Averitt | Cookout in NASHVILLE

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Attended the cookout in Nas,while my truck was getting worked on. GS and some shirts were there,thanking everyone for there efforts. I went out of my way to thank Gary for the upgrade of the TIF facility. He mentioned that upgrades are on the way for MOB,AVL,RAL and CHR. We are getting some new trls, and MORE Volvo's. Put the grab on lot's of free pens and other goodies. The chow was'nt bad either.

I spent some time with him last year, he was a great listener, showed concern and offered insight to an issue I had. He is still 100% involved with the company, a member of upper management told me he still meets each week with all the VP's and see's where and how every penny is spent. He also looked me in the eye throughout our conversation, that's big to me. And to hear him thank me for my 23 years of service and safe driving record meant alot. I do my job well because of my faith and relationship with Christ, so I'm not into the "praise" of men, but to hear the Chief say it's appreciated is nice.

Come to think about it...He seemed to be actually enjoying being there,talking with people...not just putting"FACE TIME" in. Would like to see more of him and or the other SHIRTS!

We need new trailers the 9000's are looking as ragged as the old 8000's...
All of our T/L trailers need work....Header boards ripped out,holes in the sides and roofs,doors that are being ripped apart..Does'nt take a person long to figuire out where this is being done. Heck there are some 8xxx,9xxx that are in better shape than our 10xxx and 11xxx. If they inspected our trls and took them out of service to repair them,we would be XTRA lease best customer. The Dedicated trls they took from T/L hardly ever see a shop. our 512xxx,511xxx,517xxx,12xxx and 13xxx trls are really starting to look REAL rough....Of course NOBODY will admitt how they got that way.....HMMMM?

We were told in a meeting that alot of new trailers are coming in service by the year's end.
Heard they going to be Wabash,if they are swing doors,hope they are like 13167,airsliders,talk about EZ sliding of the tandems.

GS no longer controls the company. He is a cardboard cutout to be in photos for the Pravda...nothing more.

And you believed them.
They told me I would have a new Volvo by mid Summer and I did, so yes I believe them, but new trailer's are not really an issue with me, I spend just a few minutes safety checking them each night verses hours of Volvomobiling.