XPO | conway

dieseldan02

TB Lurker
Credits
lets face it boys im sorry to say but conway does not care about up wake up and look around all the boys care about is that almighty dollar please just look around

lets face it boys im sorry to say but conway does not care about up wake up and look around all the boys care about is that almighty dollar please just look around

Can we have that again in English driver??

All I care about work-wise is that Con-way continues to pay me a large dollar for performing the job which I will continue to do well so long as the pay is there.. What am I who but lookin at around driver..lol..lol..

I think his point was the company only cares about $$...which being a public company thats all they should care about....they have investors and icp died when the dsrs were makin gmore icp that the shareholders....then they raised the icp goals....i know a driver during those days making a nice icp check right before x-mas...now they raise your benefits right before x-mas...

I think his point was the company only cares about $$...which being a public company thats all they should care about....they have investors and icp died when the dsrs were makin gmore icp that the shareholders....then they raised the icp goals....i know a driver during those days making a nice icp check right before x-mas...now they raise your benefits right before x-mas...

That is pretty much what I got out of the original post but not in the detail how you explained it

How does that make Con-way any different then anyone else including us as employees. I know I don't come to work everyday for the fun of it. I'm here to make money to support my family. Business are not in business to supply us a job they are in business to make money. The way I look at is I work for the highest bidder for my skills.

if you treat your workers right you get more production,better attitude,pride,and drivers looking out for one another and ACTUALLY THE COMPANY, that is all gone here,while other companies gave raises we got cut to the friggin bone,not because it was necessary,but because they could get away with it,nuf said

How does that make Con-way any different then anyone else including us as employees. I know I don't come to work everyday for the fun of it. I'm here to make money to support my family. Business are not in business to supply us a job they are in business to make money. The way I look at is I work for the highest bidder for my skills.

Not long ago we got a speach about how money isn't everything, it was actually #6 on the "Con-way" list of what keep employees happy. #1 was recognition, I don't remember the others. I understand that Con-way's #1 goal is to make money, but they think that we shouldn't have the same goals (or at least the priority of our goals should be different). The worse you treat an employ the more money means to them. I deal a certian amount of BS for a certian wage. More BS means it'll take more money to keep me happy. Cut wages, my attitude goes down and I don't deal with as much BS.

At this time, my main concern is money, we don't get treated badly in our shop. If/when I leave Con-way, it will be because I am fed up with waiting for things to improve and get back a to fair wage. The second biggest concern I have is that CGO keeps blatently lying to us. "You're doing good, we appriecate your hard work, we couldn't have done it without you, etc." That's all fine and dandy, but has anyone looked at there incentive plan??? We wont get squat. They are either lying to us now about how good we are doing, or the plan was knowingly set up unattainable. They set the plan up knowing that we would not get anything. That kind of BS has to stop if they are going to keep me as an employee. Be honest, "there is no incentive this year". Stop paying people to to all those calculations to come up with zero's. Be honest and get rid of it. Claims is not the issue, even with zero claims we wou'd not make the minimun to make plan. Stop lying about it.

They admitted to making bad decisions and are getting "back to the basics." This incentive plan was set up durring those bad decision times, and they are keeping one of the worst decisions in place, a incentive plan that gives absolutely no incentive. CGO needs a lesson on our core values.

Fair wages is a big concern of mine, but I am willing to stick it out hoping for it to improve (there is a reason for cutting costs). There is absolutly no reaon that they have to BS us with this joke of an incentive plan.

Right now I am planning for the future. In that plan is a career change if CGO cannot change their ways in about a year. Maybe that's what they want, get rid of all the people that remember what it was like and get all new people that don't know what it used to be like.

if you treat your workers right you get more production,better attitude,pride,and drivers looking out for one another and ACTUALLY THE COMPANY, that is all gone here,while other companies gave raises we got cut to the friggin bone,not because it was necessary,but because they could get away with it,nuf said

Absolutely agree, don't take my previous comment to mean that the take aways are justified. There are better ways to improve profits then simply cutting wages and take things away from employees. Improving moral and getting employees to work hard for the company improves profits better than slashing pay. Keeping a company profitable takes commitment from both employees and the company. We control the amount of money spent on waste (damages, accidents, long term workers comp, laziness) and these things cost the company way more than the amount saved by taking benefits away from employees. There fore moral plays a big part in the sustainability of a company. My only point from my previous comment was we are all in this for money and the company is no different. But yes there are better ways to improve profits.

I kinda agree with you Rat. With me all I need and want to do is earn a living. What is most important is getting treated with dignity and respect. I am tired of all the half truths and lies. A good example is the video about CSA2010. They (company) never told the uninformed employee's the REAL reason for it. It is for the Government to moniter the companys short comming that way if they have a problem with maintance and out of service for potential breakdowns, the DOT can audit the shops. If they have a log violations they can do a intervention with logs. They (management) won't tell us that will they. It's all about keeping their butt's out of trouble. Proper and REAL communication in this company is against company policy and forbidden. Imagine that.