XPO | Conway is also organizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but a lot of the people I speak with hate unions in the South.
And after conversation with most I find that they have no idea of what its all about.
Let them eat grits !!
I have lived here and worked here in the south long enough to know this there will not be any unions coming here ! your time would be wasted some would sign but not enough to make a hill of beans !!! So I have to agree with you Smokinjoe !!!

And after conversation with most I find that they have no idea of what its all about.
Let them eat grits !!

Ummm...... love them grits. And the south.

Last edited by a moderator:
I copied this from my post on another thread

I am on the fence about the union and here is why.

I went to a interview with Holland. They wanted to start me out at $17.44 an hour. There is 3 - 5% raises to top rate. in my quick math that is @ $21.00 an hour. The pension is on hold for another 4 years and it is anyones guess what will happen with that. There is NO 401k. Holland falls under the YRC contract and they are the profit center that is keeping YRC going. I feel that the union wants to get more membership to provide more money to the pension fund and who knows there that will in the future for us. The only way I would sign a card is if I can see if we would have our OWN contract and OUR own pension funded like UPS package has. Honestly, I don't see that happening.

I copied this from my post on another thread

I am on the fence about the union and here is why.

I went to a interview with Holland. They wanted to start me out at $17.44 an hour. There is 3 - 5% raises to top rate. in my quick math that is @ $21.00 an hour. The pension is on hold for another 4 years and it is anyones guess what will happen with that. There is NO 401k. Holland falls under the YRC contract and they are the profit center that is keeping YRC going. I feel that the union wants to get more membership to provide more money to the pension fund and who knows there that will in the future for us. The only way I would sign a card is if I can see if we would have our OWN contract and OUR own pension funded like UPS package has. Honestly, I don't see that happening.

Do you think the Union is pushing to have more drivers than work , just to increase the amount of dues they collect?

Comparing now and back then!
Let's compare, I worked at Viking/FedEx for 24yrs and now I work at a union barn in Chino California"

Wage now;
68 cent a mile, I run line
Plus $26 a store drop because we deliver to Sprouts markets, average 4 to 10 stops
Plus $25 a pickup stop, because we pickup up our own supplies
Plus $33 perdiem per day
Plus $8 an hour for Teamster pension, up to 40hrs
Plus $6 an hour for health and welfare, up to 40hrs too, this plan is for medical benefits when you retired
Plus we have 401k too
Pay $100 a month for medical benefits
I have a CBA contract

Now when I worked at FedEx;
Back then
$23.20 an hr P&D
41 cent an hour for pension plan up to 40hrs=$16.40 a week
I paid $175 for medical for family
401k too
No CBA contract, but had a company handbook that always changes for the company benefits, not yours

Do the math here!
Why not unionize and go forward, instead of going backward without a CBA contract!

Conway is on the same boat as FedEx !

Why dont you tell everyone here you deliver groceries and you make most your money wheeling the stuff in .. i dont see you driving more than 250 miles with 5 stops .. nice try spinning the wages when you are in a different kind of trucking career ..

That makes no sense. You pay $560 a week for a pension and health and welfare? Pay for pick-ups and drops? You cannot compare that to our jobs. We are home every day and we do not qualify for per diem. If I am reading this wrong maybe you should explain it.

He is a grocery hauler DR

Well it is a union site, pro-union, just like changefedextowin!
Because I have control of Conway site!
You want to put anti-union propaganda, then this site fits for you!

Sounds like you have to much time on your hands when you stay at the super 8/motel 6

See..... The ranks and file can vote on a contract that fits each company.

They can vote on a contract but it does not mean the negotiation will be fair ... got to remember who these guys are ... 85 .. pension .. vacation ... golden parachutes ... every two years this comes up in here and fizzles out

Brothers and Sisters of Conway!
Are you aware that there is a campaign going on?
Conway is also organizing to form a union, just type on search engine changeconway2win and see what's going on.

They are also signing union cards in So-Cal and Texas too!

PLEASE stick a card in my face! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let them eat grits !!

A lot of ignorance to that!!!! We need to educate them more!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let them eat grits !!

Sad!!!!!! Why wouldn't someone want to better there situation, and their life!!!

Why dont you tell everyone here you deliver groceries and you make most your money wheeling the stuff in .. i dont see you driving more than 250 miles with 5 stops .. nice try spinning the wages when you are in a different kind of trucking career ..

How pathetic you are, you just assume my career of how it works!
I run from Chino up Northern California, team in 24hrs and that's over 1200 miles plus stops
Next run, Salt Lake City, 1356 miles plus stops also teams and in 24 hrs and last two Tucson runs with 2340 miles plus stops! And that's in 48hrs back to back.

What other thing I need to clarify to all the naysayers here!!!
Who hates a union worker, who works honestly and hard!
Oh I forgot, all the naysayer always says we're lazy union works!

Is there still a rule of 85 ?

Yes it is around for what it's worth.
If I was to resign today I would get $620 per month and have to wait until I reach 59 1/2 to start drawing it.
If I wait until rule of 85 (2+ years) I'll get $1300 per month and be able to draw on it immediately.

Yes it is around for what it's worth.
If I was to resign today I would get $620 per month and have to wait until I reach 59 1/2 to start drawing it.
If I wait until rule of 85 (2+ years) I'll get $1300 per month and be able to draw on it immediately.

$ 1300 a month. How are you gonna retire on that ? And the rest of us ain't even gonna get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.