FedEx Freight | CORPORATE communication FEEDBACK

May Video:

Starting out with the continued PSP phylosophy. Survey participation was way up at 94%. The next video (June) will share the overall trends. Meanwhile, local managers are tasked with sharing the more detailed (local level) results with us.

Jeff Greer (from H/R) was the guest, speaking on ELD & Telematics (data collection). Yes, this is the topic that includes cameras.

Camera will capture (save/report) footage when a triggering event occurs.

Triggers include:

Collision mitigation
Roll stability alert
Hard braking
Headway (following too close)

While no official company spokesman mentioned the specifics, drivers from “testing” locations were interviewed. One driver specified that the cameras are forward facing. His comments were clearly edited and there was no mention (either way) of inward facing cameras. Feel free to speculate on what that means.

We were told of the 12 TopWrench Champs heading to the national competition. We wish them the best!

Also metioned was a diversity challenge/competiton, the win aparently going to FedEx de Mexico...

On the NAFTA front we heard from various “associates” from both Mexico & Canada. Account managers, Collections, Fleet Maint., Dock, Opperations Manager, and an Operations associate all sharing their thoughts/enthusiasm.

At the very end, we were asked to provide feedback, on these videos. Any suggestions could be offered though your manager.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
, we now have the ability to offer comments, feedback, requests for topics, questions, suggestions for future videos, etc, directly to Corporate. Any and all comments on these videos can now be made directly via a new link on the FXFE intranet home page. These videos provide direct unfiltered communication from Corporate. Now you/we can communicate directly and unfiltered with Corporate. I recommend using that link to communicate on anything related to these videos, past, present, or future. I know I most certainly will. The only guidelines offered by Mike were to “keep it clean, guys”. Fair enough.

Here is where you'll find the link:

oE2u0q6.jpg

Last edited:
May Video:

Starting out with the continued PSP phylosophy. Survey participation was way up at 94%. The next video (June) will share the overall trends. Meanwhile, local managers are tasked with sharing the more detailed (local level) results with us.

Jeff Greer (from H/R) was the guest, speaking on ELD & Telematics (data collection). Yes, this is the topic that includes cameras.

Camera will capture (save/report) footage when a triggering event occurs.

Triggers include:

Collision mitigation
Roll stability alert
Hard braking
Headway (following too close)

While no official company spokesman mentioned the specifics, drivers from “testing” locations were interviewed. One driver specified that the cameras are forward facing. His comments were clearly edited and there was no mention (either way) of inward facing cameras. Feel free to speculate on what that means.

We were told of the 12 TopWrench Champs heading to the national competition. We wish them the best!

Also metioned was a diversity challenge/competiton, the win aparently going to FedEx de Mexico...

On the NAFTA front we heard from various “associates” from both Mexico & Canada. Account managers, Collections, Fleet Maint., Dock, Opperations Manager, and an Operations associate all sharing their thoughts/enthusiasm.

At the very end, we were asked to provide feedback, on these videos. Any suggestions could be offered though your manager.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
, we now have the ability to offer comments, feedback, requests for topics, questions, suggestions for future videos, etc, directly to Corporate. Any and all comments on these videos can now be made directly via a new link on the FXFE intranet home page. These videos provide direct unfiltered communication from Corporate. Now you/we can communicate directly and unfiltered with Corporate. I recommend using that link to communicate on anything related to these videos, past, present, or future. I know I most certainly will. The only guidelines offered by Mike were to “keep it clean, guys”. Fair enough.

Here is where you'll find the link:

oE2u0q6.jpg

What is the link for feedback? Is this for intranet or Internet? That is to say, can it be accessed from home. That's all

What is the link for feedback? Is this for intranet or Internet? That is to say, can it be accessed from home. That's all
Correction: Actually, it seems that if you click on the link (intranet), it will take you to an e-mail format, in order to type in your suggestions, comments, etc. You can, in fact, write down the email address and send your thoughts directly from the comfort of home.
:clapping:

There is no point in posting the email address here. The last thing we want is serious thoughts/comments getting lost in piles of spam/nonsense.

Last edited:
Correction: Actually, it seems that if you click on the link (intranet), it will take you to an e-mail format, in order to type in your suggestions, comments, etc. You can, in fact, write down the email address and send your thoughts directly from the comfort of home.
:clapping:

There is no point in posting the email address here. The last thing we want is serious thoughts/comments getting lost in piles of spam/nonsense.

Ohhhhh I think I'll try that now

I think on the vacation schedule if your changing a whole week or not taking that week you should atleast give 2 months notice. We have guys taking prime weeks in summer then to change it 2 weeks before and don't even take it. It's not fair to anyone when this happens.

I think on the vacation schedule if your changing a whole week or not taking that week you should atleast give 2 months notice. We have guys taking prime weeks in summer then to change it 2 weeks before and don't even take it. It's not fair to anyone when this happens.
I actually agree with you but (you knew it was coming) sometimes things come up where a "two month's" notice is impossible to give and it would be even harder to rebid that week due to the shake up it would cause with the whole vacation calendar.
It would be the right thing to do but logistically, it would be a nightmare scenario...especially at the larger centers.

June Video:

1st off, the high participation rate for the survey gets a mention. 94%. There were some numbers shown, but too briefly to make accurate note of. Mike said we WILL receive follow up on the survey from local management & H/R.

A gentleman from Harrison, last name Boate (spelling?)- transportation team shared the enthusiasm/excitement with the scores, employee engagement related topics up to the 93% level.

C. Robinson- transportation analyst spoke on new processes initiated to share all available info to coordinate with road drivers to avoid delays due to weather, traffic, construction etc. Also upgrading technology, for example, the ability to locate the driver in a crisis or emergency situations.

J. Jones- M. Director (facilities solutions?) spoke of the "state of the art" nature of our centers, generally having ample space on the docks, as well as the yards. Approx. 1300 doors to be added in the coming year.

Coming in FY17:
#1 focus will always be safety, above all.
Living PSP will continue to be reinforced.
Management will be attending "unfreeze sessions"
Modernization will continue (Tech)
Improve profits (sales)
Improved customer experience addressed (claims)
Focus on growth (NAFTA opportunities)

Also mentioned as coming soon, the "mobile manager". Tablets for managers, to get them out from behind the desk...

Also, at the end, the email address was given for feedback, suggestions, etc, regarding these videos.

Also had an actual visit from Mike Ducker.

Quite an impressive guy, with an incredible resume'. He came from the most humble beginnings, making his way to the top of this international Corporation, now operating in over 200 countries. He played a key role in much of that international growth. He is probably over qualified for this current position, IMHO.

I wish I'd seen his presentation and heard his story when I was around 20. Who knows? Even at 50-ish, I think his story can/will inspire.

He is in person, much like you see in the videos, even more so. Down to earth, stand up guy. I can say with certainty, Mike Ducker is/was not part of the problem. He has most likely contributed to the improvements we see. Who knows how things might be, if we'd have gotten him earlier... still, I think we're lucky to have him.

July 2016,

Going forward, I'm not typing every detail, but will try to share the overall theme, for those who missed it, as well as for reference. We can/will critique the details in subsequent posts, if anyone wants to. Everyone can and should clock to education, and watch for themselves. There is no reason not to.

Mike talked about...

Recent Leadership conference, and the continued reinforcement of the PSP philosophy.

Mike spoke with Ken Frith, recently promoted from M.D-Orlando district, to RVP-SouthWest Region. Ken talked about the balance necessary between People, Service, and Profit.

John Smith spoke about Culture + Strategy = Vision. Also, going forward, all in leadership should now be on the same page.

Mike mentioned recent, ongoing Teamster action. Flyers, leaflets, etc. said to make false claims regarding Insurance, and Electronic Logging Devices. On ELDs he further stated: that they are coming, due to regulations, they have been well received in test locations, and SEVERAL CHANGES have been made as a result of FEEDBACK...

Don Brown EVP and CFO spoke on Q4 results:

Corporate continues to do very well, led by Express in (+) double digit numbers, followed by Ground not far behind.

At Freight, we struggle with a flat/down market.

Some positive news (considering the current market), but again, Don Brown gives credit to the largest wage increase in Company history, as being a (the?) significant factor in below target margins. He reminds us of the importance of achieving/returning to double digit margins.

Moving on, Mike mentioned the feedback received on these videos, via the email suggestion/feedback process. Keep up the feedback!

He mentioned a request for cross op-co info as an upcoming topic, based on suggestions.

The closing was edited to include mention of Wallace (Wally) Lee, of Lexington, South Carolina, in memoriam. Thanks Mike, and condolences to the family and friends. RIP Wally (aka Rawhide).

Second time on 2 different videos Don Brown has mentioned the wage increase from last year. I am pretty sure they are setting everyone up for minimal raise this year. IMO

As a road driver I never thought about the vacation pay except from my own point of view, always thinking city drivers got 40 hours per week. After reading thsee posts I can see where I was wrong, so I do agree that vacation for all should be the same based on your annual salary. One thing I would like to see is the personal and holiday pay be payed out the same way, when we have a holiday as road drivers (and some city drivers)we lose money.

On the hours worked some of the night drivers at our place that go to the hub do in fact get close to 70 hour a week with the delay they have waiting on all the purchase trailers to be loaded first. I understand why we have purchase, but why are our trailers the last to load. The answer I'm given is we have to make sure we have enough freight to fill the purchase, (and if I'm wrong I'll admit it), most of our business is repeat business and the freight doesn't change that much. After you have been working that zone for a while you should know how to pre-plan and be able to get our people out on time. Does anyone agree with this?