Cops are looking for a Semi with the word Golden,you dropped ice on a car.

No way u could know there was a chunk of ice on your trailer roof...or if it came off...another thing don't tailgate and it will not hit your car

I think they should just educate the public to stay away from large trucks for there could be a possible problem with ice or snow coming off the roof and striking their vehicle. Should be part of drivers ed to teach and inform of the possible dangers.

"I had seen other chunks up there - definitely a lot more," he says.

ok, how da hell can he see other chunks from a low setting car...????

and this

"It came right off the truck at my windshield, a foot long by half a foot enough to cover half the windshield," says Kopicki.

ok, so his windshield is only 2 feet wide..????

pish-posh, he "claimed" to have "seen other chunks up there", yet he still stayed behind the truck..???

who's to say those chunks did not fall off the steel girders of the bridge..??

a few years ago, the upper level of the GW Bridge was shut down due to falling icicles. it was THEN that all traffic, including trucks, WAS ALLOWED on the lower level.

Ha, he should have NOT been tailgating !!! following to close for conditions , cops need to write him a ticket !!!

Isn't it road debris ? The quarry trucks even put signs on the back of their trucks, telling you that they aren't responsible for when rocks hop out.

Thursday after having departed Gurdon, AR., for Texas, I was in Texas somewhere on I-30 between m.m. 194 and 165 (eye guess) and some ice/snow bits departed the Trailer roof when a car was attempting to pass on the left. The car driver SAW the bits flying towards him/her and SLOWED DOWN till the bits were gone, then hammered down to pass.
Nature put the snow and ice on the roof, Nature removes it.

The ONLY TIME I'm concerned about ICE and SNOW is when I'm either driving or walking, otherwise it's of NO CONCERN.

I think they should just educate the public to stay away from large trucks for there could be a possible problem with ice or snow coming off the roof and striking their vehicle. Should be part of drivers ed to teach and inform of the possible dangers.[/QUOTE
Perhaps "they" should educate truckers about the hazards that exist.Why is it the motoring publics job to make sure that the truck or car going down the road is going to launch a projectile at them? Drivers and companies need to take responsibility for their actions, you are after all "professional"

Thursday after having departed Gurdon, AR., for Texas, I was in Texas somewhere on I-30 between m.m. 194 and 165 (eye guess) and some ice/snow bits departed the Trailer roof when a car was attempting to pass on the left. The car driver SAW the bits flying towards him/her and SLOWED DOWN till the bits were gone, then hammered down to pass.
Nature put the snow and ice on the roof, Nature removes it.

The ONLY TIME I'm concerned about ICE and SNOW is when I'm either driving or walking, otherwise it's of NO CONCERN.
So I guess when or if a piece of ice falls off of a truck and injures one of YOUR loved ones it should be of no concerne to the driver?

So I guess when or if a piece of ice falls off of a truck and injures one of YOUR loved ones it should be of no concerne to the driver?

As a " professional " driver I have taken great care to insist that everyone who knows me knows to get away from the big boys. If you can see a truck you are in danger. Doesn't matter if it is in front , behind or beside you. Get away from it. You can die in an instant. I have seen tires explode. I once saw a complete set of tandems in the middle of the road. Came completely out from under the trailer. Loads shift or come loose of their bindings. We race up to the window and wave the driver over and have a big laugh. That was a close. Got lucky there. Drivers get pushed beyond their limits. Physically and mentally.

If you haven't done the same for the ones you care about. Shame on you.

As a " professional " driver I have taken great care to insist that everyone who knows me knows to get away from the big boys. If you can see a truck you are in danger. Doesn't matter if it is in front , behind or beside you. Get away from it. You can die in an instant. I have seen tires explode. I once saw a complete set of tandems in the middle of the road. Came completely out from under the trailer. Loads shift or come loose of their bindings. We race up to the window and wave the driver over and have a big laugh. That was a close. Got lucky there. Drivers get pushed beyond their limits. Physically and mentally.

If you haven't done the same for the ones you care about. Shame on you.
So it's the motoring publics fault? I don't know about you but I've seen ice fly over 100 feet after it leaves the roof of a trailer. It's an issue that needs to be corrected, I don't have the answer but I do know , "it's not my concern " isn't it. And yes I tell everybody I know that most truck drivers are dangerous. That's what happens when you hire out of the puppy mill.

So it's the motoring publics fault? I don't know about you but I've seen ice fly over 100 feet after it leaves the roof of a trailer. It's an issue that needs to be corrected, I don't have the answer but I do know , "it's not my concern " isn't it. And yes I tell everybody I know that most truck drivers are dangerous. That's what happens when you hire out of the puppy mill.

Oh so you go and tell everyone you know, what all 3 people, that most truckers are dangerous, making you the consummate highly experienced professional out there..??? and all CDL Mills train newbies to be dangerous with snow on the trailer roofs? So like, uh, what's next, blaming God or Mother Nature for the snow..??? so YOU PERSONALLY get up on the trailer and shovel of the snow..????

gimme a break, self righteous truckers like you, are about as asinine as the general motoring public.

Are you trying to tell me how to keep a idiot in suspense?. ..I know I'll tell you tomorrow. ...

Maybe that property owner should get out on edge of his building and clean the hazard off....and possibly fall to their death.