the math here!
Why not unionize and go forward, instead of going backward without a CBA contract!

Conway is on the same boat as FedEx !

That makes no sense. You pay $560 a week for a pension and health and welfare? Pay for pick-ups and drops? You cannot compare that to our jobs. We are home every day and we do not qualify for per diem. If I am reading this wrong maybe you should explain it.

The Union is a thing of the past and it's too bad.I for one think that our major share holders don't know what has taken place at Con-Way.I for one would love to sit in a room with them and management and tell them what is going on from a drivers stand point.We are preached safety but our motor moves are counted, yard moves are counted,we are asked to arrive on time at service centers,asked to get back from your run quicker(how about turn the trucks up to go the speed limit,turn them up 5 mph and you will gain 50 minutes on a run from XLU to XCO or NKX toXCN)this ain't rocket science.I have seen dsr's doing fos jobs on these docks and then they say they are short drivers.Take 5dsr's for lean projects and force ot on the rest!

That makes no sense. You pay $560 a week for a pension and health and welfare? Pay for pick-ups and drops? You cannot compare that to our jobs. We are home every day and we do not qualify for per diem. If I am reading this wrong maybe you should explain it.
Company pays all, except I pay my share for medical! The $100 out of my pocket

I for one think that our major share holders don't know what has taken place at Con-Way.I for one would love to sit in a room with them and management and tell them what is going on from a drivers stand point.We are preached safety but our motor moves are counted, yard moves are counted,we are asked to arrive on time at service centers,asked to get back from your run quicker(how about turn the trucks up to go the speed limit,turn them up 5 mph and you will gain 50 minutes on a run from XLU to XCO or NKX toXCN)this ain't rocket science.I have seen dsr's doing fos jobs on these docks and then they say they are short drivers.Take 5dsr's for lean projects and force ot on the rest!

I'm on your side but Hell most of that is stuff the major stock holders would love. What they need to really know is how unhappy and stressed the vast majority of DSR's really are and how (while trying not to make waves) Con-way Freight currently has an experiment going on to weed out all the older / senior drivers and bring in young guns with absolutely no track record or experience.

As a major stock holder you want things to continue being good and to grow and allow the senior drivers to fade away with retirement,, not from technology saying you've been wrong for the past 13-25 years and all the sudden you have too many events and we have to let you go. Or because all of management is so young and computer savvy they believe that when the computer says a younger more youthful staff will save money and they believe it and try to bring a youthful staff even younger than they are...

So now they're bringing in Terminal Managers in their early 30's that feel undermined and overwhelmed by the aging set in their ways conway drivers in their 50's and 60's.... so they now want to clean house and get a younger fresh group of faces that they can train for the future...... That's where things are actually going. I hope so bad it bites Con-way freight in the arse.

I'm on your side but Hell most of that is stuff the major stock holders would love. What they need to really know is how unhappy and stressed the vast majority of DSR's really are and how (while trying not to make waves) Con-way Freight currently has an experiment going on to weed out all the older / senior drivers and bring in young guns with absolutely no track record or experience.

As a major stock holder you want things to continue being good and to grow and allow the senior drivers to fade away with retirement,, not from technology saying you've been wrong for the past 13-25 years and all the sudden you have too many events and we have to let you go. Or because all of management is so young and computer savvy they believe that when the computer says a younger more youthful staff will save money and they believe it and try to bring a youthful staff even younger than they are...

So now they're bringing in Terminal Managers in their early 30's that feel undermined and overwhelmed by the aging set in their ways conway drivers in their 50's and 60's.... so they now want to clean house and get a younger fresh group of faces that they can train for the future...... That's where things are actually going. I hope so bad it bites Con-way freight in the arse.

Funny seeing what I wrote drinking............. Now I understand what everyone else on here is saying.... I actually meant what I said but the end of the 2nd paragraph is a little foggy even for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.