Coo

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by newpenn22, May 18, 2016.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

http://6abc.com/business/fedex-hub-in-allentown-to-be-largest-in-us/1378308/

I brought it up because obviously the area is booming.....yet NPME/YRC has opted to trim the terminal who services the area.......and chance creating even more sour attitudes than they've already created. Readings not the greatest locality to service it from imo because there's no fast way back and forth from there.....but you're not gonna make money by doing it from farther.

2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

3. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

The article I read said PA, that said being the largest in the country would also make it the largest in PA, but not the largest in the world:hide:

4. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

Is that the warehouse being built on 222 south of Dorney park? I notice there is a mall with a target being built .

5. slavenomore

The Fedex thing is at the airport. The one you say may be the new ULINE warehouse. They were in 4 buildings but are moving into one huge one. There's big ones all over. But they're DC's not manufacturers ..who knows what pays to haul and what costs to haul. Pitt-Ohio probably bought the new building for ULINE. Charitable freight hauling.
    There's trade zones off of 248&33 north and west and north and east. New DC'S along 222. South on 100 also. Bethlehem Steel at 412&78 has a trade zone...big DC's there also.

6. slavenomore

7. useless

useless Active Member

doesn't yrc have a terminal south of airport on airport rd and 22 .5 a mile away

8. slavenomore

No. They used too. They sold it to Pyle and Pyle through them out.

But they are just north of 22 between 512&191. Roadways terminal. The Pyle one was Yellow's.

9. slavenomore

Get mad as we want. Disagree as much as we want. They're gonna do what they want anyways. They say it's contractual and they're doing it.
    If it's correct to assume that Camp Hill, Cinnaminson and Trenton have guys but not enough work. And Reading has work but shortage of guys. That would mean they are once again catering to junior guys. It would be junior guys at the 3 terminals who wouldn't have work.
    And instead of having them junior guys transfer to the work, they are taking work from guys, most probably senior to them, in Reading, and giving it to junior guys. We've seen problems catering to junior guys here since this "driver shortage" has been here.
    Complain as we will...New Penn will do what they want.

10. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Kearny has to go in to help Trenton now

slavenomore likes this.
  11. slavenomore

Maybe Maspeth could run Buffalo?

12. slavenomore

I'm surprised Kearny wasn't given Allentown or Tamaqua or Pine Grove or something.

Keepingon likes this.
  13. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

our TM at #03 said that little sliver on the coo map posted in reading is supposed to generate 142 bills a night for #03. what customers in that area could possably generate that many bills a night? also need 16 guys from reading to come to camp hill to handle that many bills. seems like a lot of man power for that small area to me. anybody in reading know the answer? do I have to say the true answer and not made up sh%t!!!!

14. slavenomore

Kenneth Square, West Chester, Coatsville, Downingtown...All of Lancaster County, Lebanon...... Let me count how many of our guys put in 10-12 hour days there everyday.....my guess is somewhere around 15.
    Sure I could be wrong on why.......but either somebody's trying to play bigshot....or they're being told to.

15. slavenomore

That does not include road drivers nor inbound and outbound dockworkers....a real union might point the BS out....but those days left 40 years ago.

16. slavenomore

Nor does the tally include a straight truck which goes there 2-3 days/week.

17. slavenomore

Rumor has it that the responsible parties will be looking for new jobs if and WHEN it doesn't work out.

18. slavenomore

How many nonunion mechanics in Camp Hill. We have 5 here who are Teamsters. Why has 776 not attempted to change that in all these years?
    How many are there? 15? Who pay their own healthcare? 15-16 trucks will leave Reading is the rumor...and surely a mechanic or 2 will be cut here. Not that we can afford it even losing that many trucks.

19. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

[​IMG]
    C'mon now that ain't right!!!!

20. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

first off lets get something straight here, just about nobody In #03 wants this to happen, ok, and if It finally does happen well there is not a thing any teamsters at #03 can do about it. lets face it there is stll animosity over at #02 from the Lancaster closeing 10 plus years ago. #03 isn't getting all of Lancaster county, and even with #14 getting some that's still not all of Lancaster county. 16 men able to go to #03 is includeing road and city , based on the bills generated by the change. which leads me back to my question of what customers are going to generate that many bills a night?? don't think your looseing mechanics, takes 2 to fuel trucks everyday, and were still saddeled with plenty of junk to work on daily. 776 at this time would be wasteing there time as there is still to many old school npme mechanics who are happy with what they have. although YRC healthcare turned to :shit: for them about a year ago. and as far as loseing there jobs if this doesn't work out, we could only hope the 2 top clowns would go, but that aint never going to happen as long as YRC owns us, no matter what the two clowns dream up.....