Yellow | COO April 2012 comments thread .

As I understand.holland and new penn don't haul the pricing and classification of freight.that yrc freight does.yrc freight sister companies haul cheaper type freight.I'm not knocking those two companies.that's just the way it has been.yrc freight has always done better hauling longer mileage freight.the old roadway and old yellow companies both faired better doing that.
I would say they both haul the same frt we do, except they do it quicker, less work rule restrictions, and way less damage. Last I heard, Holland was almost 99 plus percent claim free. Not sure about NP. Just my opinion.

And what the language does not permit Hoffa and Tyson Johnson do.

ABFer, elaborate a little please.

Hoffa and Tyson Johnson have demonstrated that they will do/permit whatever YRC asks for in order to breathe another breath. They tried to get the ABF members to do the same thing but somehow we resisted and refused to be conned into giving in to the beg back.

Hoffa and Tyson Johnson have demonstrated that they will do/permit whatever YRC asks for in order to breathe another breath. They tried to get the ABF members to do the same thing but somehow we resisted and refused to be conned into giving in to the beg back.

Because of you, Muler, and alot more guys that took the time to get the facts out there and make good arguments against it. But you have to remember that it was an entirely different situation here. Yours was just greed because they saw an opprutunity to use the economy.I hope you win again at contract time.

ABF & YRCW was apples and oranges (no pun intended on them green apples)....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
ABF & YRCW was apples and oranges (no pun intended on them green apples by the way)......KK
they will be playing the survival card for years to come. always will have a new reason they can't give it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously have never seen what is on YRC trailers, or Hollands, or anyone elses for that matter.

I wouldn't compare Holland's loads to YRC's. Most USF loads I see are floor loaded with next to ZERO DAMAGES! It's an adventure opening a swinging door trailer loaded by a YRC employee! By YRC, I mean someone with a Yellow or Roadway legacy.

If YRC would stop hauling freight at a loss and stop wasting money on name changes. Maybe we could get our retirement and money back. Cut out the waste of money and charge a little more for our services!

Because of you, Muler, and alot more guys that took the time to get the facts out there and make good arguments against it. But you have to remember that it was an entirely different situation here. Yours was just greed because they saw an opprutunity to use the economy.I hope you win again at contract time.
Brothers have to understand it is business with the companies. But they have to understand it is personal on our parts. The only real issue I saw with the yrc give back was that they did not give any real facts.And the union did not force them to do so. I never did say yrc was not broke. I just don't think it was done properly. And yes we will have a few big decisions to make in the near future. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I agree with brother Muler.we dkd not get all the facts.the facts we did get.I don't think they were totally truthful.I voted no twice
I didn't agree with this coo in its entirity.