New Penn | COO in Maspeth ??

I can't tell you exactly what Volpe's function is... But I know that at one time they were doing a lot of Holland's N.J. P&D.

The Holland driver told me that Volpe (a small union carrier) still does some LTL interline work for Holland in N.J.

damn i was almost certain that Volpe was non-union. i see their trailer at times in my area driven by oo's or a cartage co.

Not trying to hijack a thread, just wondering where your Maspeth terminal is? i worked in Maspeth about a lifetime ago and I don't remember where a New Penn terminal was.

Not trying to hijack a thread, just wondering where your Maspeth terminal is? i worked in Maspeth about a lifetime ago and I don't remember where a New Penn terminal was.

it's located on Grand Avenue & Page Pl. if your on 495 you get off on Maurice Ave. and drive straight pass Coca-Cola & FedEx, go over the railroad tracks and you'll bang right into Yellow. our yard is down the block from them.

union trucka, see there is list up for your guys to go to kearney. do you think any will go, or whats the talk over there about this whole change?

union trucka, see there is list up for your guys to go to kearney. do you think any will go, or whats the talk over there about this whole change?

well as of right now i know of only 1 guy that is a definate and 1 more might be possible but that's it. part of the problem is the guys that run the Bronx now for us all live close to our terminal or on Long Island so they aint going nowhere. i would've made the change but i too live about 15 min. from Maspeth so that rules me out too. tell you what, those guys will get to check out the lovely ladies everyday runnin the Bronx :1036316054:

bye, bye to the Bronx

yeah well the COO took effect as of yesterday. they took 2 tractors and 4 st. jobs. hopefully all the casuals keep their jobs over in my terminal. we shall see how slow we get now. the dock claims we're getting about 700-800 bills without the Bronx frt. Let's see how long this continues.