Yellow | copley ohio

tom3901

TB Lurker
Credits
Wondering if any of you Roadway guys can tell me how many Linehaul guys you have? We have about 340 in CVE. I assume we will be together with you and I am just asking the basics. Have any of you heard the deal yet? I am not sure if you are coming north to the CVE terminal, or we are heading to yours? Thanks.

Don,t worry about it.

Wondering if any of you Roadway guys can tell me how many Linehaul guys you have? We have about 340 in CVE. I assume we will be together with you and I am just asking the basics. Have any of you heard the deal yet? I am not sure if you are coming north to the CVE terminal, or we are heading to yours? Thanks.[/Don,tQUOTE]

What difference will it make. If you do not have a minimum of at least 20 years company service at CVE, when they combine Yellow Roadway, it would be in your best interest to look elsewhere for employment, in order to remain financially viable. Big R's road list is loaded with gray beards.Had you read the financial portion of Transport Topics 2 weeks ago ,you would already know about the dismantling of the teamsters union by YRCW. An unnamed source reported that there will be a reduction of at least 30% of unionized labor workforce after this action by YRCW is complete. That,s assuming that there is not a total financial implosion of our banking system. Good Luck Tom 3901........

ok I appreciate it. I have about 15 years at cve and that puts me in the bottom of the top third of the board. That should let you big r guys gauge where you would fall. thanks again.

Mike Smid, in a recent article to Transport Topics had said....

This is not going to be a one-for-one situation. It will all depend on the situation of individual places.

Take where I am currently. EOL, Yellow and Roadway, Daytona Beach. As far as linehaul is concerned....

Yellow BB is in Atlanta, they have 2 bid men. One comes in around midnight, drops off the IB and goes to bed. The other comes in around noon, drops off IB and goes to bed. Yellow OB doesn't get their OB rolling until 12 hours later. Or more. Cuz it's a lay down/ layover.

Roadway has BB in Valdosta, Ga. 3.8 miles from me. ALL of my OB is BACK to the breakbulk B4 midnight the SAME DAY.

Maybe we will still need the Yellow Atlanta linehaul to bring the freight to VALDOSTA, and then he turns around and goes home. No more layover, no more motel... Valdosta linehaul will bring it to Daytona, and go back home, or to Orlando, or Ocala or however much time he time before he is sent home. I think you will see alot less layover, and more butt-heads/ meet-n-turns, and we will still need these drivers.... Just no more MOTEL TIME.....

I already see it. Valdosta BB linhaul got a bid to Cocoa, but he is carrying one pup for me,Daytona, and one pup for MIAMI ( currently a motel for Roadway Valdosta to Miami ) Drops it in Cocoa, Miami linehaul comes to Cocoa and brings it back, 4-5 hours, and goes home. NO MORE MOTEL, but we still need the drivers.... They'll just spend more time sleeping in their own bed at night.....

Roadway will bid again in Novemeber...wait and see what happens and the changes you may see, before you think it will be "one for one" and you are history..... Daytona never had a bid linehaul before. It is too short to do it once, and too long to do it twice ! I got me a BID driver this last April! WHY? Maybe so they could drop Miami trailers in my yard, as a drop lot, and have Miami linehaul come get it. 5 hours one way. I already see it, Miami bound trailers sittin in my yard...........Do a little research on Mapquest.... check the transit hours, and look at the layover bids, and how the company can save money, by NOT paying MOTEL TIME.... and get faster transit times, with buttheads/ meet-n-turns....

Look for less layover bids.
Look for more new bids to/from the "weirdest places"

It's already been happening here since last bid in April.....

they already have a seniority list from richfeild floating around the copley terminal ,they are checking out where they will fall.

What was that letter i read thats hanging on the board from M.Smid stating that both the Copley and Cleavland terminals will not be affected along with the ago office.

Mike Smid, in a recent article to Transport Topics had said....

This is not going to be a one-for-one situation. It will all depend on the situation of individual places.

Take where I am currently. EOL, Yellow and Roadway, Daytona Beach. As far as linehaul is concerned....

Yellow BB is in Atlanta, they have 2 bid men. One comes in around midnight, drops off the IB and goes to bed. The other comes in around noon, drops off IB and goes to bed. Yellow OB doesn't get their OB rolling until 12 hours later. Or more. Cuz it's a lay down/ layover.

Roadway has BB in Valdosta, Ga. 3.8 miles from me. ALL of my OB is BACK to the breakbulk B4 midnight the SAME DAY.

Maybe we will still need the Yellow Atlanta linehaul to bring the freight to VALDOSTA, and then he turns around and goes home. No more layover, no more motel... Valdosta linehaul will bring it to Daytona, and go back home, or to Orlando, or Ocala or however much time he time before he is sent home. I think you will see alot less layover, and more butt-heads/ meet-n-turns, and we will still need these drivers.... Just no more MOTEL TIME.....

I already see it. Valdosta BB linhaul got a bid to Cocoa, but he is carrying one pup for me,Daytona, and one pup for MIAMI ( currently a motel for Roadway Valdosta to Miami ) Drops it in Cocoa, Miami linehaul comes to Cocoa and brings it back, 4-5 hours, and goes home. NO MORE MOTEL, but we still need the drivers.... They'll just spend more time sleeping in their own bed at night.....

Roadway will bid again in Novemeber...wait and see what happens and the changes you may see, before you think it will be "one for one" and you are history..... Daytona never had a bid linehaul before. It is too short to do it once, and too long to do it twice ! I got me a BID driver this last April! WHY? Maybe so they could drop Miami trailers in my yard, as a drop lot, and have Miami linehaul come get it. 5 hours one way. I already see it, Miami bound trailers sittin in my yard...........Do a little research on Mapquest.... check the transit hours, and look at the layover bids, and how the company can save money, by NOT paying MOTEL TIME.... and get faster transit times, with buttheads/ meet-n-turns....

Look for less layover bids.
Look for more new bids to/from the "weirdest places"

It's already been happening here since last bid in April.....

Nail on the head.....

i truly understand most ppl's first reaction to all the merging as DOOM AND GLOOM, but if you look closely at what bluemule has stated is exactly were alot of savings can take place and you are still moving the frieght without much pain to the workforce..in fact it can actually add a few jobs and improve the service times...

look at the usf house for the answers that are slowly showing themselves now.. all about the saving of HOTEL STAYS....the company is tired of spending an extra 40 bucks a nite/per driver on something they can easily avoid and keep the driver closer to their home domicile/ less confusion on were to send them next

PLEASE PEOPLE TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.....even though sometimes it is hard to find the silver lining,

with that said i truly hope we all land on our feet whether some of us keep our jobs or not.

take care and be careful brothers...jb

they already have a seniority list from richfeild floating around the copley terminal ,they are checking out where they will fall.

Don't let this shake you up.....

I'm telling you, the OLD ways of doing business, are just that.... They old ways.... It's not gonna turn out "same ole, same ole"...been here, done that way of doin' business... Hang in there, and wait and see for a couple months.... Especially if you are still working everyday......

What was that letter i read thats hanging on the board from M.Smid stating that both the Copley and Cleavland terminals will not be affected along with the ago office.

The day after the "announcement", I looked online at the Ohio newspapers and the Kansas city/Overland Park newspapers for what yhey may have reported.... I found a couple from Cleveland and Akron area. I found NOTHING from Overland park area..... ( maybe I wasn't looking in the right place, I can't say )---BUT...I had no problem with whatever I entered and something came up on the Ohio newspaper....

Mike Smid had said Akron general office will have nothing to worry about, because we are keeping the Roadway Technology..... Well, the Roadway technology may not be the latest and either, I can tell you that, cuz I work in the office, BUT...I do know, that in little ole Daytona, RDWY Tech is WAY FAR AHEAD, than YFS over there in Daytona.... So, I believe this...cuz you don't gotta pay a machine that can do it all...just one person, maybe to help the machine along...... Maybe this is kinda part of the reason that RDWY is getting new pro numbers... so we can all read everybody's pro's on the computer...... Don't know Copley/Cleveland area to report about......