Yellow | COO April 2012 comments thread .

Sorry to disagree but the fact is where I work all that UE frt will simply go out with the first loads to 123 & 135.
I guess what I'm pointing out is YRCW is trying to develope a portfolio of options. In that way the operating subsidiary BEST suited to perform the work will.

I think alot of employees are missing the point of this COO....B.Z. and his bunch FUBAR this company into the mess it is....Jim W. came back and stopped a COO that was to be heard last year when he came in, because of the ones that failed before, he wanted to make this one work....he has said it many times already....WE are going back to what made Yellow & Roadway the company it once was.....the MAJOR LTL player in the market....no warehousing....no logistics....no truckload....just plain old fashion LTL service....you CANNOT blame the past on him....he is here to turn it around....if he cannot do it, then we are all doomed to fail....wake up and get on board.

The best way to take out all of your anger in this mess is to make it work and prove those that came before him look like the incompatant fools they were!.....KK

I think alot of employees are missing the point of this COO....B.Z. and his bunch FUBAR this company into the mess it is....Jim W. came back and stopped a COO that was to be heard last year when he came in, because of the ones that failed before, he wanted to make this one work....he has said it many times already....WE are going back to what made Yellow & Roadway the company it once was.....the MAJOR LTL player in the market....no warehousing....no logistics....no truckload....just plain old fashion LTL service....you CANNOT blame the past on him....he is here to turn it around....if he cannot do it, then we are all doomed to fail....wake up and get on board.

The best way to take out all of your anger in this mess is to make it work and prove those that came before him look like the incompatant fools they were!.....KK

Well spoken KK
UNITED WE STAND
DIVIDED WE FALL

Back to Squire one. So the utility / velocity didn't work and im sure its a big reason for more debt. i hope we now get it. and stop trying new ways to haul freight.

Thats the way I see it. Thanks KK.

That's real easy for you to say Kid! Now many members will 728 gain on this move? I'll bet if you were at a losing location you would not feel the same way!

That's real easy for you to say Kid! Now many members will 728 gain on this move? I'll bet if you were at a losing location you would not feel the same way!
One more thing, How can just about every other LTL in this country (Union or not) run next day service and for some damn reason we can't? Don't say we are the only ones set up to handle 500+ mile shipments because I know that's B.S.!
We are not evolving like the other LTL's are, We are going azz backwards thinking that what made us great (Yellow & roadway) will work!
No vision for the future! I only hope we make it till I can retire! I have no faith that this company will be here for the long haul, Not because of the C.O.O., But because of a lack of leadership & vision! We will go back to the things we use to do while all the other LTL's will be loaded with frt that use to be on my truck! I don't give a damn if it's Holland or New Penn, I DON'T WORK FOR THEM! Nobody on the U.E. will be allowed to follow work that will now sit in a NEW PENN truck!
What a damn joke! I hope somebody else see's what I see!

It will always be the way when the big umbrella had 1 union company and several non union 1..
and see if you and are are around long enough that the places they close now stay dark for 5 years and open with some other spin off of yrc non union is running it.
like the stroud term. just reopen with a non union spin off of yrc .
starting pay $9 top pay $13 no bennies,
yard is full of yrc vans and walmart trucks

It will always be the way when the big umbrella had 1 union company and several non union 1..
and see if you and are are around long enough that the places they close now stay dark for 5 years and open with some other spin off of yrc non union is running it.
like the stroud term. just reopen with a non union spin off of yrc .
starting pay $9 top pay $13 no bennies,
yard is full of yrc vans and walmart trucks
I know, I've seen it. Another classic reason why I will never shop at a "****-Mart"!

You do realize we just lost are North Lima and Springfield Mo. runs.
Yes I do. There are winners and losers in any COO. The objective is to configure the network in such a way as to provide for the MOST cost effective operation. This is not a COO I would have written but Messrs. Welch and Rogers didn't consult with me!
As info, North Lima (R07) is AKA "the duck pond".

PROPOSED AS: 52 Road / City 24 / Switchers 5 / Mecahnics 10.....If it was the other way around, the contract would still apply and we would be making sure that the number did indeed reflect the ones who were leaving and had work on the other end, instead of flooding a terminal with people and not enough work....Those who are from this area remember that Atlanta ran all those points (and made money) before the merger and lost the work to 705 after the merger and LOST many of the jobs with it....We still have 78 Road still laid off since 2008 and those will be knocked down another 52 slots, but the contract allows them to follow their work....can't have it both ways....just sayin'.....KK

Hey K.K., now that they have 30 days to argue these changes,do you think the velocity and U.E. have an arguement that they should be able to follow the freight ? I think they should be able to follow the freight. Any one comment please .

Some of you guys just don't get it. The company is giving all the short haul freight to the regionals. They already handle such freight so the increase from us will boost their profits considerably. We will no longer have the separate distribution network dedicated to the short haul thus we will save money. It is a win win situation for the company. Unfortunately it is a bad deal for the employees involved. They cannot follow the freight to a different company , chances are some of it will be taken by FedEx , Conway etc. The business is being eliminated. But that's business. Moral of the story..never ever transfer to a small terminal where your job can be eliminated easily. Try to stick to the big breakbulks in the major cities.

Why does some think the only freight UE's hauled was 1 day freight? UE's haul trailers full of 1-5 day freight!!! These will now become bid runs out of the breaks, another thing is our focus is going to be long haul. I haven't read anywhere that were interlining our next day and 2 day freight to the regionals. We still have customers that like YRC as there preferred carrier! Did I miss the memo that time critical is being done away with too!!!

Hey K.K., now that they have 30 days to argue these changes,do you think the velocity and U.E. have an arguement that they should be able to follow the freight ? I think they should be able to follow the freight. Any one comment please .

You are free to follow the freight. In order to do so you will have to resign and go to work for someone else.