Core Mark Foods?

They do convenience stores and have a warehouse in Wiliks-barre, PA. That is all I know. I see alot in my area also. Not sure if they have a yard around here or run them from Wiliks-barre but they have increased their presence here in the last two years.

I was suppose to have a interview there last year but I canceled it. Starting pay for the first 3 months was 16.75. After probation period you switched to incentive pay. The guy told me they have drivers making 90k and up. Average was 70k

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I was suppose to have a interview there last year but I canceled it. Starting pay for the first 3 months was 16.75. After probation period you switched to incentive pay. The guy told me they have drivers making 90k and up. Average was 70k

Reapply..........

Thought about it but they are always looking for drivers here. It's constant. Usually that's not a good sign. I talked to a core mark driver one time and he really liked it. The transportation manager told me the guys that make 90k are the drivers that do a couple overnight routes a week

I have been deliverying beer, however my age(51) could be the reason they would not hire me. I will apply anyway all they can say is no!!

Thought about it but they are always looking for drivers here. It's constant. Usually that's not a good sign. I talked to a core mark driver one time and he really liked it. The transportation manager told me the guys that make 90k are the drivers that do a couple overnight routes a week

The company may not always be the reason why they are looking for drivers. It's a physical job and not everyone can do it ;)

I really want that tator chip job I applied for. I talked to a buddy of mine and he said it's pretty hard getting in there. He's tried a few times over the years. Sounds like he might have a job at Vistar tho.

I don't get on here very much, but thought I would chime in since I work for Core-Mark. I think the transportation manager was feeding you a bunch of BS because the top two guys out of my yard made 65k, and worked like slaves. Core-Mark has a lot of turnover because their pay, and health insurance for a family is no where close to the big dogs of the food service. You start out at 17.00 per hour then it goes to incentive pay which always benefits the company because they don't have to pay you overtime you're paid by the cube, mileage, and stop pay. Good things about Core-Mark are you get weekends off, management is laid back, and you will get your own route fairly quickly. Anyways, this is how it is out of my yard.

What yard do you work out of? Even the driver I talked to that one day said with his routes he will make about 72k

I work in the Pacific Northwest, ( would rather not say the specific yard). 72K is unheard of where I work... I'm not saying the driver is lying, just trying to figure out how it's possible with Core-Marks pay system, because the top guys where I work are maxing out there hours, but that's great if they are doing that good!

They got alot of long routes. This driver use to go to Green Bay Wi. They also run all of North Dakota, all of MN, IA and eastern south Dakota

Yeah I can see that then, that's a huge route. Our yard doesn't have a route anything close to that as far as distance wise.

They sure have nice equipment, I see the guy pulling a set going north on I-35 I figure he is coming from TX, he gets off at the exit for the penkse yard so I figure thats where he drops and hooks, he usually blows by me unless there is fog or snow, then old Sysco gets the upper hand ;)

They sure have nice equipment, I see the guy pulling a set going north on I-35 I figure he is coming from TX, he gets off at the exit for the penkse yard so I figure thats where he drops and hooks, he usually blows by me unless there is fog or snow, then old Sysco gets the upper hand ;)

A turtle can blow by a Sysco truck, lol

Real men pull flatbeds. Plus are trucks run like cheetahs. 75 mph unlike a snail sysco truck