XPO | Conway is also organizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how many of you vote in the union. Iowa is a right-to-work state, which means I get union representation without having to join the union.

? If you don't want on board why would you even ask for representation?? I would be Embarassed to ask the help of union representation if I was so against it !! I believe everyone one has there own opinion's, and I respect that!!! But to ask the help of something your so against is Chicken S***!!!!!

Ohhhhhhh,you're name is on "Change Conway To Win".
And they only allow posts that bash conway, it is heavily moderated..has been for the 3 years or so that it's been up. Try putting anything anti-union and it won't get posted. It's not like this website here. Be careful, they'll know who you are. I don't care either way, just putting it out there.

? If you don't want on board why would you even ask for representation?? I would be Embarassed to ask the help of union representation if I was so against it !! I believe everyone one has there own opinion's, and I respect that!!! But to ask the help of something your so against is Chicken S***!!!!!

I don't want it. But if the morons that do want it bring it in, I care less, and I will never pay union dues. Unions had their place in history, and the teamsters are the weakest union that a person could ever join. POS organization that should have been buried already, since it's been dead for years.

What Will happen after we vote yes in laredo for union representation?
After the vote for union representation the NLRB will take up to 10 days to certify the vote. And all that means it that they have to make sure everyone that voted was an employee of the Laredo terminal and was eligible to vote. After that the local union that filed the petition will send out or have meetings to take proposals to find out what the employee's at Conway Laredo want in their contract. Most of the time the committee members that worked the campaign are going to be on the negotiation committee that will sit on the other side of management and negotiate the contract. After the contract is negotiated it is gone over everyone in that unit and then voted on. If everyone is content with the contract then you will vote yes and if not then vote no.

After the vote for union representation the NLRB will take up to 10 days to certify the vote. And all that means it that they have to make sure everyone that voted was an employee of the Laredo terminal and was eligible to vote. After that the local union that filed the petition will send out or have meetings to take proposals to find out what the employee's at Conway Laredo want in their contract. Most of the time the committee members that worked the campaign are going to be on the negotiation committee that will sit on the other side of management and negotiate the contract. After the contract is negotiated it is gone over everyone in that unit and then voted on. If everyone is content with the contract then you will vote yes and if not then vote no.

The way I see it, it won't matter. If LLA is the only barn that organizes, Con-Way will just lock the gates and run the freight through another barn.

Outside interest like informed union members ? So why would you be so opposed to finding out the union side of it? Wouldn't you want to have "your" people make a informed decision about their future and what a union contract could bring to them? You see that is the problem with anti-union, anti-worker types like you that only want "your" people to read one side of the story.

What Will happen after we vote yes in laredo for union representation?
Just keep movin and grooving, no different then the day before except Laredo will be on a path way to representation and respect with out the strong arm tactics applied to the workers plus there will be 1 set of rules negotiated in the contract instead of this Monday morning change every week as management deems fit to benefit them at the time . Some of the overnight guys were skeptical a few years back as well to vote in or enter into the union environment and now the majority wouldn't have it any other way. Sure they have problems as well just like every ltl but at least they are represented by a strong contract for the benefit of the employees .
The totality of your surroundings and working conditions under a contract at your barn will be an advantage , benefit to everyone .
Stand strong Laredo and vote YES !

I don't care how many of you vote in the union. Iowa is a right-to-work state, which means I get union representation without having to join the union.
Thats true since your in a right to work state, thats the law of the land in your state. But make no mistake about this, you as a free rider will have NO say on what will be in contracts that will directly affect your working conditions, you will have no voice on what the union can and can't do at your barn.

Outside interest like informed union members ? So why would you be so opposed to finding out the union side of it? Wouldn't you want to have "your" people make a informed decision about their future and what a union contract could bring to them? You see that is the problem with anti-union, anti-worker types like you that only want "your" people to read one side of the story.

Like I said, I could care less about the "union's interests". The only thing the unions care about is leaching their paychecks off of the workers union dues, and sending money to DC to get POS democrats into office, that work against the citizens to keep them as slaves.

Thats true since your in a right to work state, thats the law of the land in your state. But make no mistake about this, you as a free rider will have NO say on what will be in contracts that will directly affect your working conditions, you will have no voice on what the union can and can't do at your barn.

BFD...........I'm out of here in a couple of years anyways.

I don't want it. But if the morons that do want it bring it in, I care less, and I will never pay union dues. Unions had their place in history, and the teamsters are the weakest union that a person could ever join. POS organization that should have been buried already, since it's been dead for years.
Everyone has their opinion of the Teamsters, i respect yours but make NO mistake about this, the Teamsters are the strongest union in the land and this is why Conway employee's looked for us to represent them. You could twist it anyway you'd like but deep down inside you know for a fact that the Teamsters are the biggest threat to any company that goes through a organizing drive. This is why Conway will spend 500 to 1000 dollars an hour for a anti-union consultant, this is why they are spending the amount they took away from your raise to feed you burgers, hot dogs, ice cream and all that other BS they try to shove down your throat to make you think that things at Conway aren't that bad! But you see where this train is headed, full steam ahead and into every barn that wants The Teamsters to represent them!

Like I said, I could care less about the "union's interests". The only thing the unions care about is leaching their paychecks off of the workers union dues, and sending money to DC to get POS democrats into office, that work against the citizens to keep them as slaves.
Leaching off of paychecks? Oh you mean "union dues" Didn't you just say you work in the great state of Iowa, a "right to work state" and that you would never pay union dues. Why would you care about union dues?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, The union dues that our current members are paying every month pay for the local to organize Conway, those union dues pay for the organizers to inform those "citizens" conway keeps as slaves with no rights and no voice. Those "citizens" that are violated on a daily basis and stomped on by conway management that only care about the company's bottom line.

The way I see it, it won't matter. If LLA is the only barn that organizes, Con-Way will just lock the gates and run the freight through another barn.
With all due respect I really don't think thats going to happen , Laredo is a major port of entry into this country with customs warehouses and check stations. It will cost Conway majorly to divert the freight to another border town ie McAllen, Brownsville ,Del Rio , Eagle Pass or even into El Paso. This would be insane for Conway to run around Laredo due to the amount of volume that flows through that barn and besides one needs to understand how Mexico works on transportation , cartels and all !

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, your the first one to make your points in a cogent, sensible manner without falling back to name calling. My point was, you made your point and answered the questions asked in a straightforward manner unlike that other guy. Let the employees decide without outside pressure one way or the other is my point.

actually, your the first one to make your points in a cogent, sensible manner without falling back to name calling. My point was, you made your point and answered the questions asked in a straightforward manner unlike that other guy. Let the employees decide without outside pressure one way or the other is my point.
I respect that. There is no pressure coming from me, just information from the union side. I know i'm going to get a lot of heat from the anti's and i respect that. But make no mistake about it, i will defend my position as a union member and disagree with anyone i feel is spewing lies.

Leaching off of paychecks? Oh you mean "union dues" Didn't you just say you work in the great state of Iowa, a "right to work state" and that you would never pay union dues. Why would you care about union dues?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, The union dues that our current members are paying every month pay for the local to organize Conway, those union dues pay for the organizers to inform those "citizens" conway keeps as slaves with no rights and no voice. Those "citizens" that are violated on a daily basis and stomped on by conway management that only care about the company's bottom line.

Sorry, but I see NO victims at the barn I run out of. We are all there on our own accord. Why do I suspect that you are so "progressive Liberal" that you have barry's personal number? Why do you all have to turn everyone into "victims"?

With all due respect I really don't think thats going to happen , Laredo is a major port of entry into this county with customs warehouses and check stations. It will cost Conway majorly to divert the freight to another border town ie McAllen, Brownsville ,Del Rio , Eagle Pass or even into El Paso. This would be insane for Conway to run around Laredo due to the amount of volume that flows through that barn and besides one needs to understand how Mexico works on transportation , cartels and all !

Cartels, drug lords, and more lawlessness. Maybe Con-Way will just drop Mexico. Too much violence and bribes to pay, could increase our profits. I'm out, like I said, do what you think you need to do, you won't get my support.

Sorry, but I see NO victims at the barn I run out of. We are all there on our own accord. Why do I suspect that you are so "progressive Liberal" that you have barry's personal number? Why do you all have to turn everyone into "victims"?
I can see your agenda is more of the "politico" type. You really have no comeback on the actual topic of this thread so you go where you feel more "on your level" You trying to make this a democrat-republican issue. This is a worker issue that is bipartisan.

Who in the heck is Barry? Is it Barry Manilow?
I pay $75 for my dues and well worth it!
I have an Excellent contract because of my dues, didn't have that at FedEx frt!
Here I am; http://www.teamsters492.org/docs/FedEx_Update2011.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.