Coronavirus: Murray Calls For Multiemployer Pension Crisis Solution To Protect Families From Additio

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Check out this press release today from Senator Patty Murray, ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee. Thanks to Senator Murray and her staff for their hard work and determination in getting legislation passed to protect our pensions!
CORONAVIRUS: Murray Calls for Multiemployer Pension Crisis Solution to Protect Families From Additional Financial Uncertainty | The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions

CORONAVIRUS: Murray Calls for Multiemployer Pension Crisis Solution to P...
The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions

:bgroovy:

Check out this press release today from Senator Patty Murray, ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee. Thanks to Senator Murray and her staff for their hard work and determination in getting legislation passed to protect our pensions!
CORONAVIRUS: Murray Calls for Multiemployer Pension Crisis Solution to Protect Families From Additional Financial Uncertainty | The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions

CORONAVIRUS: Murray Calls for Multiemployer Pension Crisis Solution to P...
The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions

:bgroovy:
Only a Democrat would do this.!!!!:1036316054:

Only a Democrat would do this.!!!!:1036316054:
I call BS on that! A BiPartison Committee almost solved it November 2018. Repub Senator Chuck Grassley proposed a solution to save the pensions and bring the PBGF up from .30 cents on the dollar, up to a .70cents on the dollar payout- but Dems blocked it!

I am not a fan of her's but when Obama wanted to tax retired veteran's health benefits to help pay for Obamacare she told him the bill would be DOA when it got to the senate. (Her father is a WWI veteran).

I call BS on that! A BiPartison Committee almost solved it November 2018. Repub Senator Chuck Grassley proposed a solution to save the pensions and bring the PBGF up from .30 cents on the dollar, up to a .70cents on the dollar payout- but Dems blocked it!
I believe there was other things piggy back to that proposal ,Do some home work and come up with it.I’am too busy to argue.I think if it was so good other republican senators would embrace it.A viable alternative.But don’t blame the Dems ,They didn’t and don’t have the majority ,Your own people shot it down.

I believe there was other things piggy back to that proposal ,Do some home work and come up with it.I’am too busy to argue.I think if it was so good other republican senators would embrace it.A viable alternative.But don’t blame the Dems ,They didn’t and don’t have the majority ,Your own people shot it down.
https://www.finance.senate.gov/chai...shore-up-failing-multiemployer-pension-system

The proposal builds on investigations and research undertaken by Chairman Grassley in recent years, incorporating work of the 2018 Joint Select Committee on the Solvency of the Multiemployer Pension System. As a result of these investigations, Congress now has a stronger understanding of the legal framework and operations of the multiemployer system, including the flaws in the system that have led to the current crisis facing a significant portion of these plans.

The Joint Committee wasn’t a Majority Ruled Committee. There were eight Appointees from each major Party. To agree, it required six from each side agree. The Repubs agreed, but the Proposal was stopped. So, RoadBoss- which side stopped saving of our Pension?

The Joint Committee wasn’t a Majority Ruled Committee. There were eight Appointees from each major Party. To agree, it required six from each side agree. The Repubs agreed, but the Proposal was stopped. So, RoadBoss- which side stopped saving of our Pension?
Are you familiar with Butch Lewis.Read the act to save our pensions.The senate version is much less.

Are you familiar with Butch Lewis.Read the act to save our pensions.The senate version is much less.
I’m very familiar. Even the Dems say the Butch Lewis Act can’t save the Pensions. Grassley’s proposal can. You are stuck in a couple of years ago....