New Penn | Coo

It's like a cesspool of misery with most of the employees still there.
I have to say that I don't blame them, particularly the older ones. They had a good, strong, money making company, lean mean working machine and YRC ruined it. Cut their pay (after they rejected the cuts at least once they were ordered to vote again and get it right), all but eliminated their pension payments costing them their retirement all while lavishing upper management with some of the highest salaries in the industry and basically just pissed all over the workers. I commend anyone who can work there and maintain positive attitude and if I worked there I'd be looking to move on.

I have to say that I don't blame them, particularly the older ones. They had a good, strong, money making company, lean mean working machine and YRC ruined it. Cut their pay (after they rejected the cuts at least once they were ordered to vote again and get it right), all but eliminated their pension payments costing them their retirement all while lavishing upper management with some of the highest salaries in the industry and basically just pissed all over the workers. I commend anyone who can work there and maintain positive attitude and if I worked there I'd be looking to move on.
The company slogan here seems to be "F!&! THE DRIVER" After 20 years I set up a road test elsewhere.damn shame what they are doing to this company.

but hey look, they got a new web site, modern technology at its finest, generation skipping tech!! these morons actually have said that npme is one of the most financially secure companys in the business. if you really want a good laugh, read how they describe the conditions for working here for dock workers. in there employement section of new website. they got to be smokeing crack down there in Lebanon, what they claim and what is the truth is so far apart its mind blowing...

I hold no ill will towards any of them. New Penn isn't returning to what it once was and if anything may get worse in 2019. For me, I just don't want to work with a bunch of guys that miserable. Some of the nicest and most friendly are senior guys it's just the others. Management is a joke I would call a 1% er. Where 1% of what they tell you is truth. Plus..... when you are not even driving due to bid cuts, maybe it's time to that union advice and get out.

DQJd3c7.jpg

:emoticon digging:

If they cant service the customer, how are they going to teach us how to use the new computers?

Last edited:
well with this new live website, customers can see there freight still sitting on the dock instead of moveing, can see it going to some other terminal except the one its supposed to go to. wonder if they can see their freight parked in a trailer that doesn't get worked today. maybe watch it sit in the yard couple days before its touched. thank you sawnkee and faust for making npme one of the most inefficiently run companys in the country. that 97.2 o/r is definitely something for you two to be proud of...

:emoticon digging:

If they cant service the customer, how are they going to teach us how to use the new computers?
maybe yrc should read this
  1. Work»
  2. Job Search»
  3. Job Search Etiquette»
Signs of Low Morale Among Employees
by Ruth Mayhew
86531395.jpg

Related Articles
Low morale doesn't just show on the faces of disheartened employees who go about their day with sad, uninterested expressions, constantly looking at the clock waiting until quitting time. Low morale manifests itself in many other ways that affect the organization's bottom line -- poor performance, costly absenteeism and difficult-to-resolve workplace conflict that creates even more expense for employers who must defend their employment actions in the courts. Identifying low morale is just the beginning, however. Organizations that recognize problematic morale are obligated to implement strategy to improve overall job satisfaction and increase morale to restore productive working conditions for their employees.

Ads by Google
2017 Engagement Checklist
Free checklist to assess employee engagement. See how you score.
info.glintinc.com
Turnover
One of the tell-tale signs of low morale in the workplace is employee turnover. Employees who become disillusioned with their jobs ultimately feel unappreciated and look for employment elsewhere. As they embark upon a job search and talk about the job search with colleagues with whom they commiserate about the poor working conditions, their co-workers might embark upon a job search of their own. The domino effect occurs and results in a higher-than-normal turnover.

Productivity
Low productivity is another manifestation of poor employee morale. Poor morale affects the manner in which employees perform their job duties. They may be less attentive to their job duties or careless about maintaining proficiency in areas where they once excelled. As a result, their performance drops and, eventually, it has a devastating impact on productivity. Diminished productivity affects the bottom line, which means reduced profitability for the organization overall.

Conflict
Unhappy employees tend to be involved in more incidents of workplace conflict. According to Randstad Engineering's post titled, "Turning Workplace Conflict Into Opportunity," conflict and morale are inextricably intertwined. At first, a few incidents of workplace conflict might be brushed aside as a mere difference in opinion between two or more employees. However, over time, as conflict between employees and conflict between employees and supervisors increases, it becomes much more difficult for the HR department to address workplace issues. With a higher incidence of workplace conflict, HR may find it difficult to use proactive measures to prevent the conflict, and is therefore, dependent on mainly reactive measures to resolve workplace issues.

Absenteeism
In its 2007 annual study on how morale increases the number of unscheduled absences, research products provider Wolters Kluwer Law & Business reports that absenteeism due to low morale cost employers upwards of three-quarters of a million dollars. It identifies reasons that employees give for not showing up to work when the company knows that low morale is the culprit. According to CCH's "Unscheduled Absence Survey," employees with low morale call in sick with excuses related to personal illnesses, family matters and because they feel entitled to a day off.
well with this new live website, customers can see there freight still sitting on the dock instead of moveing, can see it going to some other terminal except the one its supposed to go to. wonder if they can see their freight parked in a trailer that doesn't get worked today. maybe watch it sit in the yard couple days before its touched. thank you sawnkee and faust for making npme one of the most inefficiently run companys in the country. that 97.2 o/r is definitely something for you two to be proud of...

I was mostly dock before they switched to load bars and racking and stacking and 53's all the time....now I'm back.....I never really cared about companies. Was never a company man. But what I see now is leaving me almost speechless except for some rageful outbursts about the way the trailers are loaded and the extra work we must do to clean up the disgusting messes.....every third trailer or so........This company is run exactly the same way every other loser company operated whilst new Penn was beating them all...........pathetic gambling money wasters...looking for money only for the few at the top........Take a system which totally worked...made workers happy. made customers happy......and turn it into a piece of :::shit::: trash hauling outfit......stack it stack it stack it!!!!!! rack it rack it rack it!!!!!!It's the only way too make money!!!!! Fill the big stupid waste of time and money 53'

sorry...that lie was proven wrong when NPME was top...following that has done nothing.

I've seen companies do stupid things before...but what YRC has done and what they do now.....it don't get dumber than this..no way.

"well with this new live website, customers can see there freight still sitting on the dock instead of moveing, can see it going to some other terminal except the one its supposed to go to. wonder if they can see their freight parked in a trailer that doesn't get worked today. maybe watch it sit in the yard couple days before its touched."...........that's some funny stuff there....not really funny...but funny.
I read in one of the other post that the TM in Philly got whacked. Whos next???