Yellow | COO April 2012 comments thread .

Wow what a joke! you will post endless lines of bull but to save space you post the COO so small we can't read it. I really didn't except much more from this board thanks for the lackluster effort.
I can read it on my iPhone. Thanks to EVERYONE for putting out this COO.

thanks jeff and r-14 for info... hope union tells them to stick it unless guys are getting something back from what they have given up for it. last change put employees in new positions to help stay afloat..now want another change to move people back to the way it was originally when that wasn't working...

What your not seeing the half empty velocity trailer go back and forth to the breakbulk and then a L/H driver bringing a single pup, instead of 2 guys running back and forth we now will have only one in a lot of cases.

What doesn't make sense to the reversal of primaries, 653 to 135(if memory serves) what's the difference?

This is probably happening a lot throughout the country. The idea of the velocity driver does speed up the freight, but two separate networks makes no sense.

Here is another question. If the regionals are going to handle the next day freight, shouldn't we be able to follow our work? Can you say dovetail?

Wow what a joke! you will post endless lines of bull but to save space you post the COO so small we can't read it. I really didn't except much more from this board thanks for the lackluster effort.

Then read it at your terminal and stop crying!

This is probably happening a lot throughout the country. The idea of the velocity driver does speed up the freight, but two separate networks makes no sense.
We've been stepping on something since they started velocity service. It's about time we put it back in our pants. Our network is not conductive to 1 day service the regional group's are. I apologize if this offends some people but those are the facts. IMHO

Thanks Jeff. You do superior work!

Such great work, that it is OFTEN copied by others....but NEVER beat getting the story!

I notice that TOL had to even copy it from TB and post it....it even has the TB watermark on the documents.....that had to hurt!

Thanks to all the TB members who stay on their toes to make this the BEST PLACE TO KNOW WHAT"S GOING ON!.....KK

I'm one of the people being negatively effected by yellow's flesh eating businesslike practices and it sucks working for decent co. For so long then having another co. Come in steel everything you have buy hortatory and throw. Us to the dogs. I personally hope they all (yellow management) have to do a ten year prison sentance we've done nothing but go downhill since the merge

When Yellow started Velocity and once again the merger, everyone was able to follow the work. Now no transfer is available for UE's. Why is it when the work goes to EOL's a person can follow the "work"? Now the EOL's can't follow the work. This isn't right, basically crap on the little barns and take care of the big barns!!!

The greatest danger to YRC Freight's success lies in the answer to the question "What is the difference between ignorance and apathy?". Thanks to Jeff the "I don't know" part is easily overcome, the "I don't care" is a tougher nut to crack!

When Yellow started Velocity and once again the merger, everyone was able to follow the work. Now no transfer is available for UE's. Why is it when the work goes to EOL's a person can follow the "work"? Now the EOL's can't follow the work. This isn't right, basically crap on the little barns and take care of the big barns!!!

You can't follow work that no longer exists. It is being done away with, what work is there to follow?

We've been stepping on something since they started velocity service. It's about time we put it back in our pants. Our network is not conductive to 1 day service the regional group's are. I apologize if this offends some people but those are the facts. IMHO
Sorry to disagree but the fact is where I work all that UE frt will simply go out with the first loads to 123 & 135.

You can't follow work that no longer exists. It is being done away with, what work is there to follow?
Of course this is a great way to add city P&D drivers without having to hire People just for them to laugh in the Company's face when they are offered around $14 an hour when any new hire at the other LTL's would be $18 to $20 an hour to start.
And before some self rightous ____________ tells me to go work for another Company if I don't like it remember, I'm not a new hire.
I really don't think anyone will be laid off for the simple reason there are not enough warm bodies now to work all the Frt. Just Guys who finally got start time bids in the City will now be back on the xtra board.

Tell that to the guys in Carlisle. Minus 30? OUCH!!!

Well having looked over this POS change just once my susuposions were for the most part correct, A lot of members are gonna get ______!
I can remember in 2007 listening to all the frekin hype from the Co about how we were gonna take the next day market. How this was gonna be a cake walk!
Yea, Right! More lies!
I can remember in 2006 how the Co said it needed driver in the EOL terminals so that we could move frt faster and bypass breakbulks speeding up the transit times! Funny how they now have a change of heart.
What do any of you expect me to say? This change Sucks?
Well it dose by that is not my major ***** about it.
These people can NEVER find something and stick to it! Every time they have a change a whole lota people get it right up the___! More Familys hurt because this Union and Company can't seem to get their frekin act together!
My final though on this is simple. what the hell is gonna happen in 5 years when the big shots in kansas City wanna change the whole damn system again?
Anyone up for another move? Hope the housing market is better than it is now because some members are gonna lose their shirts try'in to sell their homes in this market. But of course nobody in Kansas City OR Washington could give a fat ______ hoot in hell about that!
Why do I say this? Simple, for the past 3 years all I have heard from this chicken ____ Co is how we (Teamsters) are OWNERS of the Company?
Anyone, How do you feel about those 70+/- share of YRC stock now? was it worth it?
Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice? Shame on me!