Cops: 'Road rage' involved in crash that flipped semi, Portland, OR

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
http://http://northeastportland.katu.com/content/cops-road-rage-involved-crash-flipped-semi PORTLAND, Ore. – Police say road rage played a role in a major accident on the Glenn Jackson I-205 bridge early Thursday morning.

The wreck, involving a small car and a Conway semi pulling two trailers, blocked all but one of the southbound lanes of the bridge just after 2 a.m.

Police said they believe the drivers of two cars, a silver Honda Civic and a possibly red Pontiac Grand Am got into a road rage situation that continued onto the bridge.

The Pontiac reportedly hit the Honda, which then hit the semi. The truck swerved to avoid a collision and flipped onto its side. The Pontiac was not hit and the driver fled the scene.

Two people in the Honda managed to walk away from the car despite heavy damage. They were taken to a local hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The bridge was down to one lane at times early Thursday morning as crews righted and removed the semi and trailers.

Police did not say what started the road rage incident but the driver of the Honda, 21-year-old Ilya Anikin, ended up with a citation from Oregon authorities for DUII and reckless driving. He was then arrested by the Washington State Patrol for DUII in that state.
Anyone with information about the other driver in the Pontiac is asked to call the Portland Police Bureau at (503) 823-4357. The car likely does not have any damage.
1205_wreck_6am405_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cops: 'Road rage' involved in crash that flipped semi | Northeast Portland News
1205_wreck_6am405_0.jpg

Oh,Oh a well known famous LTL brand,(CONWAY) I really hate to see any LTL brands involved in a crash.

Well any commercial crashes are bad enough.
However one I know very well,with drivers I know personally that work for them, brings these crashes closer to home so to speak,seeing I was a 45 year man in LTL myself,before I retired.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a DUII?? Driving Under Incompetent Intoxication?

AGAIN, a Driver that swerves to AVOID A ACCIDENT, THEREIN BECOMING ONE!!

KEEP THE DINOSAURS ON THEIR FEET!!
A FAILURE TO SLOW TO AVOID A ACCIDENT is preferable to a ROLLOVER or a LAYOVER which, I believe, IS A PREVENTABLE!!

Times are hard...
Gottta make it where they can.
Rumor has it MS has lowered the tolerance from 10 mph to 5.
Projected to bring in a few million.
Go slower
For a while Wash state was saying "0" tolerance. If you were doing 56 in a 55 they will pull you over. This gives them the opportunity to check for valid license, insurance and whether you are under the influence.

That 2 mile bridge connects Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington. It is a free for all for the police. Four different agencies get in on the action there. Eight lanes, two curves and an elevation change. It feel like your on a rack track. People are always getting clocked over 100 mph.

Oh yea... Both states own the bridge. Multi-state jurisdiction. It is possible to get a ticket from two different states for the same thing.