Cops are looking for a Semi with the word Golden,you dropped ice on a car.

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by Apostolic, Feb 28, 2015.

1. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

Bulldoze'em down.

2. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

Bulldoze'em down.

3. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I guess that would work. ....

4. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

[QUOTE="Stimpy, What is your position on ice falling off of tall buildings? ???[/QUOTE]

Ice falling out of Trees is nature unless WE cut down all Trees thereby negating the falling of Ice.
    I've never seen Ice falling from tall buildings, so I have no answer.

AS to Ice falling from Trailers: Nature put it there and nature removes it! (should be the motto for Arkansas).

5. Cerberus_Kelpie

Since 4 wheel people want to follow Trucks with obvious ICE on the Trailers and it's Sunny and the ICE begins to naturally melt and become relocated into windshields of cars, there is no point in being concerned about Loved ones unless I AM THERE WITH THEM at which the ICE bits would not impact any vehicle of which I was in traveling and NO LOVED ONES are careless as to follow closely or tailgate Class 8 Trailers, plus southern California rarely gets ANY ICE buildup on Truck Trailers.

There are those times when ICE falls off overpasses, but that doesn't matter right, as well the extremely random times excrement (in the form of ICE) falls from Airplanes or Mother Ships.

What about all these wonderful people that merely clean their car, pickup truck, s.u.v. front & side windows and drive about spewing ICE missiles or is your concern only about Trucks & Trailers??

Stimpy and pro1driver like this.
  6. Cerberus_Kelpie

If Common Sense is, why isn't it??

7. Cerberus_Kelpie

HOW does that work??
    What if the Snow/Ice buildup is a foot or more thick?
    Many Trailer roof constructs disallow such beating (like Aluminum or Fiberglass) and will, if such technique is used, render the Roof unusable all because of some pointless need to eliminate that of which will be eliminated by Nature or mostly eliminated by a (where available) 13' 7" overpass.
    Nature placed it, Natures moves it!

8. Cerberus_Kelpie

Sunday eye saw a Truck in TN., named GOLDEN FLAKE (potato chips). I think it is based in the North East.

9. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

No just tough guy I'm truck driver and you aren't types. The law does not discriminate it States vehicles not trucks. So answer my question, if it is one of your loved ones (other than yourself) is it not your concern?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  10. Cerberus_Kelpie

Are you saying answer?: So a seer my question,.........a seer is a prophet or medium or clairvoyant or spiritualist.
    - - - - - -
    Well WHAT can be done about anything when we are not present?
    If such event happened to a Loved One in Oklahoma and you are in Floriduh, HOW concerned would be you and of what could you do to help?
    WE are NOT responsible for things on Roads that get airborne like small rocks, etc. into other vehicle windshields, as Dump (Bucket) Trucks and others have such placards denoting same.

Hope something in this post helps someone, sometime. CHEERS!!....end of line

11. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

The signs are for the unsmart ones that need to be told.....of possibly hazards ...just hope they can read.

I wonder what they think when they come up on a fire truck that has a sign saying. ....stay back 300 feet. ...

12. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

I am stepping way out of line here. The issue of ice on trailers, is as old as pension woes. The United States Congress, can pass a law concerning it and add it to the next spending bill and it will pass and take care of all of the problems, at no cost to the taxpayers or the company, I know the cost can go to the current retiree's . They may even pass a law saying no trailers can hit the road till they are put in a heated bath. There is no good answer to this. Use common sense. Thanks.

pro1driver likes this.
  13. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

We tried the deer tunnel in Ohio, the only problem was we forgot to teach the dear to read the deer crossing signs, pointing them to the tunnel.

joes bar and grill likes this.
  14. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

ESP likes this.